collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2125035 times)

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #12855 on: May 26, 2018, 10:37:45 PM »
What a shame I expected these posts if we lost the playoff final I for one would give Bruce at least till Christmas. So a lot of posters want a new manager! What about Paul Lambert or even Steve McLaren or Alan Pardew I believe they are available maybe even Tim Sharewood.
I would sooner keep some continuity in the club rather than chopping & changing all the time,
Give Bruce more time especially what he has coming through with the under 23s.
I am sure the owner will have his finger on things and act when he is advised and feels the need.
Steve Bruce has unfortunately been through a lot of personal disappointment over the last two months and the last thing he needs is this type of post ready to give him the sack,
It is a little disappointing to come back from Wembley not winning for us all but less knee Jerk reactions and look at things when we have cooled down

It's the opposite of a knee-jerk reaction. Those of us not enthused with his appointment have given him a season, then another one.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #12856 on: May 26, 2018, 10:38:35 PM »
Jesus are we really seriously considering more attritional dinosaurs like Moyes and Allardyce?  Expectations really are low aren't they?

Offline ktvillan

« Reply #12857 on: May 26, 2018, 10:39:20 PM »
His job was to get promotion, he failed.

Yep, it's that simple.  He's been given a lot of slack as well.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #12858 on: May 26, 2018, 10:39:21 PM »
Bruce is the architect of his own demise. He had the weapons to win the game outright. He chose not to deploy them. This is all on him when he gets fired.

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #12859 on: May 26, 2018, 10:40:30 PM »
What a shame I expected these posts if we lost the playoff final I for one would give Bruce at least till Christmas. So a lot of posters want a new manager! What about Paul Lambert or even Steve McLaren or Alan Pardew I believe they are available maybe even Tim Sharewood.
I would sooner keep some continuity in the club rather than chopping & changing all the time,
Give Bruce more time especially what he has coming through with the under 23s.
I am sure the owner will have his finger on things and act when he is advised and feels the need.
Steve Bruce has unfortunately been through a lot of personal disappointment over the last two months and the last thing he needs is this type of post ready to give him the sack,
It is a little disappointing to come back from Wembley not winning for us all but less knee Jerk reactions and look at things when we have cooled down

Isn't it Rounds job to provide continuity? He appears to be good at continually disappointing.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 10:46:05 PM by itbrvilla »

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #12860 on: May 26, 2018, 10:41:11 PM »
Jesus are we really seriously considering more attritional dinosaurs like Moyes and Allardyce?  Expectations really are low aren't they?

I think it was more a discussion of who the powers that be may consider, rather than anyone on here.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #12861 on: May 26, 2018, 10:41:54 PM »
His remit was to promote Aston Villa, it was the only reason he was appointed, and he's failed twice. Every few months it's "give him pre-season" "give him until Xmas "give him until the end of season" and he has been and it's resulted in us being in division 2 for a 3rd consecutive season.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #12862 on: May 26, 2018, 10:43:21 PM »

I think it was more a discussion of who the powers that be may consider, rather than anyone on here.

Thats a relief because if we're talking progressive playing styles then these choices are like asking if you'd prefer to eat cat shit or dog shit.

Offline ktvillan

« Reply #12863 on: May 26, 2018, 10:44:12 PM »

Ok - let's hope the powers that be have an epiphany that stretches their vision beyond the usual suspects.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #12864 on: May 26, 2018, 10:44:58 PM »
His remit was to promote Aston Villa, it was the only reason he was appointed, and he's failed twice. Every few months it's "give him pre-season" "give him until Xmas "give him until the end of season" and he has been and it's resulted in us being in division 2 for a 3rd consecutive season.

And that’s it. The only way for this football to be acceptable was if it delivered promotion, it didn’t. Coupled with the fact the squad will have to be rebuilt anyway we need to take a new direction.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #12865 on: May 26, 2018, 10:45:30 PM »

Yep, he should've gone at the end of last season and we should've found someone who could work with the likes of Green, O'Hare, RHM, etc to improve them and build a team that they could fill in for and gain some experience.  Instead we took a 1 year gamble on experience and it backfired. He's got to go now.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #12866 on: May 26, 2018, 10:53:38 PM »

Yep, he should've gone at the end of last season and we should've found someone who could work with the likes of Green, O'Hare, RHM, etc to improve them and build a team that they could fill in for and gain some experience.  Instead we took a 1 year gamble on experience and it backfired. He's got to go now.
If after today people can not see the limitations of his management, then I am not sure what would.

Offline Jockey Randall

« Reply #12867 on: May 26, 2018, 11:03:28 PM »
I'd give Bruce another go next season. I don't see a massive amount of talent available to replace him and I think he'll get us back up eventually. Plus I think there's a good chance the Championship could be weaker next season and stability could be good for us.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #12868 on: May 26, 2018, 11:12:30 PM »
I see him as a limited manager.
Warnock got his mob up was appointed around same time If not later.

The wolves lot went modern and were intelligent in how they approached things to ultimately get promoted and again the manager I think had less time in job than Bruce.

Yes clubs are different but the resources were there, squad there and club put players in place.

What was foolhardy was the move for Elmohamady yet one recognised senior  left back.

Having Hutton Bree and de laet play right back he wasn't a priority move.

Also hearing Bruce previously in season say how he plays 4 -4-2 and then never stuck with it.

As well as his whole general tactical ineptitude in offensive play and that buying up of star championship players to make a team rather than mould a team. Also getting a manager in who expert in bringing promotion out of league.
Makes sense but naive in some ways. However ultimately the squad and team more than good enough to go up. The style of play and results overall werent.

Like many say decent guy but he's had his chances and a shift to more dynamic play and change of direction would be far better but maybe a risk for Xia.

Interesting to see what happens now with Bruce

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #12869 on: May 26, 2018, 11:27:30 PM »
What I love is the idea of getting rid of Bruce means you have to hire a Pardew, Moyes etc. No you don’t you think about planning.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal