collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Noses on the payroll  (Read 13116 times)

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
Re: Noses on the payroll
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2017, 02:43:29 PM »
Captain of the Ladies 1st team is a Wolves fan.

Do we have have to burn all folk who support another team?

In this situation it obviously depends on how divs they are. Duh.

Offline peter w

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2017, 02:44:21 PM »
It does seem odd to employ him. When, I think it was Ian Taylor, either tweeted something or said something that was deemed anti-Lerner he was removed from the Villa Tour and replaced by Lee Hendrie in whatever is capacity was. This a dyed in the wool Villa fan. Now we have an openly anti Villa person being employed by the club. I believe he would still be able to his job professionally but he is going to be compromised at some point doing this job and so it was a mistake to employ him.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2017, 02:47:58 PM »
Can't see him lasting much longer now the cat's out of the bag and He'll probably be trolled out of the door. A bit daft to employ a Nose with an obvious dislike of the club in such a high profile job with supporters.
Things like this never really used to happen at Villa. It's all quite amateurish.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2017, 02:54:30 PM »
Of course it is not right, he is in a job to manage communications with and for the people he hates.
Hopefully he will get trolled out.

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2017, 02:58:01 PM »
So people want the poor bloke to lose his job.
Has he proved unable to do it? No.
Has he been caught nicking socks from the club shop? No.
Has he used his position to undermine what's left of Aston Villa FC? No!

Some people have the same obsession with BCFC as they accuse them of having with us!

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2017, 03:04:09 PM »

Some people have the same obsession with BCFC as they accuse them of having with us!

I think you're missing the point.  This is a guy who is employed as an expert in social media and yet he didn't have the sense to remove old messages from his profile slagging off the club before he accepted the role.  That comes very close to being proof that he doesn't know how to do his job or what effect his personal messages have.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2017, 03:05:44 PM »
I cannot believe we have employed a social media executive that supports the Blues. How can he sincerely interact with our fans on a level is beyond me.

This would explain why the facebook page/twitter feed often contains articles that leave us scratching our heads, cringing and almost appear like someone from Small Heath is taking the piss.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2017, 03:05:56 PM »

He claims to hate the Villa yet we've employed him. Fuck him out the door I say.
If I had publically bad mouthed my employers they wouldn't be happy either.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2017, 03:08:52 PM »

I believe this is exactly how we should hunt her down bugger it with fish forks.

you understand I have absolutely no problem with her being a dirty snivelling nose wipe.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2017, 03:14:15 PM »

Put it another way, would the RSPCA employ someone that hates animals to interact with the public on social media?
For me its gross misconduct and I want him gone.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2017, 03:23:12 PM »

Can you not see how his integrity as the person who does the club's social media might have been compromised? There's no suggestion that he can't do his job, but now everything he tweets or posts will get some kind of negative reaction from trolls. That won't exactly engage fans in the way the club intended.

It's not that he's a fan of a rival club, I'd imagine the vast majority of our employees are. The thing is, he openly hates us and wants us to lose. He broadcast this fact on social media - the very platform he's supposed to be an expert on - less than six months before joining the club. And he didn't have the sense to delete his comments. Yet he's supposed to know how Twitter works?

I don't want to see him lose his job, but sometimes your job becomes untenable because of outside factors, and I suspect the fuss surrounding this lad could make his job impossible.

The real culprits here are the club for not checking his Twitter. At the very least they could have told him: it's all very well and good that you hate us and love it when we lose, and all that, but you might want to delete your comments broadcasting it to the world.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2017, 03:26:20 PM »
just looked at his twitter account, his obviously cleaned it up, but he has left interpretable comments, when weve lost, now I say he should be sacked, as he will (now outed) never be given any licence to comment.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2017, 03:31:19 PM »
If he's the best person for the job why does which team he supports matter?

We don't apply the same logic to players, why should it apply to staff? It's just a job.

It matters not a jot what team he supports. But as recently as last summer, he has publicly stated he hates Villa and enjoys nothing more than seeing them lose. How long does anyone think they'd last in their job if they'd published derogatory comments about their employer on a worldwide platform? In fairness, if their employer had been anything like thorough and professional, they probably wouldn't have been offered the job in the first place.

To be honest, I'm more disappointed (though not surprised) in Villa than some congenitally bitter, hate-filled and obsessed knuckledragger. Half-arsed indeed.

I agree...I doubt he was the only reasonably qualified person in social media land to qualify for and apply for the job so disappointed he seems to have got it when a quick search of his twitter handle would've revealed the tweets.

Bigger issue for me is our social media is average at best.

I assume he's in charge of our twitter and youtube content. It is very mediocre compared to not just prem but many championship clubs.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2017, 03:32:03 PM »
It just doesn't sit right with me seeing our social media man posting #KRO on Twitter. I mean for fuck sake get rid!

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2017, 03:32:19 PM »
Club who doesn't do background checks in lack of background check shocker.

Whisper it, but there are some Noses who don't actually hate the Villa. I used to drag one down to Villa Park for the odd game.  A shame we couldn't find one of them, and instead employed a numpty who not only hates the club, but has told the world he hates us. Though I suppose the odds of finding one of That Lot who was rational and who could type were quite remote.

I'm intrigued if he was the 'best in class' too.  His class must have resembled a PG Tips advert.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal