collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 01:05:47 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 12:56:46 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2114973 times)

Offline pbavfckuwait

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #7965 on: November 18, 2017, 07:15:17 AM »
So poor old Stevie is working with restrictions, 20+ million on a pair of forwards who are able to treble their goals by the amount they weigh and still only come up with 4, players he has bought that will only realise a loss when it comes to selling them on, a style of play that we know will mean parking the bus at Mighty QPR, how are expectations have been managed to accept this is totally mind blowing, I reckon Lerner left behind his CIA mind control people at Villa Park.
If it is found out and yes it is only a statement from someone who is as reliable as POTUS, that he has been in contact with the kit stealer's, I would have his arse out of Villa Park quicker than he can share a kebab with Gabby.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #7966 on: November 18, 2017, 07:43:32 AM »
i have a very heavy cold and feel like shit so [lease excuse me but who is the other forward? He signed Hogan but I can't think of another one??

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #7967 on: November 18, 2017, 08:18:04 AM »
Sorry Mr. U , I gave him credit for Fat Mac as well.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #7968 on: November 18, 2017, 12:33:44 PM »
Sorry anti-Bruce people but we are in still in the play-off places which is the min of where we should be.  The Championship is wide open this season so there's no reason why Villa can't go up top two.  For the time being his job is safe and that's the way it should be.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #7969 on: November 18, 2017, 05:29:48 PM »
Credit where credits due. Wasn't timid today despite the injuries. Could have played for a draw but didn't. More of that and he'll get the likes of me off his back

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7970 on: November 18, 2017, 06:01:30 PM »
Sorry anti-Bruce people but we are in still in the play-off places which is the min of where we should be.  The Championship is wide open this season so there's no reason why Villa can't go up top two.  For the time being his job is safe and that's the way it should be.

Being anti Bruce is not the issue, it's whether he's up to the task. At times, he's been seriously pants.

As above, long may the positive results continue. If we could find some lasting consistency and a fully fit squad, we may hold on to a play off spot. I would be surprised if it got any better than that.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #7971 on: November 18, 2017, 09:16:03 PM »
It’s almost as if replacing the entire squad twice in two years means it has taken a while to establish partnerships across the pitch

Considering the injuries to Jedinak, Kodjia and grealish this year, it’s clearly a big improvement on last year, albeit with faults still

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #7972 on: November 18, 2017, 10:45:33 PM »

I am not a Bruce fan, but had a great day today. He is doing the minimum, let’s see where it leads, personally don’t think it will be top 2, but please prove me wrong UTV

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #7973 on: November 18, 2017, 10:56:56 PM »
Onomoah looks absolute quality, he wont be playing in the second tier next season anyway, a great find by Bruce.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #7974 on: November 18, 2017, 11:32:53 PM »
I'm no Bruce adherent and tend to think of our successes as more a case of how much quality we have rather than tactical brilliance, but he's clearly doing more right this season than last. If we're within striking distance of automatic promotion after Terry and Kodjia are back you might just have to admit he's doing the job well.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #7975 on: November 19, 2017, 02:48:03 AM »
The last two away games we've looked like the big kid in the play ground sitting the smaller kids on their arse, while threatening to dole out and almighty battering should they be foolish enough to get back up.

We've looked bigger, meaner, fitter and more ruthless.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #7976 on: November 19, 2017, 03:02:02 AM »
The last two away games we've looked like the big kid in the play ground sitting the smaller kids on their arse, while threatening to dole out and almighty battering should they be foolish enough to get back up.

We've looked bigger, meaner, fitter and more ruthless.

They have been very good performances. Sheff Wed was disappointing not just in terms of the defeat but because collectively we couldn’t recover from the shock of going a goal behind so quickly. It blew up the gameplan. I still believe that had we not conceded when we did we would have won that game because we would have been the better side over 90 min. And that’s what makes today’s win all the better because this time we recovered from an early setback to completely dominate and win the game.

Offline jeowje

« Reply #7977 on: November 19, 2017, 04:06:23 AM »
I find it strange that the main thrust of the criticism of Bruce seems to centre around a perception that his teams are boring and negative, yet we have produced many good, dominating attacking performances, and most of the best have come away from home, where you would expect to see most evidence of this ‘safety first’ football.

There can be little doubt that we have steadily improved since last season, and are on a continual upward curve. Should we fail to achieve promotion this season Bruce will be gone, yet the prospect of us going backwards again under a new manager would seem just as realistic as anything else. We have no divine right to promotion, and I think we are doing as well as one might have realistically  hoped, although the form of the top three means that there is little margin for error with the gap to be made up.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #7978 on: November 19, 2017, 05:07:23 AM »
His Villa team has in the main been boring and negative.
His approach is usually safety first.
With the resources he should be more positive, the team was today and dominated as they should be doing more times than they have.
Realistically we should be in the top 2 places or very neat again based on resources.
It was a good win and now we need a lot more as we are playing catch up.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #7979 on: November 19, 2017, 08:02:16 AM »
I just wish he’d have some faith in youth

Apart from playing a 23 year old in goal and two 19 year olds up front

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal