collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113868 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #7995 on: November 19, 2017, 11:28:32 AM »
The VP goalless draws in Sep against Brentford and Boro were certainly boring and tedious.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #7996 on: November 19, 2017, 11:34:50 AM »
He is doing better than last season but that's not exactly hard, and with that squad the play off places really is the bare minimum.  It's very unpredictable though, you never know what kind of performance you are going to get.  Based on past experience I certainly expected him to go heavily safety first at QPR given the injury list, but it sound as if he went for it.  It's frustrating that we can do it when we go for it but too often, for whatever reasons,  we don't.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7997 on: November 19, 2017, 11:41:33 AM »
The VP goalless draws in Sep against Brentford and Boro were certainly boring and tedious.

The wins against Norwich, Burton, Barnsley, Preston and yesterday weren't though.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #7998 on: November 19, 2017, 11:48:34 AM »
I didn't think Fulham were that great either. Brentford were better than them.

I thought the Fulham game was the best match I’ve seen at home all season. Both teams went for it, and I thought Fulham were decent.

Totally agree SH

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #7999 on: November 19, 2017, 11:52:37 AM »
He is doing better than last season but that's not exactly hard, and with that squad the play off places really is the bare minimum.  It's very unpredictable though, you never know what kind of performance you are going to get.  Based on past experience I certainly expected him to go heavily safety first at QPR given the injury list, but it sound as if he went for it.  It's frustrating that we can do it when we go for it but too often, for whatever reasons,  we don't.

I think that was true of last season but this time in the majority of games we have started with a much more positive intent. As an example we have only lost once away from home in the last 2 months winning 4 of them. There is still plenty of room for improvement but the direction of travel is encouraging.

The club have made the most of our relative size in this league and have ensured that we have a depth of squad few can match and which will hopefully give us an advantage for the long months ahead.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #8000 on: November 19, 2017, 12:05:25 PM »
When he sends the team out with the freedom to attack in numbers we look bloody good. Yesterday could have been a rout.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #8001 on: November 19, 2017, 12:46:12 PM »
We were terrorising them with the high press for a good twenty minutes second half,with wave after wave of attack it seemed.

Davis encapsulated it, with his chasing oftheir centre half back to his own goal and pinching it.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #8002 on: November 19, 2017, 12:55:30 PM »

I think that was true of last season but this time in the majority of games we have started with a much more positive intent. As an example we have only lost once away from home in the last 2 months winning 4 of them. There is still plenty of room for improvement but the direction of travel is encouraging.

The club have made the most of our relative size in this league and have ensured that we have a depth of squad few can match and which will hopefully give us an advantage for the long months ahead.

I'm not sure I'd say we've started the majority of games with positive intent, but certainly quite a few.  I guess I've been unfortunate in that the home games I've managed to witness were Brentford, Bolton, and Forest which were pretty dull, rather than Norwich and Fulham.   I'd agree the direction of travel is  more encouraging recently however it's something of a zig-zag route due to the aforementioned inconsistency of approach and performance.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #8003 on: November 19, 2017, 01:50:58 PM »
I don’t like him and probably never will, but you can’t deny he’s doing better than last season and, significantly, seems to have learned from our terrible run earlier this season.

It’s equally hard to argue against the fact that he set himself a very low bar last season.

Being positive, the fact that there is even a debate, with merit on both sides, about how attacking we are is progress.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #8004 on: November 19, 2017, 02:20:49 PM »
I like him and think he's doing a good job we just need to keep on playing like we did yesterday.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #8005 on: November 19, 2017, 04:22:33 PM »
Nine points from the next three, including [At least we're not] Leeds and I'll start thawing out my frosty attitude towards him.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #8006 on: November 19, 2017, 05:02:45 PM »
I'm with BE, so long as he looks like he stands a chance of meeting the target of promotion then he's doing ok but he made the job hard for himself with a shitty start to the season that was a hangover from the shitty end to last season.  I think we still let ourselves drop deep too easily but what he has recognised is that he can let us attack for longer periods and it dos mean we've seen a couple of performances that are what we should expect.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #8007 on: November 19, 2017, 05:59:24 PM »
I don’t like him and probably never will, but you can’t deny he’s doing better than last season and, significantly, seems to have learned from our terrible run earlier this season.

It’s equally hard to argue against the fact that he set himself a very low bar last season.

Being positive, the fact that there is even a debate, with merit on both sides, about how attacking we are is progress.

agree with all this

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #8008 on: November 19, 2017, 06:03:55 PM »
Nine points from the next three, including [At least we're not] Leeds and I'll start thawing out my frosty attitude towards him.
Yes but.... it would be nice to see Bruce power through now and yield the kind of performances that will deliver automatic promotion however I am not sure he is capable of that level. Mess up against Wednesday showed that but let’s see.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #8009 on: November 19, 2017, 06:19:10 PM »
Yes but.... it would be nice to see Bruce power through now and yield the kind of performances that will deliver automatic promotion however I am not sure he is capable of that level. Mess up against Wednesday showed that but let’s see.
The fact that we put in such a good performance after the disappointment of the Wednesday game is a real positive forme

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal