collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Good Karma Hospital  (Read 2320 times)

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
Good Karma Hospital
« on: March 05, 2017, 10:14:01 PM »
Quote from The Good Karma Hospital- ''You can't meet God in a Villa shirt''

Can You???

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
Re: Good Karma Hospital
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 10:46:44 PM »
My granddad was buried with a Villa scarf.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 10:48:18 PM »
I rather suspect God is a Villa fan. We invented the game, he invented us, we are currently drawing breath until Tony has us back ruling the sport.

Offline Darlo Dave

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 08:51:25 AM »
Loads have people have met Paul McGrath, while wearing a Villa shirt though.

Offline Nelson Lodge

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 11:36:45 AM »
In last night's episode the character Paul (played by Philip Jackson - known for playing Inspecotr Japp in Poirot) was wearing a retro Villa shirt of 1971-72 vintage. The one with the embroidered lion and club initials; the one before the round badge appeared. The shirt had number 8 on the back. Who was the miner 8 back then?

Apparently the character came from that hot bed of Villa support........ Stourbridge. For anyone interested in this mediocre series his wife is  "Mrs Hughes" from Downton Abbey.

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 01:08:36 PM »
In last night's episode the character Paul (played by Philip Jackson - known for playing Inspecotr Japp in Poirot) was wearing a retro Villa shirt of 1971-72 vintage. The one with the embroidered lion and club initials; the one before the round badge appeared. The shirt had number 8 on the back. Who was the miner 8 back then?

Apparently the character came from that hot bed of Villa support........ Stourbridge. For anyone interested in this mediocre series his wife is  "Mrs Hughes" from Downton Abbey.

Mediocre? It's more entertaining than watching the Villa! But then what isn't?

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 01:23:53 PM »

I think either Geoff Vowden or Willie Anderson wore number 8 back then. Although there was a skinny kid called Brian Little knocking about in those days. I don't think he played many games that season.

Offline Pete

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 01:58:03 PM »

I think either Geoff Vowden or Willie Anderson wore number 8 back then. Although there was a skinny kid called Brian Little knocking about in those days. I don't think he played many games that season.

That shirt was 1970-73. You're right, it was mostly Vowden, but also Brown, Bruce Rioch (before he switched to No 4),  Pat McMahon and, on just a few occasions, Brian Little. Willie Anderson wore 11.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal