collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Press-ipices  (Read 2693 times)

Offline castlefields_villan

Re: Press-ipices
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 10:38:01 AM »
Spot on as always Dave - the comparisons with 1969-70 are relevant - at least Lionel Martin, Charlie Aitken and co... always gave their all for the shirt.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 11:11:06 AM »
I was there last night. It was dreadful.I remember Southampton 1987. That was dreadful. Took my now wife to it on our second date.

30 years on and I'm still manacled to both things but my love for one is now seriously under threat.

Watching Villa's fall into decline is like witnessing a road accident. You see it coming but are powerless to stop it.

Leeds United. Portsmouth. Aston Villa...

Unless somebody who wears our shirt inspires those around him to better things then we're only going one way. Blues at home is something I'm no longer looking forward to.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2017, 11:26:14 AM »
Well summed up Dave. I thought Bruce was an ok appointment, but apart from the second half against Brighton and first half against Preston, we haven't dominated games. The team has no cohesion, no game plan, since Christmas we have gradually got worse.  Im not sure if he should go, not sure if he should stay.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2017, 10:55:37 AM »
Good read Dave.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2017, 11:04:42 AM »
I'm glad you mentioned the ref, he was fucking awful. Some of the fouls he was giving were just ridiculous.

However, until the penalty, me and my mate were discussing how the ref was so much better than the bloke on Saturday (remember, the one who wanted every throw in taken from exactly the right spot)

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2017, 02:37:34 PM »
I'm glad you mentioned the ref, he was fucking awful. Some of the fouls he was giving were just ridiculous.

However, until the penalty, me and my mate were discussing how the ref was so much better than the bloke on Saturday (remember, the one who wanted every throw in taken from exactly the right spot)

He was the exact opposite of serial homer ref Lee Mason as he gave pretty much 90% of the decisions to Barnsley. He was officious in the extreme and wanting to enjoy his moment in the sun, the jumped up little prick. His penalty decision was staggeringly incompetent.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal