collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Injuries  (Read 3881 times)

Offline aj2k77

Re: Injuries
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 01:14:19 PM »
We haven't even started the season and we are 9 down. It's happening year after year.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2017, 01:23:47 PM »
Some of the injuries have been unfortunate. You would never have thought Grealish would pick up that kind of injury and De Laet and Kodjia's are long term ones which we always knew would stretch into this season.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 06:41:36 PM »
News today is that Grealish is probably out for the rest of the year

Kodjia out for 4-6 games

This is darkening my mood

Adomah and Johnstone should be fit but I imagine adomah not fit to start

No mention of Elmo so I infer injury wasn't serious

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2017, 06:57:32 PM »
In addition to Grealsih being out for an estimated 2 to 3 months where are we with injuries ?

Johnstone missed the games in Germany and Saturday.
De Laet still getting fit but a broken bone in wrist or hand (?)
Richards, as usual.
Elphick - is he injured which could be why not transferred or featured in pre season?
Jedinak in recovery, but time estimate to be match fit?
Adomah went off injured in first pre season game and not seen since.
RHM got injured in the U23 game last Friday.

So that is 8 possibly all injured with varying degrees of severity. If we ever get down to Dr Xia's target of 20 seniors and 5 U23 for a first team squad then it will be interesting at the present rate of attrition to see how they cope.

Can cross the last one off the list, RHM is fine and scored the only goal in a friendly against Forest this afternoon.
Johnstone will be fit for the weekend.
Jedinak should be back in a couple of weeks.
Adomah Will be back for next week if not fit for Saturday.
Elphick and Richards are no loss because neither of them would be in the 18 anyway.

So De Laet out for a while as most of us expected anyway, should probably start getting involved in September/October.
Kodjia Should be back around the squad by the end of the month.
Grealish is obviously the big one, hopefully he'll be back by around Christmas but we should look at getting in an option now, even on a short loan deal until Jan.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2017, 09:08:07 PM »
There can't be any other club that gets as many downright freak injuries and occurrences as us. We get broken legs in training, top scorers collapsing with nobody near them, kidney damage, even Stan Petrov's illness was as good as unique .

Offline Damo70

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2017, 12:58:47 PM »
In our last promotion season am I right in saying we had Allan Evans, Tony Daley and Garry Thompson all injured from pre season to December/January? Plus Steve Hunt had to quit playing through injury a few games into the season. Around the same time Andy Blair had to call it a day. I don't think Alan McInally was available for the first couple of months of the season either. Also, I think Neale Cooper was still struggling from his bad injury the previous season. That takes some beating.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 01:01:12 PM by Damo70 »

Offline Diablo

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2017, 10:46:59 AM »
FFS! We may well be cursed. Wasn't Bruce supposed to be one of those "lucky" managers?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal