Heroes & Villains > Villa Memories

songs we used to sing

(1/37) > >>

trevor fisher:
now we have an international break, can anyone think up some new songs to sing? Part of the fun of going down was the songs, not that there has been much fun since O'Neill went away. But even in the last years, not much singing.

MY favourite was always - to the tune of Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance March No 1 -

We will follow the Villa, Over land and sea, (and water!)
We will follow the Villa, on to Victory

To which could be added

Higher then and higher,
through the wind and rain
We will see the Villa
Coming good again.

Not Shakespeare I know but its a wet night in March and not
much inspiration in following the Villa at the moment.

QuintonVilla:
Come on you Lions

The simple Villa *clap clap clap* Villa... that was so deafening in games like Tranmere and Atletico. So simple and loud yet we don't do it anymore.

wittonwarrior:
Without doubt the top three would have to be in no particular order

When your smiling

My eyes have seen the glory

And for a Brucey bonus - come down any old time, down to villa park

Matt Collins:
The one I really miss isn't a song. It was that long, rolling sound at the back of the holte when we were trying to break down a stubborn team, that lasted for about 20 minutes

Really built momentum

SoccerHQ:

--- Quote from: Matt Collins on March 21, 2017, 10:23:43 PM ---The one I really miss isn't a song. It was that long, rolling sound at the back of the holte when we were trying to break down a stubborn team, that lasted for about 20 minutes

Really built momentum

--- End quote ---

Do you mean the big "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" that seemed to go on forever and would pop up randomly during games.

I did wonder what was the prompt for that....was talking to a SHA mate a while back and he always remembers us doing it before they scored the first in the infamous 3-0 at the Sty in 2002.

He was asking me what it was about and I couldn't really answer him!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version