collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by VillaTim
[Today at 12:20:12 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:01:31 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113242 times)

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #7410 on: October 29, 2017, 03:56:49 PM »
That's Blose, the 4th biggest spenders in the division this season?
And how much does that compare to what our team cost?

We spent £2.5m this summer.

With three good loans that could quite easily cost £20m plus if we had bought them.
Eh ??

He's pointing out that Onomah, Johnstone and Snodgrass aren't exactly freebies, even if they don't appear with a big number next to their name on a list of transfers.
Thanks. Don't think it will come to 20 million for a years loan though for those three

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #7411 on: October 29, 2017, 04:03:16 PM »
Oh yeh forgot with the lack of resources at Bruce’s disposal we can’t expect to beat the Mighty Wolves or Blues apparently.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #7412 on: October 29, 2017, 04:05:30 PM »
What are you talking About? Have a day off.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #7413 on: October 29, 2017, 04:07:16 PM »
What are you talking About? Have a day off.

It’s Sunday thanks.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #7414 on: October 29, 2017, 04:08:09 PM »
It would be wrong to say 'he deserves to get sacked', but I don't see how anyone could compare us with Wolves' turnaround and conclude that he's exactly maximising our potential.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #7415 on: October 29, 2017, 04:11:08 PM »
It would be wrong to say 'he deserves to get sacked', but I don't see how anyone could compare us with Wolves' turnaround and conclude that he's exactly maximising our potential.

Nobody's saying he is.

Online Monty

« Reply #7416 on: October 29, 2017, 04:14:06 PM »

Nobody's saying he is.

Okay, do we think the job he's doing is adequate?

Nobody's saying he is.

OK, do we think the job he's doing is adequate? Again, not saying 'sack him', but I don't think it is.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #7417 on: October 29, 2017, 04:16:03 PM »
I think he's doing adequate. Nowhere near as well as he should be, but just about acceptable.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #7418 on: October 29, 2017, 04:16:44 PM »
You have no divine right to anything. It was a derby and traditional we're poor here regardless of the result.

A point at the Sty isn't a bad result. We're in the top 6 and have some key games coming up.

Agree and on the face of it, a point is a decent result.  What concerns me a big though is that he doesn't seem to learn from mistakes.  Kodjia got bullied there last year and clearly didn't really fancy the physical challenge, so Bruce plays him up front on his own again this year.  We have been taken apart playing a two man midfield featuring Whelan in the tougher games this season and it looked like it was going to happen again until Jedinak came on and we went to a three in there. 

As someone I was standing next to in the pub commented, he still hasn't really found a really settled side or way of playing yet.

Online Monty

« Reply #7419 on: October 29, 2017, 04:21:29 PM »
I think he's doing adequate. Nowhere near as well as he should be, but just about acceptable.

Fair enough, I disagree. The results are just about acceptable, but the playing style doesn't give me much confidence that the foundations of that good run were especially firm. It all looks a bit haphazard and precarious.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #7420 on: October 29, 2017, 04:23:21 PM »
You have no divine right to anything. It was a derby and traditional we're poor here regardless of the result.

A point at the Sty isn't a bad result. We're in the top 6 and have some key games coming up.

Agree and on the face of it, a point is a decent result.  What concerns me a big though is that he doesn't seem to learn from mistakes.  Kodjia got bullied there last year and clearly didn't really fancy the physical challenge, so Bruce plays him up front on his own again this year.  We have been taken apart playing a two man midfield featuring Whelan in the tougher games this season and it looked like it was going to happen again until Jedinak came on and we went to a three in there. 

As someone I was standing next to in the pub commented, he still hasn't really found a really settled side or way of playing yet.
or the ability to change it when it’s not working.

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #7421 on: October 29, 2017, 04:24:35 PM »

That's my view as well.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #7422 on: October 29, 2017, 04:26:43 PM »
Imagine his tactics if he managed us in the prem, I honestly think he'd instruct all outfield players not to cross the halfway line if we played Man. City (drawing them in the FA cup would be amusing).

I've been mostly consistent in my view on SB. Keep him in the championship as he picks up points regularly at this level but we need to let him go even if he secures promotion.

Ok, his tactics aren't dissimilar to Mourinho. Defence first. Safety first. DO what you need to do.

See the game v Liverpool at Anfield, where they parked the bus, knowing that over the course of a season a draw is a good result. In the same way that a draw away at our local rivals is a satisfactory result. Why chase it and risk losing?

If we had I can imagine the calls for him to go would be even louder.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #7423 on: October 29, 2017, 04:28:46 PM »
Not a fan of SB. But unless we have a collapse in the next few months he will here for the rest of the season. If we dont go up, he will be gone.

In fairness, today it isnt his fault that some of the players can't pass10 yards to a team mate, Kodija wont pass and Onamah continually commits needless fouls

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #7424 on: October 29, 2017, 04:32:30 PM »
Too many times you see the opposition set up better than us which nullify the extra quality we have.
Today was a case in point as was Wolves.
Then he either does not react or reacts too late.
Couple this with his negative defend first attitude,  and you have a talented squad under performing.
We should be in the Top 2 places in this league and the reason we ar3 not is down to Bruce.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal