collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113461 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #7560 on: November 01, 2017, 11:15:18 PM »
It's such a fine line with SB.

Results like tonight though and he'll be here for rest of the season. Since the horror show first 3 games we've actually been pretty good in most games since bar the terrible Brentford and Wolves performances. Most of the others we've actually scored a fair few goals and looked decent in.

Given the squad though and he's been here a year that's what I expected so now he must deliver top 2.

Offline MONCABA

« Reply #7561 on: November 01, 2017, 11:16:58 PM »
When are we going to change the title of this thread?

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #7562 on: November 01, 2017, 11:17:22 PM »
I think Bruce is performing below what is acceptable, however he hasn't spent that much. Most of the money was spent under RDM so blaming Bruce for an expensive squad is a tad harsh.

I think the point for me is while yes Hogan aside he hasn't spend the money RDM has on individuals he still inherited the likes of Kodjia and Chester. Really good players who any other team in this division would want playing for them.

The squad is clicking now and it is top 2 for sure in ability at this level. Only mentality will hold us back not lack of ability.

Online cdward

« Reply #7563 on: November 01, 2017, 11:23:29 PM »
I've altered the last 2 options. As always, if you want to change your vote you can click on "remove vote" and then vote again.
You're  a tough task master, until Christmas or the end of the year, that's only one week!

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #7564 on: November 01, 2017, 11:26:01 PM »
Tonight is what he should've been delivering for the last 9-10 months.  We went away and we tried to win from the start and kept the pressure up after we took the lead.  This thread wouldn't exist if he approached every game like this.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #7565 on: November 01, 2017, 11:49:21 PM »

We're probably not. There's a perfectly good Steve Bruce thread already which people can post on if they'd prefer.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #7566 on: November 01, 2017, 11:53:02 PM »
I've altered the last 2 options. As always, if you want to change your vote you can click on "remove vote" and then vote again.
You're  a tough task master, until Christmas or the end of the year, that's only one week!

Bugger, that was meant to be end of the season.

I'm watching you Brucie, you're currently a spud-I-like, but it's one week at a time.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #7567 on: November 02, 2017, 10:51:59 AM »
Tonight is what he should've been delivering for the last 9-10 months.  We went away and we tried to win from the start and kept the pressure up after we took the lead.  This thread wouldn't exist if he approached every game like this.

Whilst I give Bruce and the players a lot of credit for last night, this is very true.  It's frustrating to see occasionally what we are capable of (Norwich, Fulham, Preston) when Bruce takes off his nega shades, only to invariably revert to type.

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #7568 on: November 02, 2017, 10:57:24 AM »
I've changed my position to giving him the season, but feel that he should be replaced at the end of the season come what may. I'd have no faith in him being able to compete in the top tier and I'd hope we'd look for a more modern coach at that stage.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #7569 on: November 02, 2017, 11:30:31 AM »
I can see us picking up plenty of points in our next four games.

Leeds away will be the next acid test. Live on TV, away to a big crowd but Leeds are no great shakes atm so we really should go there to win.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #7570 on: November 02, 2017, 11:33:54 AM »
Now on Talksport.

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #7571 on: November 02, 2017, 11:36:25 AM »

When he's gone.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #7572 on: November 02, 2017, 12:42:29 PM »
I've changed my position to giving him the season, but feel that he should be replaced at the end of the season come what may. I'd have no faith in him being able to compete in the top tier and I'd hope we'd look for a more modern coach at that stage.

I think given his record in the PL it’s almost guaranteed he won’t last a full season at that level. We should be looking to do what Southampton did when they (surprisingly at the time) fired Adkins and got in Pochettino. Turned out to be a brilliant move and pushed them on to become a very solid PL side.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #7573 on: November 02, 2017, 01:54:41 PM »

I think given his record in the PL it’s almost guaranteed he won’t last a full season at that level. We should be looking to do what Southampton did when they (surprisingly at the time) fired Adkins and got in Pochettino. Turned out to be a brilliant move and pushed them on to become a very solid PL side.
It's surprising the similarities between Steve Bruce and Pochettino.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #7574 on: November 02, 2017, 02:11:34 PM »

It's surprising the similarities between Steve Bruce and Pochettino.
Yes they can both order a round of drinks in Spanish.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal