collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2125402 times)

Offline robleflaneur

Re: Bruce out!!1@"*!1£$%
« Reply #20025 on: September 24, 2018, 05:35:21 PM »
S.Bruce,captain of the Titanic,said,"It takes a bit of time for the crew to get used to a new ship and the Atlantic is never easy but  I know what I'm doing and my record speaks for itself."

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #20026 on: September 24, 2018, 06:00:39 PM »
"And those people on the MRS Carpathia trying to save us are just hysterical."

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #20027 on: September 24, 2018, 06:01:33 PM »
S.Bruce,captain of the Titanic,said,"It takes a bit of time for the crew to get used to a new ship and the Atlantic is never easy but  I know what I'm doing and my record speaks for itself."

The cook is great at making coffee so he's on the bridge. The engineer is good at fixing things so he's in the kitchen. We've a great couple of guys in the entertainment crew so they will be great in port. I was disappointed my tea was a bit oily, but they'll do better next time.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #20028 on: September 24, 2018, 06:11:20 PM »
Now that they have sorted Grealish's contract maybe they can sort out the next contract that needs sorting - and working out how much compensation we have to pay.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Bruce staying
« Reply #20029 on: September 24, 2018, 07:08:54 PM »
Prediction - having looked at the fixtures, Bruce will get sacked the week after 6th October (away to Millwall)

My original prediction back in July on Bruce’s departure is edging closer

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #20030 on: September 24, 2018, 07:11:23 PM »

"I'll get us there or thereabouts!"

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #20031 on: September 24, 2018, 07:25:48 PM »

"I'll get us there or thereabouts!"
He has also assured everyone that there are definitely enough lifeboats but its only the  the intelligent passengers will that will understand.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 07:27:27 PM by The Edge »

Offline Bernie

• king of celebrity deathwatch
  • GM : 30.01.2025
« Reply #20032 on: September 24, 2018, 07:31:09 PM »
However many lives he saves some of the passengers were never going to accept him

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #20033 on: September 24, 2018, 07:35:25 PM »
All pun and much mirth, but isn't the hole in this particular metoprhic amusement the issue with the Titanic sinking as a consequence of the design? With the bulkheads sequentially flooding into the adjacent "watertight" bulkheads once full and causing the listing and rapid sinking rather than containing the flood.

So while crashing into an Iceberg isn't the best thing for a Captain to allow, it was more how the vessel was constructed.

Ergo, what you're all saying is Aston Villa is the intrinsically flawed behemoth, destined to sink regardless of who crews her. So Bruce might as well stay, for it matters not; wyrd bið ful aræd?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #20034 on: September 24, 2018, 07:36:43 PM »
Bruce was more of a Lusitania bloke. He’s finding the Championship for Cunard.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #20035 on: September 24, 2018, 07:39:46 PM »
All pun and much mirth, but isn't the hole in this particular metoprhic amusement the issue with the Titanic sinking as a consequence of the design? With the bulkheads sequentially flooding into the adjacent "watertight" bulkheads once full and causing the listing and rapid sinking rather than containing the flood.

So while crashing into an Iceberg isn't the best thing for a Captain to allow, it was more how the vessel was constructed.

Ergo, what you're all saying is Aston Villa is the intrinsically flawed behemoth, destined to sink regardless of who crews her. So Bruce might as well stay, for it matters not; wyrd bið ful aræd?

I think you’re underestimating the role hitting the iceberg played to be honest.  If it hadn’t hit the berg how the bulkheads were constructed would have been irrelevant.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #20036 on: September 24, 2018, 07:47:30 PM »
But if the design of the transverse bulkheads had been adequate, the flooding would have been contained to bulkhead one. The ship doesn't list, doesn't sink, evacuated and limps into New York denying Ghostbusters 2 a gag. Ships impact debris, especially pre-sonar.

I challenge that there are more adequate historical references than this one.

Offline mike

« Reply #20037 on: September 24, 2018, 07:54:21 PM »

I think you’re underestimating the role hitting the iceberg played to be honest.  If it hadn’t hit the berg how the bulkheads were constructed would have been irrelevant.

Yep, I don’t recall that the captain came out of it well.

Ads - google translate has that as ‘wyrd wait ugly’...

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #20038 on: September 24, 2018, 08:10:21 PM »

Bruce has been designing the ship for 2 years now.  He has left it flawed in missing significant parts and hasn't got a clue how to steer it.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #20039 on: September 24, 2018, 08:14:48 PM »
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/john-mcginn-scored-the-goal-of-the-season-and-it-still-wasnt-enough-for-aston-villa-200890

good write up

how most of us see it

Just as telling is this article about Bruce from 2011 that is linked to in the one above as  "I'm not really into tactics".

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2011/nov/30/steve-bruce-sunderland-sacked

Sound familiar?

all too ,   so we need big banners about his weight and origin

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal