collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2114451 times)

Offline Clark W Griswold

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #7710 on: November 05, 2017, 03:55:32 PM »
You know though, when you just get a gut feeling that the team just simply doesn't look good enough and isn't playing well enough for promotion. That's us. I fear that any length of time without the trio of Terry, Jedinak and Kodjia and we'll look distinctly mid table, and if you take Johnstone and Chester out of it too and we're a bottom half championship team. I know it's ifs and buts but we basically are without Terry for a while and do not underestimate the loss there, especially as others have pointed out that we have poor looking replacement centre backs. Kodjia is out again and has not really got going this season yet, and Jedinak is still only easing his way back in. We have had rotten luck with injuries in fairness to Bruce, although i know there is more to it than just that.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #7711 on: November 05, 2017, 04:03:04 PM »
Bruce trotted out his standard clichés yesterday.  Chief amongst them was his old favourite "it's one of those horrible afternoons" as if it's a random occurrence that he played no part in and had no ability to affect.  Even if we do somehow manage to hang on to a play off spot over the rest of the season, I just cannot see Bruce getting this Villa side to win the play offs.

2 losses in 12 would suggest it is a random occurrence

2 losses in 12 is true, as is 2 in 5 or 4 in 16, the latter 2 don't make you're point as nicely though.

The stat that really matters is points per game.  We started the season needing, roughly, 2 points per game to give us a season total of 90-92, which would be enough for promotion most seasons.  After 16 games we've got 1.6 - it's not terrible but it's a pretty long way short.  More importantly it means we now need 2.1-2.2 points per game from here to get over 90 points.  To put that in context we need 5 wins in every 7 games for the rest of the season to get top 2.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #7712 on: November 05, 2017, 04:03:06 PM »
You get that guy feeling when we brushed Preston aside?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #7713 on: November 05, 2017, 04:15:04 PM »
What sort of monumental idiot starts a player suffering from broken ribs?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #7714 on: November 05, 2017, 04:17:33 PM »

Pretty apt to have a Guy feeling today.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #7715 on: November 05, 2017, 04:18:57 PM »

Preston, without most of their defenders and without a win in 8 you mean? They are awful at the moment. A great team to play for anyone needing an ego boost.

No. I think he's talking more about the likes of Wolves and Sheffield Wednesday.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #7716 on: November 05, 2017, 04:22:11 PM »
in fairness to Bruce both Hull and certainly Blues were not great and rubbish to watch but he got them both up twice

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #7717 on: November 05, 2017, 04:26:44 PM »

Pretty apt to have a Guy feeling today.

Ha bloody S6.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7718 on: November 05, 2017, 04:35:47 PM »

You have to blame the player as well. It's not as if he's said 'Broken rib? No excuse you're playing'. I'm sure there was some discussion between player, training staff and manager. It's an monumental unfair post to be honest.

Offline Risso

« Reply #7719 on: November 05, 2017, 04:40:43 PM »

You have to blame the player as well. It's not as if he's said 'Broken rib? No excuse you're playing'. I'm sure there was some discussion between player, training staff and manager. It's an monumental unfair post to be honest.

The buck stops with the person in charge. It’s no such thing.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #7720 on: November 05, 2017, 04:51:45 PM »
Due to the complete lack of any sort of game plan and the  inability to adapt during a game, then we will only beat the poor teams.  Therefore plays offs at best.    So despite Preston I am still firmly in the out out out camp.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #7721 on: November 05, 2017, 04:52:55 PM »
in fairness to Bruce both Hull and certainly Blues were not great and rubbish to watch but he got them both up twice

The championship has move on since then.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #7722 on: November 05, 2017, 04:54:27 PM »
Whether you are pro-Bruce or anti-Bruce there are hundreds of stats you can use to support your argument which is why it is such a great game of opinion :-)

My personal opinion is that he hasn’t got enough about him to get us to the top 2 this season, be very happy to be proved wrong but at this point in time there is no way he can be sacked on the back of recent results.

Where he really worries me is that in my view he just does not react quick enough to what is going on in front of him, yesterday being a case in point where it seemed for practically the whole game the brains trust of Bruce, Calderwood & Clemence were in conference and seemed to come up with a sequence of players to play wide right & then alamo with Samba.

Would love to get to May & be hailing Bruce getting us up but I still harbour huge concerns that the only way that happens is a trip to Wembley & the lottery that is.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7723 on: November 05, 2017, 04:54:47 PM »

Well I think it is.

Offline Risso

« Reply #7724 on: November 05, 2017, 05:10:41 PM »

Well I think it is.

Yes, we know, your opinion is just as valid as yada yada yada.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal