collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2126418 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #14760 on: June 20, 2018, 09:08:28 PM »
“We’re in trouble” says the bloke on holiday that did his bit to put us way out to sea, oar broken and shoved up our arses. So then goes back to sipping his margarita.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #14761 on: June 20, 2018, 10:00:04 PM »
“We’re in trouble” says the bloke on holiday that did his bit to put us way out to sea, oar broken and shoved up our arses. So then goes back to sipping his margarita.

The guy is on a break and on a personal level, a probably much needed one. All this 'back to sipping his drink' is a bit ridiculous.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 10:02:55 PM by Clampy »

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #14762 on: June 20, 2018, 10:28:53 PM »

The guy is on a break and on a personal level, a probably much needed one. All this 'back to sipping his drink' is a bit ridiculous.

Indeed, if we're talking cocktails it would be a Caipirinha not a Margarita.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #14763 on: June 20, 2018, 11:11:04 PM »
In your desperation to defend Bruce at all costs, you haven't really thought that one through have you?

Makes complete sense to me.

We have a fine crop of youngsters right now, very few of which we’re ready to be called up to regular first team football last season.

Since then they’ve grown together as a group challenging for promotion and cups with our U23 side, with most if not all also getting a quick glimpse at first team football during last season.

By bringing loans in, which were very much needed due to us not being able to spend on transfer fees last summer, Bruce plugged the required gaps with solid pros without having long term contracts hanging around our financial necks if things didn’t go quite to plan on the pitch (which we have now seen)

We know Snodgrass only came in as Green got injured early on, and if he hadn’t then we wouldn’t have seen Snoddy.

We know Grabban only came in as we were without Kodjia and unable to buy a replacement. We also know he only came in to take the pressure off Davis, who despite coming in and doing really well initially was clearly finding it hard to keep up the form he’d started with, especially once the grumble brigade started getting on his back. Classic move by Bruce to take the pressure off him and to introduce Grabban, who knew his way around this league.

So, it’s as clear as day to me that Bruce has kept the young ones happy, hungry for more first team chances and left them to mature in meaningful U23 matches which will not only have bonded them as players and people but also given them a taste for chasing promotion and cups and given them all some great experience to take forward.

Hard to fault that but i’m 100% sure someone will of course (no guesses required)

How do you know the young players weren't ready?  What makes you the expert on this? Most of them weren't given a chance to prove themselves bar the odd appearance in the Caribou cup, so how can you be so sure?  You can't, that's the point.  Do you honestly think Sessegnon, one of Fulham's star players at 17,  would have been given a look in by Bruce?   One of the key points of the arguments against Bruce's approach, and in favour of bringing in some who can build something,  is that it gave no regard to building something for the future, it was a shit or bust approach and unfortunately it's bust, or as near as damn it.  There or thereabouts?  Thereabouts was never acceptable, that was Bruce trying to manage expectations.  It clearly worked on you, but many of us have better bullshit detectors. Thereabouts is nowhere, thereabouts is not promotion, thereabouts is financial meltdown, thereabouts is is being up shit creek, and having to rely on a bunch of players who could end up as rabbits in the headlights because Bruce failed to give them experience at first team level.  He was hired to get us promoted, he failed twice despite having all resources any manager could wish for.  There are no degrees of success here it's pass or fail.  He failed..

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #14764 on: June 20, 2018, 11:24:27 PM »
In your desperation to defend Bruce at all costs, you haven't really thought that one through have you?

Makes complete sense to me.

We have a fine crop of youngsters right now, very few of which we’re ready to be called up to regular first team football last season.

Since then they’ve grown together as a group challenging for promotion and cups with our U23 side, with most if not all also getting a quick glimpse at first team football during last season.

By bringing loans in, which were very much needed due to us not being able to spend on transfer fees last summer, Bruce plugged the required gaps with solid pros without having long term contracts hanging around our financial necks if things didn’t go quite to plan on the pitch (which we have now seen)

We know Snodgrass only came in as Green got injured early on, and if he hadn’t then we wouldn’t have seen Snoddy.

We know Grabban only came in as we were without Kodjia and unable to buy a replacement. We also know he only came in to take the pressure off Davis, who despite coming in and doing really well initially was clearly finding it hard to keep up the form he’d started with, especially once the grumble brigade started getting on his back. Classic move by Bruce to take the pressure off him and to introduce Grabban, who knew his way around this league.

So, it’s as clear as day to me that Bruce has kept the young ones happy, hungry for more first team chances and left them to mature in meaningful U23 matches which will not only have bonded them as players and people but also given them a taste for chasing promotion and cups and given them all some great experience to take forward.

Hard to fault that but i’m 100% sure someone will of course (no guesses required)

How do you know the young players weren't ready?  What makes you the expert on this? Most of them weren't given a chance to prove themselves bar the odd appearance in the Caribou cup, so how can you be so sure?  You can't, that's the point.  Do you honestly think Sessegnon, one of Fulham's star players at 17,  would have been given a look in by Bruce?   One of the key points of the arguments against Bruce's approach, and in favour of bringing in some who can build something,  is that it gave no regard to building something for the future, it was a shit or bust approach and unfortunately it's bust, or as near as damn it.  There or thereabouts?  Thereabouts was never acceptable, that was Bruce trying to manage expectations.  It clearly worked on you, but many of us have better bullshit detectors. Thereabouts is nowhere, thereabouts is not promotion, thereabouts is financial meltdown, thereabouts is is being up shit creek, and having to rely on a bunch of players who could end up as rabbits in the headlights because Bruce failed to give them experience at first team level.  He was hired to get us promoted, he failed twice despite having all resources any manager could wish for.  There are no degrees of success here it's pass or fail.  He failed..

Indeed. He's a shit Martin O'Neill.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #14765 on: June 21, 2018, 02:23:45 AM »

If he's going to take time away from his personal recovery to comment on his profession then it's fair game to criticize him if indeed he told a complete stranger "we're in trouble".

Offline Scamps180

« Reply #14766 on: June 21, 2018, 02:56:46 AM »
In my opinion the man go us back on track when it was clear to all the ship was sinking, so if you get rid now with the club rocked to its foundation with money troubles would imo be foolish, let him try and build another team for the coming season and see what comes, that’s just my opinion, and if that offends anyone then I’m sorry... I really don’t give a fuck

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #14767 on: June 21, 2018, 06:37:31 AM »
In my opinion the man go us back on track when it was clear to all the ship was sinking, so if you get rid now with the club rocked to its foundation with money troubles would imo be foolish, let him try and build another team for the coming season and see what comes, that’s just my opinion, and if that offends anyone then I’m sorry... I really don’t give a fuck

erm.. ok alex :)  Dont think anyone will be offended .

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #14768 on: June 21, 2018, 06:53:50 AM »
Indeed. He also guaranteed the play offs as a condition of his continuing employment in his first season and survived because Wyness liked him. We had far better candidates willing to come who wouldn't guarantee that.

and where does this information come from?. if he'd guaranteed that (impossible obviously) then he'd have had a clause in his contract which meant the sack if he failed no doubt, meaning the club wouldn't have to pay him off

It doesn't matter where that information came from. I am pretty sure I detailed who else was in the mix earlier in this thread. Bruce took a while to appoint because they wanted other people but they wouldn't take it with a guarantee of the play offs.

And the really irritating thing is there was a break clause but Wyness (you can blame Xia to for being persuaded if you like) decided not to activate even though he didn't get vaguely close to the one job he was brought in to do the first season and to the detriment of better candidates who would have taken it but with no guarantees in season 1.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #14769 on: June 21, 2018, 09:35:25 AM »
How do you know the young players weren't ready?

By watching them in the U23s

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #14770 on: June 21, 2018, 09:38:24 AM »
In my opinion the man go us back on track when it was clear to all the ship was sinking, so if you get rid now with the club rocked to its foundation with money troubles would imo be foolish

Yup. Can't remember the last time we had squad unity like we did last season. Not to mention all the reports of the whole atmosphere at BH being the best it's been in years. He's sorted out the bad eggs and instilled a new level of discipline in the players as well.

Not helped by idiots crowing for the likes of McCormack to be let back in the fold after his antics of course. Once he apologies fair enough. Until then why risk the group harmony for one idiot who feels rules don't apply to him?

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #14771 on: June 21, 2018, 09:39:38 AM »
Indeed. He also guaranteed the play offs as a condition of his continuing employment in his first season and survived because Wyness liked him. We had far better candidates willing to come who wouldn't guarantee that.

and where does this information come from?. if he'd guaranteed that (impossible obviously) then he'd have had a clause in his contract which meant the sack if he failed no doubt, meaning the club wouldn't have to pay him off

It doesn't matter where that information came from. I am pretty sure I detailed who else was in the mix earlier in this thread. Bruce took a while to appoint because they wanted other people but they wouldn't take it with a guarantee of the play offs.

And the really irritating thing is there was a break clause but Wyness (you can blame Xia to for being persuaded if you like) decided not to activate even though he didn't get vaguely close to the one job he was brought in to do the first season and to the detriment of better candidates who would have taken it but with no guarantees in season 1.

Sounds a bit pie in the sky to me. Not saying you're lying but without some proof it does sound unconvincing.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #14772 on: June 21, 2018, 09:43:39 AM »
All this arguing, Bruce is fucking crap, the reasons have been repeated over and over again. Dull football, workman like style, immense money spent, down shit creek without a paddle.

Should have got the bullet along with his fat ****** mate Wyness.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #14773 on: June 21, 2018, 09:45:27 AM »
All this arguing, Bruce is fucking crap, the reasons have been repeated over and over again. Dull football, workman like style, immense money spent, down shit creek without a paddle.

Should have got the bullet along with his fat c*** mate Wyness.

Stop repeating the shite then. I agree it's fucking boring. You'd think by now folks would've realised he's our manager, he will be come August so get used to it and get behind him. He's going to need it.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #14774 on: June 21, 2018, 11:09:32 AM »

Should have got the bullet along with his fat c*** mate Wyness.
I wonder what objective he will be given to fail at this next season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal