collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2129183 times)

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #12840 on: May 26, 2018, 09:41:14 PM »
Eddie Howe.
He has worked miracles at Bournemouth, and now he needs to prove himself at a big club.
It’s a step down but make him an offer he can’t refuse.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #12841 on: May 26, 2018, 09:42:39 PM »
Eddie Howe.
He has worked miracles at Bournemouth, and now he needs to prove himself at a big club.

We can’t afford to.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #12842 on: May 26, 2018, 09:42:43 PM »
just can't see fat sam touching us. He's the goto man to keep you in the premiership and very lucrative it is as well. Moyes' reputation on the other hand is probably tarnished enough to still fancy us *runs off*

Didn't want Moyes after Sunderland. He did o.k at West Ham I thought. Wouldn't excite me though.

If we let Wyness/Round appoint again they'll go for another tried and tested face. Might be Dr Tony's turn again though for another Di Matteo appointment.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #12843 on: May 26, 2018, 09:43:44 PM »
Ah well, we're fucked.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #12844 on: May 26, 2018, 09:46:01 PM »
Eddie Howe.
I agree with this sentiment. That’s where we should have gone two years ago and definitely when RDM was sacked. No more Fat Sam/Mad Mick/Rowett picks. Let’s rebuild properly now

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #12845 on: May 26, 2018, 09:49:44 PM »
just can't see fat sam touching us. He's the goto man to keep you in the premiership and very lucrative it is as well. Moyes' reputation on the other hand is probably tarnished enough to still fancy us *runs off*

Didn't want Moyes after Sunderland. He did o.k at West Ham I thought. Wouldn't excite me though.

If we let Wyness/Round appoint again they'll go for another tried and tested face. Might be Dr Tony's turn again though for another Di Matteo appointment.

i thought he did ok at west ham as well, but yeah i wasn't surprised they didn't want him permanently. Again i wouldn't want him near us. How much of that is the "failure" tag he's acquired rather than his ability i don't know

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #12846 on: May 26, 2018, 09:51:03 PM »
Agree, today means we haven’t blagged our way back up the quick and dirty way. The only way up now is the hard way.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #12847 on: May 26, 2018, 09:52:28 PM »
It's gonna have to be a coach more than a manager, someone who can make younger players better as our funds are gonna be tight. Someone like Dean Smith or Nathan Jones.

Offline ColinMac

• GM : 12.05.2021
« Reply #12848 on: May 26, 2018, 09:53:09 PM »
Win or lose I wanted this to be Bruce’s last game in charge of Villa, either way he can leave with his head held high. He can leave with most fans best wishes now, but it’s time for a change.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #12849 on: May 26, 2018, 09:54:04 PM »
I’d just like to enjoy watching Villa play again. I watch Fulham and think, wow it must be fun to watch a team who plays with energy and style. I’ve had enough of watching us trying to grind games out.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #12850 on: May 26, 2018, 09:57:13 PM »

i thought he did ok at west ham as well, but yeah i wasn't surprised they didn't want him permanently. Again i wouldn't want him near us. How much of that is the "failure" tag he's acquired rather than his ability i don't know

He's cut from same cloth as SB. Had flair players like Aranutovic, Lanzini etc at West Ham but played same attritional style he did at Everton.

He'd be in the running though. Out of work and Steve Round was his number two at Everton and Man. United.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #12851 on: May 26, 2018, 09:58:13 PM »
I’d just like to enjoy watching Villa play again. I watch Fulham and think, wow it must be fun to watch a team who plays with energy and style. I’ve had enough of watching us trying to grind games out.

yep, that 1st half. Everything you need to know about Bruce. More concerned about the opposition than what his own side is capable of.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #12852 on: May 26, 2018, 09:59:04 PM »
That's a grim prospect

Offline Confusious says

« Reply #12853 on: May 26, 2018, 10:30:22 PM »
What a shame I expected these posts if we lost the playoff final I for one would give Bruce at least till Christmas. So a lot of posters want a new manager! What about Paul Lambert or even Steve McLaren or Alan Pardew I believe they are available maybe even Tim Sharewood.
I would sooner keep some continuity in the club rather than chopping & changing all the time,
Give Bruce more time especially what he has coming through with the under 23s.
I am sure the owner will have his finger on things and act when he is advised and feels the need.
Steve Bruce has unfortunately been through a lot of personal disappointment over the last two months and the last thing he needs is this type of post ready to give him the sack,
It is a little disappointing to come back from Wembley not winning for us all but less knee Jerk reactions and look at things when we have cooled down

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #12854 on: May 26, 2018, 10:31:50 PM »
His job was to get promotion, he failed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal