collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2114164 times)

Offline sirlordbaltimore

Re: Bruce out
« Reply #15450 on: July 13, 2018, 05:38:37 PM »
]
I have been posting on H&V since the old Manilla days, and one thing I have learned is that a poster using the term "brigade" is always full of shit. I bet you like AC/DC as well you deviated prevert.

Like em? love em!

But from one apparent shithouse to another, let's not go there.

Offline wally58

« Reply #15451 on: July 13, 2018, 06:05:48 PM »
What's wrong with AC/ DC
Proper rock n roll band.

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #15452 on: July 13, 2018, 06:54:51 PM »
I’m just starting to catch up on all things Villa after purposely avoiding it over the last couple of weeks and I came across this article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44547404

How foolish is it to declare that a player will definitely be leaving and most likely on deadline day?! Levy must be rubbing his hands together at such lousy management. The more the days go on, the further I believe that Steve is thick as shit and has done very well to get where he is.
I can’t wait for him to bring up our financial plight after every shite performance we produce this season. Awful times. Think I may shy away from such material for another two weeks.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #15453 on: July 13, 2018, 07:04:24 PM »
What's wrong with AC/ DC
Proper rock n roll band.

Andy-

Or Sir Lord Baltimore

Or Commander in Chief of the Bruce In Brigade

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #15454 on: July 13, 2018, 08:31:35 PM »
That’s a small minority though I imagine. People might not have been thrilled at his appointment, but I suspect most were prepared to give him a chance once he was in role.

Indeed. I didn't want McLeish but that was because of his mind numbingly dull football not his Blues connection. I didn't want Bruce either. Not because he managed them once donkeys years ago but because I wanted relegation to be cathartic and bring about root and branch change, where we lived within our means but set in place a style of play that would endure regardless of who was parachuted into the managers chair.

There is a difference though between "I wouldn't have appointed him" and protesting at the appointment on the steps of the Holte.

I want us to win. I want us to do well. If someone offered me getting back where we need to be but that meaning Robbie Savage had to anchor the midfield then so be it.

I really do believe some people are too quick to excuse Bruce's failings by presuming anyone that gets pissed off with him must have an ulterior motive.
spoken for me, thx.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #15455 on: July 13, 2018, 09:30:36 PM »
Some people are desperate for him to fail so they can persist with the anti Bruce thing. I know two or three who genuinely do, just so it fits their argument. It’s just how some folk go about supporting their team I guess.

I don't think anyone wants us to fail just to get Bruce out of the door, Des. In fact, him going during the season is the worst scenario of the lot because that means that either we are in such a perilous league position we are forced to sack him or he will have jacked it in because he is worried about our poor form causing problems with his brand.

Let't be honest though, there are some people on here who haven't had a good word to say about him since he walked through the door. At around the same time he joined, one person on here said 'We won't sing his name'. Another one made a comment that we shouldn't be playing Blues with a 'ex Small heath manager'. So for some, the support hasn't been there from the start which is their choice I suppose.
Football is all about opinions though clampy. Mine is now and always was that Bruce is not good enough for my Club. It’s nothing to do with him being “ex” anything it’s all about substandard football in an already substandard league. I don’t want Villa to lose any game any time and I resent that because I don’t want Bruce to manage us, I may want us to lose. I support Aston Villa not Steve Bruce

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #15456 on: July 13, 2018, 09:55:22 PM »
Some people are desperate for him to fail so they can persist with the anti Bruce thing. I know two or three who genuinely do, just so it fits their argument. It’s just how some folk go about supporting their team I guess.

I don't think anyone wants us to fail just to get Bruce out of the door, Des. In fact, him going during the season is the worst scenario of the lot because that means that either we are in such a perilous league position we are forced to sack him or he will have jacked it in because he is worried about our poor form causing problems with his brand.

Let't be honest though, there are some people on here who haven't had a good word to say about him since he walked through the door. At around the same time he joined, one person on here said 'We won't sing his name'. Another one made a comment that we shouldn't be playing Blues with a 'ex Small heath manager'. So for some, the support hasn't been there from the start which is their choice I suppose.
Football is all about opinions though clampy. Mine is now and always was that Bruce is not good enough for my Club. It’s nothing to do with him being “ex” anything it’s all about substandard football in an already substandard league. I don’t want Villa to lose any game any time and I resent that because I don’t want Bruce to manage us, I may want us to lose. I support Aston Villa not Steve Bruce
Exactly It’s not because of Blues it is the standard that they represent, he is well suited to be a blues manager he is at thier level which is somewhere below what we should expect.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #15457 on: July 13, 2018, 10:43:24 PM »
smacks massively of lazy dinosaur management and complacency and that won't get us very far very soon.

Worked fine for Warnock, and we're nowhere near as 'dinosaur' as Cardiff. Yet the myth we are grows and grows
Warnock is better at the rubbish he produces than Bruce is I’m afraid

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #15458 on: July 17, 2018, 10:04:45 PM »
smacks massively of lazy dinosaur management and complacency and that won't get us very far very soon.

Worked fine for Warnock, and we're nowhere near as 'dinosaur' as Cardiff. Yet the myth we are grows and grows

It also looked like Warnock's dinosaurs went into most games thinking they could would and should win, and went for exactly that.  Villa's dinosaurs were too often huddled on the ropes trying to play rope-a-dope and often failing.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #15459 on: July 17, 2018, 10:31:47 PM »

It also looked like Warnock's dinosaurs went into most games thinking they could would and should win, and went for exactly that.  Villa's dinosaurs were too often huddled on the ropes trying to play rope-a-dope and often failing.

The worst part about it all was that Steve honestly seemed incredulous and totally confused about how it could possibly have happened, as if he had consistently formulated intricate, nuanced game plans that his hyper-experienced and capable squad kept failing time and time again to implement. And he's largely gotten away with it because when last season's failings become a distant memory, the whole shambles will just be lumped in with the mess we currently find ourselves in, and people will ultimately excuse Bruce because of course FFP and a lack of investment in the squad were the major factors in us not getting promoted...

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #15460 on: July 18, 2018, 06:46:51 AM »
we didn't get promoted because we didn't win enough games - Bruce has many failings, but sending the side out to almost deliberately lose against OPR at home after thumping Wolves, as an example, isn't one of them.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #15461 on: July 18, 2018, 07:14:52 AM »
He didn't send us out to deliberstely lose, almost or otherwise.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #15462 on: July 18, 2018, 07:58:08 AM »
we didn't get promoted because we didn't win enough games - Bruce has many failings, but sending the side out to almost deliberately lose against OPR at home after thumping Wolves, as an example, isn't one of them.

Where on earth do you get that from? The place was buzzing after Wolves and he probably expected us to win again as I think most fans did that night. Suggesting deliberate sabotage is ridiculous.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #15463 on: July 18, 2018, 08:36:23 AM »

Where on earth do you get that from? The place was buzzing after Wolves and he probably expected us to win again as I think most fans did that night. Suggesting deliberate sabotage is ridiculous.

I can't see where anybody has said that either.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #15464 on: July 18, 2018, 08:46:01 AM »
they haven't I did. Because I can. And it's an opinion site.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal