collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113585 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #14595 on: June 17, 2018, 04:53:18 PM »
can we have the mexican manager next . I love that style of footy

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #14596 on: June 17, 2018, 07:03:42 PM »

you might also need a team full of players that can play that way to go with him of course

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #14597 on: June 17, 2018, 07:13:36 PM »
So Leeds have taken Beilsa and we still have “ I don’t do tactics me” great.

Pretty much

Let’s give Leeds the trophy now shall we. Idiots
Let’s be real idiots and give Bruce an extended contract

He's on a rolling contract so we havent actually extended it.
Something to talk about on date night.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #14598 on: June 17, 2018, 07:36:05 PM »
So Leeds have taken Beilsa and we still have “ I don’t do tactics me” great.

Pretty much

Let’s give Leeds the trophy now shall we. Idiots

Sorry for having an opinion that differs, thought this was a discussion forum!!!!

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #14599 on: June 17, 2018, 10:31:47 PM »
Bruce has in a very large way contributed to the shambles. He hasn’t got us promoted in two seasons and many of the players he bought to do that are on inflated contracts. Him staying isn’t a credit to him at all. He will be incredibly fortunate to be afforded that opportunrit.
Like any manager he'll work to the budget given to him. He had a lot of damage to repair from years of in-fighting, dressing room splits, inflated ego's etc. Getting to the play off final wasn't an entirely unsuccessful season. The trouble of course was, as is increasingly evident, our owners gambled everything on going up.
I think short of a takeover where someone can put in place a sustainable long term plan and not merely shite out 100 million and say we'll be up there with Barca in a couple of years, we'll be unable to attract any manager better suited to a Championship scrap than Bruce.

In the current situation I cannot see the positive aspect of changing. And lets not forget who's going to be picking any new potential manager.

There seems to be a school of thought that, because of our financial troubles, struggling or even a relegation battle is the likely prognosis for the coming season, and that this is justification for keeping solid old safety first tactical bypass boring bastard Steve.  You may have guessed that I don't subscribe to that view, I still think we'll have a decent squad (as good as Cardiff's this season anyway) if the younger players can be brought through and we tap the full potential of others. I  think this "better keep Steve" mantra is panic merchant stuff.  I say bollocks to it, bollocks to Bruce and let's go for it with someone who knows how to coach, inspire, motivate and take the game to the opposition with a bit of tempo and bravura.   Next question no doubt will be "but who would take it on?".  We're Aston Villa for fuck's sake.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #14600 on: June 17, 2018, 10:36:26 PM »
We may be Aston Villa, the 'Man United of the Championship', but we have complete numpties selecting the Manager's.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #14601 on: June 17, 2018, 10:42:50 PM »
That's true, but law of averages says they should select a decent one sooner or later, even if picking names out of a hat.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #14602 on: June 17, 2018, 11:07:10 PM »

There was a great article about him (that I think I posted on this thread a few weeks back) coming to England as a student, doing a homestay, and climbing over the fences at Liverpool's training ground to study their tactics.

The sort of person I'd want as the manager of my club.

Here it is.

https://news.sky.com/story/how-sir-alex-ferguson-and-co-shaped-mexico-manager-juan-carlos-osorios-coaching-outlook-11376001
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 11:08:46 PM by Axl Rose »

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #14603 on: June 18, 2018, 03:53:23 AM »
There was a great article about him (that I think I posted on this thread a few weeks back) coming to England as a student, doing a homestay, and climbing over the fences at Liverpool's training ground to study their tactics.

Would seem to be the obvious choice to help McCormack, get him in !

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #14604 on: June 18, 2018, 07:12:28 AM »
Bruce has in a very large way contributed to the shambles. He hasn’t got us promoted in two seasons and many of the players he bought to do that are on inflated contracts. Him staying isn’t a credit to him at all. He will be incredibly fortunate to be afforded that opportunrit.
Like any manager he'll work to the budget given to him. He had a lot of damage to repair from years of in-fighting, dressing room splits, inflated ego's etc. Getting to the play off final wasn't an entirely unsuccessful season. The trouble of course was, as is increasingly evident, our owners gambled everything on going up.
I think short of a takeover where someone can put in place a sustainable long term plan and not merely shite out 100 million and say we'll be up there with Barca in a couple of years, we'll be unable to attract any manager better suited to a Championship scrap than Bruce.

In the current situation I cannot see the positive aspect of changing. And lets not forget who's going to be picking any new potential manager.

There seems to be a school of thought that, because of our financial troubles, struggling or even a relegation battle is the likely prognosis for the coming season, and that this is justification for keeping solid old safety first tactical bypass boring bastard Steve.  You may have guessed that I don't subscribe to that view, I still think we'll have a decent squad (as good as Cardiff's this season anyway) if the younger players can be brought through and we tap the full potential of others. I  think this "better keep Steve" mantra is panic merchant stuff.  I say bollocks to it, bollocks to Bruce and let's go for it with someone who knows how to coach, inspire, motivate and take the game to the opposition with a bit of tempo and bravura.   Next question no doubt will be "but who would take it on?".  We're Aston Villa for fuck's sake.

100% with you there. It seems as though it is in the 'too difficult' pile so we continue to kick it on down the road. Nothing is easy in life if you want to succeed.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #14605 on: June 18, 2018, 07:14:04 AM »

Ha! I hadn't thought of that. Sign him up!

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #14606 on: June 18, 2018, 08:23:15 AM »
Confused with Aintree?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #14607 on: June 18, 2018, 08:47:53 AM »

<applause>

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #14608 on: June 18, 2018, 09:06:35 AM »

It does not seem to matter what the problem is, the answer is Keep Mr Tactical Bypass.
Season blows up after a couple of months and finish no where near the play offs - Keep Steve Bruce.
Team starts season unprepared and wins one in nine - keep Steve Bruce
Poor run of results October keep Steve Bruce.
Another poor run of form December - keep Steve Bruce
Mind numbing defense first, no game time for promising youngsters- keep Steve Bruce.
Culminating in Play off Final defeat where all the cows came home to roost- keep Steve Bruce.
Club goes into Financial meltdown because we kept Steve Bruce and the answer is - keep Steve Bruce

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #14609 on: June 18, 2018, 09:09:08 AM »
By the end of the week it could be the beginning of the end. even administration will spell the end for him as we simply can't afford to keep him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal