collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Injuries  (Read 3882 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Injuries
« on: March 15, 2017, 01:59:58 PM »
Do we have an injuries thread and if not is it a good idea to have one?  Somewhere to keep up to date on the progress of players currently out.

In particular, do we have any more news on Lansbury, Green, Hogan & Grealish?  Hopefully at least Jack will be back for Wigan?

Offline godzvilla

Re: Injuries
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 02:39:57 PM »
Apparently Andre Green will be fit for selection ( for Wigan ) , my question re Jack is .....would he get in the team, even if fit?..............Godzvilla!

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 08:35:27 PM »
Well it would be nice to have the option.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 09:35:30 AM »
Apparently Andre Green will be fit for selection ( for Wigan ) , my question re Jack is .....would he get in the team, even if fit?..............Godzvilla!

Jack is a game changer. If we ever want to aspire to be better than a bunch of cloggers grinding out 1-0's every week we need to aspire to being good enough to cover the short comings of the most talented players

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 09:59:25 AM »

Jack is a game changer. If we ever want to aspire to be better than a bunch of cloggers grinding out 1-0's every week we need to aspire to being good enough to cover the short comings of the most talented players

How many games has he changed?

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 09:59:55 AM »

We won 2-0 last week

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 11:18:15 AM »

Wigan at home springs to mind as the most recent. 

I'm very disappointed with his contribution overall this season but he has a great ability which we need to get him showing again somehow.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 01:24:01 PM »

Only the one I can think of this season and none at all last season

Maybe the problem is the "talented players" aren't good enough. The general perception at the start of the season was that Grealish, Ayew, McCormack, Kodjia would tear this division apart and we would be scoring for fun.

Someone like Adamoah is an average player but he has delivered more than the first three combined.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 02:03:19 PM »
The problem for players that pull the strings is having players on the end of the string that react.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 02:07:31 PM »

Wigan at home springs to mind as the most recent. 

I'm very disappointed with his contribution overall this season but he has a great ability which we need to get him showing again somehow.

That's the thing for me. I love his body swerves, how he can hang on to the ball, his passing etc. But he doesn't show it enough. I think Liverpool in the Semi-Final and a half against the B-Lose as well.

He just isn't (yet) the game-changer talked about. Though he could get there in time as he's only young and still learning.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2017, 12:37:12 PM »
So Gabby, RHM & Green back in training this week - but too early for all of them.

Baker & Grealish fit and back in the squad

Obviously Lansbury & Hogan played against Wigan so hopefully will be back and firing on all cylinders.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 12:45:14 PM »
And Hogan should be sharper...I thought it was a bit of a gamble putting him on the bench v Wigan, but it worked....scored a cracker and will be two weeks fitter.

Offline Nelson Lodge

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017, 11:55:46 AM »
In addition to Grealsih being out for an estimated 2 to 3 months where are we with injuries ?

Johnstone missed the games in Germany and Saturday.
De Laet still getting fit but a broken bone in wrist or hand (?)
Richards, as usual.
Elphick - is he injured which could be why not transferred or featured in pre season?
Jedinak in recovery, but time estimate to be match fit?
Adomah went off injured in first pre season game and not seen since.
RHM got injured in the U23 game last Friday.

So that is 8 possibly all injured with varying degrees of severity. If we ever get down to Dr Xia's target of 20 seniors and 5 U23 for a first team squad then it will be interesting at the present rate of attrition to see how they cope.

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2017, 11:59:21 AM »
And Kodjia most importantly !

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2017, 12:52:27 PM »
Kodjia is weeks away so should be back for the September games.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal