collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2114440 times)

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #15750 on: July 22, 2018, 05:22:51 PM »
I know it's only a rumour

but imagine Thierry Henry who's just come straight from coaching the Belgium World Cup squad working with the likes of de Bruyne and Harzard etc

turns up at bodymoor for his first glimpse of his new players and clasps eyes on Glen Whelan, Lansbury and Hogan running around like he's been chased by a wasp

as Brucie drives of in his Merc shouting 'good luck with that pal' out of the window

He coached that disgrace Witsel, so I don't see why Whelan would be an issue.

Not that there's anything in the rumour.

Probably right, but a strange time and origin of the rumour, it was before the takeover was announced and it came from Bein sports.

*** Probably the second thing I've got incorrect today.

I just looked at the Bein article from four days ago, it quoted The Daily Mail!
I think the article got lost in translation, the Mail article is actually suggesting Terry could replace Henry as assistant to Martinez

« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 05:33:04 PM by TheMalandro »

Offline Kevin Dawson

« Reply #15751 on: July 22, 2018, 05:31:34 PM »
I know it's only a rumour

but imagine Thierry Henry who's just come straight from coaching the Belgium World Cup squad working with the likes of de Bruyne and Harzard etc

turns up at bodymoor for his first glimpse of his new players and clasps eyes on Glen Whelan, Lansbury and Hogan running around like he's been chased by a wasp

as Brucie drives of in his Merc shouting 'good luck with that pal' out of the window
Chased by a wasp, :)

I can imagine him shouting, 'That's the Championship for you!'

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #15752 on: July 22, 2018, 06:13:44 PM »
Only once they are on the field its the players mainly that control those things. We're back to the QPR debacle. The only people responsible for that clusterfuck were the players.

QPR was a strange one. We’d have all picked the same side after dicking Wolves, but we don’t have access to what Bruce should have access to with all the coaches and fitness guys around the place. That team was knackered and should have been changed a bit. That’s what he gets that £100,000 a week for and why we pay to watch.

Smashing balls one foot above Hogans head to lanky Norwich centre backs was another classic Bruce tactical error. I’m not allowing myself to think about Wembley.

He should be fired

It wasn't the first time he named the same team in back to back games with very little rest. I was worried as soon as I saw the same team line-up and I doubt I'm alone there so I don't think we would have all done that at all.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #15753 on: July 22, 2018, 06:25:02 PM »
Tuesday could be an interesting interview for Steve.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #15754 on: July 22, 2018, 09:10:05 PM »
For me it's Bruce in, but I have a feeling a change is going to happen.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #15755 on: July 22, 2018, 09:15:26 PM »
for me the only way Bruce leaves is if they have someone already lined up

no way they will want to pressured into finding a new man this close to the season

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #15756 on: July 22, 2018, 09:25:37 PM »

Nope.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #15757 on: July 22, 2018, 09:28:49 PM »

Nope.

Good, I think we stick until Christmas, too late now to change Manager, unless they had someone fitting lined up already, certainly not Henry.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #15758 on: July 22, 2018, 09:57:52 PM »
If we can spend whatever the fuck we want, and totally restructure the club with a view to getting promoted AND getting in a position where we can compete near the top of the Premier League, I'd want Bruce out.

With FFP, though, I don't believe that is possible at present. So, as we are stuck with a Bruce squad, it seems sensible enough to have Bruce managing them.

On the basis we can't throw money around, I'd stick with him for the time being. If we start as badly as we did last year, get rid.

Offline mike

« Reply #15759 on: July 22, 2018, 11:22:23 PM »
Can I move back into the Bruce Out camp again now? To answer my own question, I'm guessing that FFP means we can't afford to compensate him and his staff and then pay someone good even more money.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #15760 on: July 23, 2018, 12:15:28 AM »
Getting rid of him would be the best £2m we'd ever spend.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #15761 on: July 23, 2018, 01:51:34 AM »
Not if we spend a further £x million appointing Thierry sodding Henry.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #15762 on: July 23, 2018, 06:38:51 AM »
I would happily get shot of him. But there are 2 weeks until the window closes and gaps in the squad. I would sooner spend a few million filling those holes than paying off Bruce.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #15763 on: July 23, 2018, 10:03:50 AM »
He failed to get us up, and because of that failure we’re going to lose Grealish. He also failed to integrate the kids we are now going to have to rely on, so bollocks to him. Really don't think I can stand another season of his self-pitying excuses. If he stays, it’s another opportunity missed.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #15764 on: July 23, 2018, 10:22:37 AM »
I presume the reality is we're selling Grealish for £25m ish because of FFP. If we sack Bruce that's going to leave another 6-7m hole in our finances that we simply can't cover at the moment.

I want a change myself and understand the frustration.  But I can also accept that right now may not be the right time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal