collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer madness thread  (Read 444620 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Summer Sells , Buys, Loans, Bomb Squaders
« Reply #240 on: April 19, 2017, 12:28:56 AM »
Sorry to skip past the training and attitude and fitness issues but something from that article jumped out at me.

Forest are paying a huge chunk of his £48,000-a-week wage

HOW MUCH???!!!! Bloody hell, that surely can't be right?
Yes it is a ridiculous amount of money but not surprising at all.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #241 on: April 19, 2017, 01:05:58 AM »
Sorry to skip past the training and attitude and fitness issues but something from that article jumped out at me.

I found it surprising.

Of course players who have come down with us like Gabby or Richards would be on that kind of contract but I didn't think anyone in the Championship would be paying that kind of money to new signings. Wow.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 01:08:15 AM by SheffieldVillain »

Online KRS

« Reply #242 on: April 19, 2017, 01:06:20 AM »
An obscene an amount of money being paid to someone that refuses to go to work let alone do his job properly. The day can't come soon enough when players can be sacked or have their contracts cancelled.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #243 on: April 19, 2017, 03:03:06 AM »

I found it surprising.

Of course players who have come down with us like Gabby or Richards would be on that kind of contract but I didn't think anyone in the Championship would be paying that kind of money to new signings. Wow.
He is the classic second level mercenary tart, each move has got him another signing on fee and the guilable Villa come to town and its bonanza time just as his personal life fucks up.
I guess his ex will get plenty of the dosh though and another washed up footballer will give the red tops a few Page 3 headlines.
Fuck him.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #244 on: April 24, 2017, 10:42:57 PM »
Linked with a couple of players in the last few days, Flint and Abrahams among them. Lots of players out on loan to be sorted too. Could be another busy summer for Bruce.

Online KRS

« Reply #245 on: April 24, 2017, 11:07:23 PM »
We have been shopping far too much in the Championship for my liking...we should and need to be making a few quality signings from Premier League clubs to provide a strong spine and experience in the team. It's obviously easier said than done, however there should be some players out of contract or that can't get a game at their Premier League clubs that would come to Villa.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #246 on: April 25, 2017, 06:28:06 AM »
I'm sure I heard Bruce say he was hoping for a busy summer in one of the post-match interviews yesterday.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #247 on: April 25, 2017, 10:44:23 AM »
I'm sure I heard Bruce say he was hoping for a busy summer in one of the post-match interviews yesterday.

Sounded like he was preparing for the mother of all clearouts.

Offline peter w

« Reply #248 on: April 25, 2017, 10:49:51 AM »
We need it. Get only a few more in but cut a lot of the driftwood.

Offline Nelson Lodge

« Reply #249 on: April 25, 2017, 11:04:36 AM »
The clear out this summer needs to include the U23 squad as well. Judged on their mediocre performance in the U23 Premier Division 2 and the failure of any of those out on loan in Leagues 1 & 2 to establish themselves in the first teams of the club's they are at. The exception being Niall Mason at Doncaster.

Professional Footballers are a group of employees who should be subject to "Performance Related Pay". In most other ordinary work places PRP is a crock of shit designed to keep the remuneration of the workers as low as possible. Well that's my opinion and experience.

Offline paul richard

« Reply #250 on: April 25, 2017, 11:05:13 AM »
Bruce will need to deal with all the players currently out on loan.  Gollini will continue with his loan period in Italy, but I would imagine Bruce will be looking to permanently offload Cissokho, Gil, Sanchez and McCormack if he can find any takers.  Personally I'd keep Veretout to see if he could be integrated into the current side, but I don't get the feeling this is going to happen and I imagine Bruce will do a deal with St Etienne in due course.  Given the standard of some of the recent performances I'd say he needs an entire new 1st XI, but realistically he still needs to sort out that midfield.  I thought we were making progress when Bruce shipped out Westwood and brought in Lansbury and Hourihane, but I'm underwhelmed by the latter two, and it is deeply depressing to see Bacuna and Gardner finishing the game on Sunday.  Can Bruce not see how limited these players are?  So still new bodies required in midfield to provide genuine drive and energy, plus an upgrade on the right hand side to replace Adomah, another slow, lightweight, unimaginative plodder.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #251 on: May 03, 2017, 01:24:25 AM »
John Ruddy released by Norwich.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39780816

Experienced former (briefly) international keeper, 30 years old, on a free. Might well be on the goalkeeper shortlist.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #252 on: May 03, 2017, 03:14:07 PM »
Presume for goalkeepers Bruce will first of all be trying to get Johnstone for another year on loan if he can't get him permanently.  Guess that would all be dependent on what Man Utd want, if there is a chance DeGea will be off to Real will they want Johnstone as number 2 to whoever they bring in as number 1? What we can't afford if that might be the case is to be sat around waiting if DeGea becomes the on/off saga of the summer.

If we could get Johnstone on another years loan or permanent with Ruddy as number 2 that would be great business and would allow the younger keepers like Sarkic to go out on loan to get games even if it is to the better non league clubs.

Not sure how Gollini has been doing at Atalanta?

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #253 on: May 03, 2017, 03:24:31 PM »
Gollini has been dropped and is reserve keeper now.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #254 on: May 03, 2017, 03:27:12 PM »
I say dropped, he's started twice and been on the bench 13 times.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal