collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113826 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Bruce out!
« Reply #19545 on: September 20, 2018, 01:18:22 PM »
Bruce wouldn't hack it in the PL which is why I don't see promotion as the only target.  It should be promotion with a supporting infrastructure and style that will allow us to thrive once up.  Otherwise we're back to three years ago.  I can't see Bruce providing what we need.   

spot on . Id prefer a manager now who is good enough for the Prem once we get there .

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #19546 on: September 20, 2018, 01:31:31 PM »
Like last season Bruce doesn't have a settled formation or first 11. It cost us then, he need to sort it quick.

I disagree, being flexible in shape and with the squad is fine but only if you have set patterns of play and have trained on how to use those within each formation. Creating the style has to come first and that means getting on the training ground and getting the players concentrating on movement (passing too, but passing is easier if the movement is good) and attacking cohesion. With the attack and midfield we have we should be dominating the ball and the pitch, if you're doing that then you can change things without fundamentally harming the performances.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #19547 on: September 20, 2018, 01:38:55 PM »
I'm sure Gary Monk could do a better job than Bruce. His Blues team looked solid and organised against Sheffield United last night. They should've won it. Gary Gardner looked good in the midfield as well and nearly scored the winner with a terrific free-kick hitting the post late on - how come he looks so mediocre playing for Villa? I'm afraid Bruce needs to go, or am I being "hysterical" ??

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #19548 on: September 20, 2018, 01:45:11 PM »
Shocked that he should bite back. It's not like anyone on here has ever been abusive about him.

He represents the club.

I represent my job. If I'm criticised by the public, I would be sacked for being critical of them.
Absolutely. That kind of outburst belongs in the playground. He's paid handsomely to be  professional at all times. Something else he's now failed at. He thinks he's proved the world wrong about Jedinak being a centre half because he did well against mighty Rotherham? What did he say when the better teams showed the world the exact opposite? Nothing. What a shithouse he's turned into.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #19549 on: September 20, 2018, 01:48:05 PM »
I'm sure Gary Monk could do a better job than Bruce. His Blues team looked solid and organised against Sheffield United last night. They should've won it. Gary Gardner looked good in the midfield as well and nearly scored the winner with a terrific free-kick hitting the post late on - how come he looks so mediocre playing for Villa? I'm afraid Bruce needs to go, or am I being "hysterical" ??

Small Heath have played eight league games and are one of only two teams in the Championship yet to win. They also have some expensive signings in their side (admittedly not Monk signings). I am not sure eight games without a win at Small Heath is the criteria for being the next Villa manager. Although history has twice taught us that getting Small Heath relegated is not considered a stumbling block when it comes to getting the Villa job.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #19550 on: September 20, 2018, 01:53:42 PM »

Not at all. From what I saw of them at the weekend against the Baggies they surprised me how decent they were. Fortunately they have Adams up front who was beyond useless. Almost feel sorry for Monk. Almost.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #19551 on: September 20, 2018, 02:26:09 PM »
I know it's a long way of but if he did get us promoted he would be gone by October. We would stink the league out and would be that negative in games that it would make McLeish wince. Look how Wolves have played since going up; open, attacking and brave football. They had 27 shots against Burnley and should have won by 4 or 5. We would be the opposite.
And that, in a nutshell is why he should never have been appointed in the first place. For me it’s simple and always was. Do i want Villa to be like Hull??? Did I ever watch a Bruce team match before he came here and say “ wow wish he was managing us”??? Answer is no. I personally would have sacked him when we were safe in his first season.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #19552 on: September 20, 2018, 02:49:28 PM »
I’ll be honest.
When we got rid of RDM and we looking for a new manager, I really thought Bruce would be ideal.
I thought that with the quality of the team that had been expensively assembled, he was the right man for the job.
Remember, one of the the biggest criticisms we had were that we were a disorganised rabble.
If there was one thing Bruce would bring it would be organisisation.
Which he did.
And to be perfectly fair, he has done a very good job in stabilising the club and making us pretty solid.
But, that’s as far as it goes.
We now need to move on from that and based on the last 30 games or so, nothing is going to drastically change.
Under him,  we will win a few, draw a lot and probably not  lose very many. But it will be mind dumbingly boring and pretty uninspiring.
I think the phrase ‘taken us as far as he can’ was invented specifically for where we are right now.

One thing is for sure,his style and approach to the game......he ain’t gonna change.

So if we want to move on from just being solid, I think we need to change him.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #19553 on: September 20, 2018, 05:39:20 PM »
I think everyone who has posted on these pages has said the same thing in about 20 slightly different combinations of opprobrium. That's my last riff on Bruce is shite until he goes.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #19554 on: September 20, 2018, 05:44:18 PM »
I’ll be honest.
When we got rid of RDM and we looking for a new manager, I really thought Bruce would be ideal.
I thought that with the quality of the team that had been expensively assembled, he was the right man for the job.
Remember, one of the the biggest criticisms we had were that we were a disorganised rabble.
If there was one thing Bruce would bring it would be organisisation.
Which he did.
And to be perfectly fair, he has done a very good job in stabilising the club and making us pretty solid.
But, that’s as far as it goes.
We now need to move on from that and based on the last 30 games or so, nothing is going to drastically change.
Under him,  we will win a few, draw a lot and probably not  lose very many. But it will be mind dumbingly boring and pretty uninspiring.
I think the phrase ‘taken us as far as he can’ was invented specifically for where we are right now.

One thing is for sure,his style and approach to the game......he ain’t gonna change.

So if we want to move on from just being solid, I think we need to change him.

Things didn't feel that stable this summer.  I'm not saying that's his fault, but his signings didn't help matters.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #19555 on: September 20, 2018, 06:08:45 PM »
The players we have and Bruce, playoffs.
The players we have and someone with an iota of an idea, Auto.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #19556 on: September 21, 2018, 10:51:24 AM »
At the press conference today it was noted that it's Bruce's 100th game tomorrow.

The reporter then mentioned our good record at villa park, only four losses. Bruce then said  "four losses ain't bad, in what 100 games..."

Get lost Brucey.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #19557 on: September 21, 2018, 10:56:54 AM »
At the press conference today it was noted that it's Bruce's 100th game tomorrow.

The reporter then mentioned our good record at villa park, only four losses. Bruce then said  "four losses ain't bad, in what 100 games..."

Get lost Brucey.

To be fair 4 losses in 50ish home games isn't bad.  It's the draws that have done for us.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #19558 on: September 21, 2018, 10:57:57 AM »

Get lost Brucey.

To be fair 4 losses in 50ish home games isn't bad.  It's the draws that have done for us.
He loves to rewrite history

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #19559 on: September 21, 2018, 11:09:32 AM »

Get lost Brucey.

The worrying thing is that he's such a revisionist he'll probably now convince himself that his record is 4 losses in 100 games and none of his media chums will ever pull him up on it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal