collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Am I the only one....  (Read 6802 times)

Offline ACVilla

• GM : 16.03.2017
Re: Am I the only one....
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2017, 07:16:16 AM »
Deleted - quote fail
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 09:58:02 AM by ACVilla »

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 08:34:45 AM »
I pretty much only follow Villa and England. I took the decision last summer to only watch the games Villa take seriously and so missed both cup ties. Additionally though for the first time ever I took a holiday in the season and missed Newcastle away. Relegation has made me fickle😉.

I have no desire to see any other football and will always watch,say, a cricket game on Sky rather than football. In fact I quite enjoyed the American footy play offs in Jan over the endless rounds of 'Super Duper Sunday' bore fest. Mmmm who thinks Chelsea and Man City won't be 1st and 2nd and one of them will win the cup as well. Also I would have to replace too many tellys if I watch Liverpool. That 30 seconds of dead air while we watch the flags go up on the Kop and 'You'll never work again'  enrages me.

Also following us this season has been great, why watch anything else?

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2017, 08:45:05 AM »
I am less bothered about other games than I used to be, although I was still happily watching Oxford Utd Vs Bolton last night (and it was a good game).

Online German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2017, 10:00:30 AM »
I sometimes go and watch Mainz 05 play, but that's really about me getting out of the house and meeting friends (and beer) I've literally no interest in the Premiership (League, whatever) or the Champions League and I can't see the games from the Championship, so no: you're not the only one! And neither am I... I'm quite releaved!

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2017, 10:27:17 AM »
Modern Villa Killed Football.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2017, 10:32:15 AM »
I am a Villa fan, not a football fan.
Is the correct answer.

I increasingly find the wankfest over PL games on the TV/wireless infuriating/hilarious...who gives a flying f**k about Chelsea v Man Utd except Chelsea/Man Utd fans? Why do the football media assume we are all besotted with contracts at Man City, Arsenal's manager or Harry Kane's knee?
I really couldn't give a shit...although I do enjoy it a tad when The Scum get beaten.

UTV!

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2017, 11:01:32 AM »
Cant stand International football. My only care is AVFC. Sometimes catch match of the day, maybe be in a pub and watch a bit of the game. Do not have Sky, got BT but never really watch the games on that.

Hate International breaks, I want my Villa back!!

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 11:09:51 AM »
I like many more only care about AVFC it's what keeps me going through bad times and good I love it when I go to the games it's the best feeling in the world when we win I'm not really bothered about any other teams it don't excite me watching other games like it does the Villa I've felt like this for years.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2017, 11:11:45 AM »
I only have an interest in the Villa.

I will however watch most football matches either on TV or my local park.

I was very annoyed one day when the train I was on got going after being stuck for about half an hour as I was enjoying watching a match on a local pitch that was near the train line. I really wanted to know the result as both teams had scored a couple of great goals.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2017, 11:25:59 AM »
I don't go out of my way to watch games unless I'm in the pub and there's one on or there's nothing else to watch on the tellybox.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2017, 11:54:08 AM »
I like watching other games occasionally, only because I hope for an upset. As soon as the upset is off the cards, then I most likely switch off.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2017, 12:00:18 PM »
Haven't had Sky for yonks, still don't miss watching other games at all. Apart from Euros and World Cup, I very rarely bother watching a game that isn't Villa, Bromsgrove or England.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2017, 12:27:18 PM »
Couldn't care less about any other team, match etc.  I'm as one eyed as many of you on here.  I'm tempted to ask the club for a 50% reduction on my season ticket price, as I only come to watch one team.  The other mob just get in the way.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2017, 12:29:56 PM »
All of football (apart from Villa) to me now is the sound of Arsenal fans having rectal prolapses because they might not make the Champions League for the first time in 20 years.

Offline Meanwood Villa

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2017, 12:34:37 PM »
Probably won't bother with game tonight but will watch on Sunday because it's a qualifier. Don't have Sky or BT, watched bits of FA Cup games on Beeb but not one all the way through, don't watch MOTD, only watch C5 highlights if we win. I do however retain an obsession with the stats side of the game and spend a lot of time studying tables etc. after the weekend's games. I also do the same for other sports without hardly watching any of the games. Maybe it's just me.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal