collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2132250 times)

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: Bruce out!
« Reply #19455 on: September 19, 2018, 02:48:30 PM »
The best way he can shut the dissenting voices up is to go on a seven-game winning run.

He's done it before, so I wouldn't rule it out.

But patting himself so firmly on the back after seeing off the mighty Rotherham makes him look a bit of a tit.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #19456 on: September 19, 2018, 03:08:54 PM »
Shocked that he should bite back. It's not like anyone on here has ever been abusive about him.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #19457 on: September 19, 2018, 03:30:29 PM »
“I have got four promotions, last year I nearly had a fifth. Yet I don’t know what I am doing? Unfortunately it filters through the mad few. The vast majority of supporters are right behind what we are trying to do. You can feel it in the stadium. If they wanted me out, the stadium would have erupted with it before the start. The supporters can see we had a bloody awful performance at Sheffield. Now we are sitting in sixth. I hope it shuts a few up. But I doubt it.”

He's worse than O'Leary, absolute shithouse of a bloke.

Suggested that as well last night Risso. He's a pathetic little man point scoring off minor successes at every turn. The sooner he's gone the better.

It just shows how lacking in intelligence he is.  It's not about individual victories and defeats, it's about doing enough to get us promoted, something which has proved beyond him for the last two years.  He's had a go at the fans and the local press, he shouldn't therefore be surpised when he has few friends when things go wrong.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #19458 on: September 19, 2018, 03:41:10 PM »
He probably thinks he's got nothing to lose by calling out the fans now. I mean even his most loyal and patient supporters on here seemed to have given up the ghost. If he thinks he's going to get the bullet anyway then there's no harm in pushing a narrative of unjust criticism to the press with the next gig in mind.

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #19459 on: September 19, 2018, 04:13:28 PM »
I really think this has gone past the point of no return. He's lost the great majority of the fans. He lost me ages ago.

It's too late for him. It's just timing on behalf of the owners I expect. Waiting for the appropriate replacement makes sense.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #19460 on: September 19, 2018, 04:16:52 PM »
From my perspective, and to my knowledge I haven’t been abusive towards him I just think he shouldn’t be in charge, he can give it both barrels once he puts out an organised coherent side on a regular basis and gets us promoted. Then he can rightly state he knew what he was doing and I’ll hold my hands up. At this point however I don’t really see any evidence of that. We won last night, which is obviously good, but I still saw a lack of cohesion and strategy  that will hinder us long-term.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #19461 on: September 19, 2018, 04:25:49 PM »
The club is more important than the manager, particularly this manager.
absolutely 100% this. We’ll be here long after hes’s gone and I hope that is very soon

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #19462 on: September 19, 2018, 04:26:32 PM »
I really think this has gone past the point of no return. He's lost the great majority of the fans. He lost me ages ago.

It's too late for him. It's just timing on behalf of the owners I expect. Waiting for the appropriate replacement makes sense.

I’m not sure that he’s lost the vast majority. There is a bit of an echo chamber developed on here but this is a small, unrepresentative minority. My sense is that although there are grumbles it hasn’t gone far enough for it to be a lost cause but if will not take much to tip it into outright hostility. He needs a sustained run of results, last night offered glimpses of what the team are capable of but it could go either way.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #19463 on: September 19, 2018, 04:30:02 PM »

I’m not sure that he’s lost the vast majority. There is a bit of an echo chamber developed on here but this is a small, unrepresentative minority. My sense is that although there are grumbles it hasn’t gone far enough for it to be a lost cause but if will not take much to tip it into outright hostility. He needs a sustained run of results, last night offered glimpses of what the team are capable of but it could go either way.

When the away support turns your days are usually numbered.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #19464 on: September 19, 2018, 04:47:32 PM »

I have no doubt that his days are numbered but my sense is that it is a higher number than many of you are hoping for.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #19465 on: September 19, 2018, 04:50:22 PM »
I've been a lot more patient than many on here and I still think overall he's done ok, but the recent sticky patch was the last straw for me, there have been too many. We may have a few good results again but it's inevitable that we'll keep hitting the skids. There is no evidence that we're playing significantly better overall than 18 months ago.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #19466 on: September 19, 2018, 04:55:05 PM »

I have no doubt that his days are numbered but my sense is that it is a higher number than many of you are hoping for.

I tend to agree.  If you consider that he probably has to get us promoted this season to keep his job, then he's knows he's probably gone at some point this season. It's just how long it takes really. I'm trying to be realistic here, but i can't see him getting us automatically promoted, but you could see him getting us in the play-offs. After that its a lottery again. He's just gotta keep in the play-offs places or within reach of it to keep his job really.  He will really have to put us totally out of the reckoning to get the bullet i think
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 04:56:43 PM by sickbeggar »

Offline ColinMac

• GM : 12.05.2021
« Reply #19467 on: September 19, 2018, 05:19:48 PM »
This 4 promotions thing annoys me...how many seasons in the Championship and how many of his promoted teams has he also relegated .and he has more promotions from the championship as that’s his level...he’s had more money and players at his disposal at villa than most clubs in Championship history and has failed twice and I have no confidence he can succeed now.
He should have went immediately after the play off, I understand why he didn’t as the club could not afford to pay him off..he can call the fans anything he wants, but he’s one injury to James Chester away from having his squad limitations totally exposed, it was his choice to leave the squad that vulnerable, his will succeed or fail by those choices.

From the outside I can understand why other clubs must look at Villa and wonder  what the fans want...but we have had possibly the easiest start to the season we could possibly have and got 13 points beating an appalling Hull team and squeaking wins against Wigan and Rotherham, with a single clean sheet.

If he thinks that record makes him exempt from criticism then he’s the one who’s mad, who is less intelligent, not us.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 05:22:00 PM by ColinMac »

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #19468 on: September 19, 2018, 05:33:14 PM »
Agree, ColinMac. From what I've read, it says something about him when having got Hull promoted and then walking out on them, the Hull fans were at best not bothered to see him go, whilst plenty were happy to see the back of him.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #19469 on: September 19, 2018, 05:40:44 PM »
I really think this has gone past the point of no return. He's lost the great majority of the fans

You say that, i didn't hear any Bruce Out chants last night. I did hear his name sung though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal