collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season tickets 17/18  (Read 28744 times)

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
Re: Season tickets 17/18
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2017, 01:34:09 PM »
I've noticed more and more this season that clubs are offering concessions to Over 60's which has been great for me as over 60 but i note that Villa won't budge from offering concessions to Over 65's.

This could be my last season as i basically struggle to afford it. Plus we're shite!!!!

60 at Edgbaston, as I qualified for a Senior Membership last season.

Snap....i bought a 3 yr deal to save me more money

Offline Jean Quereue-Quereue

• GM : 18.02.2016
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2017, 02:29:33 PM »
Interesting that they say prices will rise if we don't take up the early-bird offer.  We were promised that we'd pay the same for our seat next season if we took up the 16/17 early-bird offer - proof.  I'll renew after, and I'll be holding them to that promise.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2017, 02:56:34 PM »
Interesting that they say prices will rise if we don't take up the early-bird offer.  We were promised that we'd pay the same for our seat next season if we took up the 16/17 early-bird offer - proof.  I'll renew after, and I'll be holding them to that promise.

I've just checked and I brought mine on the 21st May so my price is fixed. I wonder if they've forgotten that they offered that deal last season?

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2017, 04:01:17 PM »
I've renewed mine and bought my daughter one the first time. Its a good deal for kids compared to last year, just £69 but if I was just an adult Id  be pretty pissed off with a price freeze that lasts for just 2 months with the threat of it going up. I can see some very Dissapointing attendances next season.

Offline curlytailavfc

• www.friendsofakitas.co.uk
  • GM : 26.02.2019
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2017, 04:13:51 PM »
im 63 this year what if i get a friend whos 66 to get me a season ticket would they know?

Offline frank black

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2017, 04:28:19 PM »
I've noticed more and more this season that clubs are offering concessions to Over 60's which has been great for me as over 60 but i note that Villa won't budge from offering concessions to Over 65's.

This could be my last season as i basically struggle to afford it. Plus we're shite!!!!

60 at Edgbaston, as I qualified for a Senior Membership last season.

These baby boomers shouldn't be getting discounts, they ate all the pies ;-)

Offline dalians umbrella

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2017, 05:02:16 PM »

I've just checked and I brought mine on the 21st May so my price is fixed. I wonder if they've forgotten that they offered that deal last season?

It wouldn't surprise me - has anyone asked the ticket office about this yet?

Also, if you think about that offer, we were told that if we bought early last year, the price would freeze for this year, but they have now been frozen for everyone so our "early-booking bonus" has been taken away from us. They should offer us something extra in return.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2017, 06:47:42 PM »
Has anyone had an email from the club about Season Tickets being on sale or did this just pop up on Pravda ?

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2017, 06:48:40 PM »
Has anyone had an email from the club about Season Tickets being on sale or did this just pop up on Pravda ?

I had one earlier today.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2017, 06:49:26 PM »
I saw it on Facebook last night.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2017, 12:29:23 PM »
I had an email about this yesterday. I've looked further into it on Pravda and it looks like we can renew our existing seats in the 'Second Renewal & Sales window' between May 8th and June 9th, but if you scroll down to the bottom of that page one of the footnotes states: "***Regardless of divisional status, prices will increase in the second sales window", so it looks like they've reneged on last season's commitment. I think I'll ring the club tomorrow and find out for sure.

Offline The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2017, 06:18:59 PM »
Regardless of divisional status - I suppose that's in case of a late run....in either direction. Cheap for Premiership, not so cheap for 3rd Division. Walsall on a Friday night anyone?

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2017, 10:04:19 PM »
Think this decision is going to massively back fire, whilst I applaud an 'early bird' it actually has to be an offer not patronising nonsense such as a price freeze. 

The fact there was no home cup game is partly because of the luck of the draw but also partly because of the utterly gutless showing at Luton, why not knock the £10-£15 for that off next years ticket? 

Just think this is a wasted opportunity, had the early bird been 10% reduction for next year with the proviso that should we get promoted next year the prices will return to this years prices for the following season would have been fair & shown a little imagination....this strikes me as complacent & taking us all for granted.

Feel more distant from our club by the week, thought we were gonna fight this mediocrity together, clearly not....

Offline sid1964

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2017, 06:58:26 AM »
I must admit to feeling disappointed with the prices for the season ticket renewals, I understand that the Dr is now ploughing millions of his own cash each month??? to keep the club going at it's current level, but I honestly thought the early bird scheme would last until at least the end of May.

It will be interesting to see how many of our current season ticket holders take up the early bird offer. I am sure that if it is a large number of supporters then Wyness and Co. will be quick enough to tell us, if the take up is not great then they may just keep it quiet.

I will wait until I see what is happening at the club before deciding whether to renew again.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2017, 07:15:32 AM »
We are paying the price for signing players on big wages when we havent got the sky money to back it up

Good luck trying to attract new st holders in june and july

Help miaow us up to mid table by paying more than you would have in the pl. The upper trinity will contain cardboard cut outs to create the illusion of a full stadium. Any spare cut outs will be utilised behind the many bars

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal