collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kevin MacDonald  (Read 14330 times)

Offline aj2k77

Re: Kevin MacDonald
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2017, 01:44:31 PM »
Easy to spot by who though? The last few years no one has given a shit, the club has been an irrelevance to most people apart from picking up a pay packet, no one cared and the standards slipped to an appalling level. There has been no love or pride in Aston Villa.

We haven't produced many decent players during the last 10 years anyway, so on that basis he should be moved on, nevermind if he is a bullying wanker.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2017, 01:45:24 PM »
Kinda surprised he is still about, as one of Rounds' first jobs should have been to take stock of what we already had and identify problem areas.  For this to escalate this far it should have been easy to spot.

I guess it depends when this is from. I'm guessing given some of the background of changes to senior management at the club etc that this was from some time ago.

It doesn't sound good for MacDonald and if true, he needs to go.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2017, 02:32:26 PM »
He plummeted in my estimation that night at WHL.

Agreed.

..and at Southampton in the League Cup
A couple of games in charge of the most dysfunctional and poorest quality Villa team in decades shouldn't define a 10+ year career at the club.

Sounds like he's got more to be concerned about than just those horrendous team selections....

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2017, 05:26:03 PM »
Whatever the truth is out there it will cause the club massive damage with recruitment.  Youngsters will be looking at alternative clubs and news travels fast. The best thing McDonald could do is resign and I hate people losing their jobs, but the future of the villa is at stake

Offline McGraths Dry Cleaning

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2017, 05:49:30 PM »
Isn't this part of the broader issue of Villa being unprofessional, dysfunctional & out of date?

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2017, 06:03:53 PM »
Whatever the truth is out there it will cause the club massive damage with recruitment.  Youngsters will be looking at alternative clubs and news travels fast. The best thing McDonald could do is resign and I hate people losing their jobs, but the future of the villa is at stake

Exactly my thoughts. If you're a parent of the next big talent and you're talking to clubs in our bracket how off putting is all this going to be.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2017, 06:19:32 PM »
The c*** should have been sacked after spuds away

Why is he still employed?

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2017, 07:29:53 PM »
He plummeted in my estimation that night at WHL.

Agreed.

..and at Southampton in the League Cup
A couple of games in charge of the most dysfunctional and poorest quality Villa team in decades shouldn't define a 10+ year career at the club.

No, the fact he sabotaged, in my opinion, Garde's start to his Villa career.
yeah, I'm sure that was exactly what he had in mind. 

Over a thousand posts, how about giving a little dosh to the site!

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2017, 07:34:47 PM »
What a strange retort!

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2017, 07:37:16 PM »
What a strange retort!

Perhaps, it was just on my mind.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2017, 08:52:59 PM »
Not directly related but a detailed analysis of how other clubs approach youth football:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/longform_manchester_cold_war

Offline ACVilla

• GM : 16.03.2017
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2017, 10:00:35 PM »
What a strange retort!

Perhaps, it was just on my mind.
How do you know he hasn't? I've given cash before and asked not to have the golden muppet next to me.

Which has also reminded me I promised Mr Woodhall is donate again a while back and I don't think I did.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2017, 10:02:50 PM »
Isn't this part of the broader issue of Villa being unprofessional, dysfunctional & out of date?

Yes, mediocrity and more tolerated at all levels. After Lambert's mates were fired for bullying, of which the facts have never emerged?, it beggars belief that this was allowed to go unchecked until the FA got involved.

Offline kieron

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2019, 06:01:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1163858322346393600

Aston Villa can confirm that Kevin MacDonald has left his position as Head of Football Development with immediate effect.

Mr MacDonald had been reallocated to non-player facing duties pending completion of an independent investigation into allegations published in The Guardian newspaper in December 2018 about his past conduct. That investigation, carried out by barrister Jack Mitchell, has now concluded and the results delivered to the Board. As the report forms part of an employee disciplinary process, the Club is unable to provide details in public although copies of Mr Mitchell’s investigation have been provided to The FA, Premier League and statutory authorities.

Mr Mitchell appealed for individuals to come forward to give evidence and we are especially grateful to those former players who assisted him in his investigation.

Aston Villa wishes to apologise to all former players who were affected by behaviour which would not be tolerated by the Club today.

Our approach to safeguarding is now unrecognisable from the past and has been described as excellent in recent EFL and Ofsted audits.

The Club will now begin a search for his successor.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2019, 06:03:47 PM »
Nobody to blame but himself. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal