collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer madness thread  (Read 444418 times)

Offline Villatillidie25

Re: Summer transfer madness thread
« Reply #2175 on: July 24, 2017, 12:45:07 PM »
What's the collective noun? A Gaggle of Gallaghers?
An Oasis?

Obvious but top points :)

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #2176 on: July 24, 2017, 12:51:29 PM »
Wolves think they are going to sign Sam Gallagher despite us, Boro and wait for it.. the Rags interested in him.

Edit: Strange if true as he's just signed a new four year deal with Southampton.

Double edit: They want him on loan.

Clubs will do that just to ensure they maximise the price on a player.  The closer they are to the end of their contract, the lower the price.   

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #2177 on: July 24, 2017, 01:03:32 PM »
I would like it if could get Gallagher in good player.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #2178 on: July 24, 2017, 01:32:45 PM »
How are Wolves not falling foul of FFP they spent a fair bit as well last year didn't they?

They are now sponsored by the company that their owners have.

Makes you wonder why Dr Tony hasn't done that if he's so concerned by the FFP doesn't it

I'm also surprised we don't have 'Recon' on the shirt, with them pumping some money in so that we can increase our spending a little.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #2179 on: July 24, 2017, 01:37:49 PM »
How are Wolves not falling foul of FFP they spent a fair bit as well last year didn't they?

Makes you wonder why Dr Tony hasn't done that if he's so concerned by the FFP doesn't it

I'm also surprised we don't have 'Recon' on the shirt, with them pumping some money in so that we can increase our spending a little.

we do, on the back of the shirt.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #2180 on: July 24, 2017, 01:47:07 PM »

A direct link to the sponsor is frowned upon, certainly as far as getting around FFP is concerned.

But if Xia is the big hitter he is meant to be in China, Shirley one of his peers could throw him a bone on the sponsorship front whilst he puts business their way to the same value.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #2181 on: July 24, 2017, 01:49:25 PM »
I think Crouch would be the best bet up front if we could get him. Would easily play with Hogan or Kodjia, and provide an easy target man. Good feet for a big man too.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #2182 on: July 24, 2017, 01:52:18 PM »
I think Crouch would be the best bet up front if we could get him. Would easily play with Hogan or Kodjia, and provide an easy target man. Good feet for a big man too.

Has he?
I've never heard that mentioned before!
 ;)

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2183 on: July 24, 2017, 01:59:22 PM »
Hutton will do for me. I like his commitment and I think the criticism of his quality/game is over the top. At least he shows some passion and some bollocks.

He just runs head down for about forty yards before either:

a) delivering a massively overshot or underhit cross
b) passing to a defender
c) literally just runnning straight into the opposition

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #2184 on: July 24, 2017, 02:20:31 PM »

We def spent more and because of how bad we were the year of relegation we didn't have likes of  Sissoko, Wijnaldum or Townsend to bring in £60m+ which in all fairness to Rafa was invested well.

Think the outgoings will dictate any other signings for us whereas the relegated clubs will still have some £'s to wield before the window closes, hopefully their recruitment will be as bad as ours was last summer

I was shocked at Boro's largesse and expect them to do well, but just through knowing a few I know that the mackems have sod all to spend. Even though they've sold Pickford for a big fee, and shifted the likes of Borini and Mannone, their owner seems to be putting those sums towards managing the debt.

Where have Wolves found all this money from?

Wolves have very rich owners and are being used as a vehicle by Jorge Mendes to move his young players around Europe, the theory being they have a year / 18 months at Wolves then get moved on at a profit for Wolves & more importantly a profit for Mendes.  It might work but it also has a future FA inquiry written all over it.

Hopefully Sunderland are punch drunk like we were last summer & spend what cash they have stupidly....McCormack would be a start, if they fancy an Elphick, a Richards or a Bacuna it can be arranged.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #2185 on: July 24, 2017, 02:22:40 PM »

Personally I prefer the route we seem to be taking of trying to work within the regulations rather than trying to fool them. 

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2186 on: July 24, 2017, 02:54:42 PM »
When he's not been on the sauce, Liam Gallagher gets up at 5.30 for a 10 mile jog most mornings around Hampstead Heath, apparently. Gets home and eats a full box of jaffa cakes with a cup of tea before waking-up Lennon and Jude and packing them off to school /Eastie

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2187 on: July 24, 2017, 03:43:02 PM »
And then pops in the Phantom Coach in Coventry to have a pint.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2188 on: July 24, 2017, 04:24:55 PM »
And then gets his Ladybird book of nursery rhymes out for lyrical inspiration for his next collection of underwhelming tunes.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #2189 on: July 24, 2017, 04:41:28 PM »
Hutton will do for me. I like his commitment and I think the criticism of his quality/game is over the top. At least he shows some passion and some bollocks.

He just runs head down for about forty yards before either:

a) delivering a massively overshot or underhit cross
b) passing to a defender
c) literally just runnning straight into the opposition

All of that has some truth but he lifts the team and the crowd with those efforts. If we had 10 others showing a similar level of commitment then he would not stand out but unfortunately we don't, or at leat haven't had, and that is why he is appreciated.

I'd rather he just controlled the ball ans passed it to someone who can play. He's an attacking right back, who whenever he attacks, I already know the attack is five seconds away from breaking down

Well if attacking is meant to be his strength God help us because his defending isn't up to much either.  I really don't understand that he should be appreciated for effort and commitment.  That should be an absolute minimum for a footballer being paid (I won't say earning because that implies he deserves it) well over a million a year.  Plus those who think he is committed should check how committed he is to bombing back to cover when his  "forays" inevitably end in conceding possession.    It is absolutely pointless being committed if your contribution amounts to little or nothing.  As for lifting others and the crowd, well some people must be easily pleased.  He doesn't lift me when he gets the ball and ambles forward - I just inwardly groan and wait for the inevitable fuck up.  If we had 10 others showing the same level of commitment and ability we'd be relegated.  Persistently.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal