collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113823 times)

Offline Villa75

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #7365 on: October 22, 2017, 05:39:08 PM »
It's best sometimes not to engage with idiocy. You'll be thankful in the long run.

VillaAlways isn't that bad. We're only having some friendly banter.

No he's not, i was talking about the idiot he was talking to.

I think VillaAlways might be female, going by the Tenna comments.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #7366 on: October 22, 2017, 05:42:10 PM »
I hope we build on the improving points gathering.  I voted to give Bruce a little bit more time and he has scrambled effectively.  I still think he was the wrong choice of manager but, like others, after McLeish, Lambert, Sherwood, Garde, Black, K Mac and RDM I was suffering from moaning about managers fatigue and decided to let Bruce do whatever he was going to do.  I now would like to see Bruce improve as the team improves.  Perhaps he is better than the thud and blunder escapee from the Championship reputation that goes before him. Perhaps there is a good Premiership manager in Steve Bruce.  To find out would be nice.

From what we have seen he’s an analogue manager in a digital world.

That's got the makings of a new chant, to the theme of Madonna, Material Girl...

Offline Diablo

« Reply #7367 on: October 22, 2017, 06:07:09 PM »
I hope we build on the improving points gathering.  I voted to give Bruce a little bit more time and he has scrambled effectively.  I still think he was the wrong choice of manager but, like others, after McLeish, Lambert, Sherwood, Garde, Black, K Mac and RDM I was suffering from moaning about managers fatigue and decided to let Bruce do whatever he was going to do.  I now would like to see Bruce improve as the team improves.  Perhaps he is better than the thud and blunder escapee from the Championship reputation that goes before him. Perhaps there is a good Premiership manager in Steve Bruce.  To find out would be nice.

Analogue is considered by many to be better sounding and superior than digital in a musical (and music production) environment. Sweeter, richer sound and all that.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #7368 on: October 22, 2017, 06:20:00 PM »
It's best sometimes not to engage with idiocy. You'll be thankful in the long run.

VillaAlways isn't that bad. We're only having some friendly banter.

No he's not, i was talking about the idiot he was talking to.

Can I suggest that you cut that out now please?

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #7369 on: October 22, 2017, 06:23:45 PM »

Analogue is considered by many to be better sounding and superior than digital in a musical (and music production) environment. Sweeter, richer sound and all that.

I think that is a myth perpetuated by companies who want people to spend £25 on a vinyl LP and £2000 on a valve amplifier

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #7370 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:56 PM »

I think that is a myth perpetuated by companies who want people to spend £25 on a vinyl LP and £2000 on a valve amplifier

Lol.

They do clip downloaded music files though. They are technically inferior.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #7371 on: October 22, 2017, 07:49:21 PM »
I was pleased with Bruce's appointment and have backed him consistently and never called for his head even when obviously I have wavered and had doubts. I suppose the lack of being able to come up with any decent options played a part in my thinking. He could well be the man to take us up and keep us up but let's face it, it 'aint ever going to be pretty. It comes to something when even noses complain about the style of football even when he kept them up and beat the Villa a few times.

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7372 on: October 22, 2017, 07:52:38 PM »

depends if you like compression and a lack of 'dirt'. I still prefer analogue but digital gets closer every day and some things sound better.  Bruce is more of a reel-to-reel than a Leek Audio.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #7373 on: October 22, 2017, 08:06:40 PM »

depends if you like compression and a lack of 'dirt'. I still prefer analogue but digital gets closer every day and some things sound better.  Bruce is more of a reel-to-reel than a Leek Audio.

Bruce is more a barrel organ. It serves the most basic of functions but it's bloody repetitively boring and stupidly out of date. Once in a while it will play a tune that has the nostalgia flooding back.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #7374 on: October 22, 2017, 08:06:59 PM »
Many of my favourite electronic artists swear vinyl is superior and the best way to enjoy the richness of music. I cant really tell the difference myself. But I am willing to take their word for it and accept they have a better ear than me.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #7375 on: October 22, 2017, 08:07:08 PM »

That's got the makings of a new chant, to the theme of Madonna, Material Girl...

"'Cos we are living
In a digital world
But Brucie is an anologue boss..."

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #7376 on: October 22, 2017, 08:38:30 PM »
"'Cos we are living
In a digital world
But Brucie is an anologue boss..."

Excellent.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #7377 on: October 22, 2017, 08:55:30 PM »
Reggae always sounds far better on vinyl than any other format.

With 38% possession and a goal from number 26 I make that a 2-1 victory to Fulham.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #7378 on: October 22, 2017, 09:16:18 PM »

Bruce is more a barrel organ. It serves the most basic of functions but it's bloody repetitively boring and stupidly out of date. Once in a while it will play a tune that has the nostalgia flooding back.
Bad!!!

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #7379 on: October 22, 2017, 09:28:01 PM »
Hold on!? We've been promoted??

If he gets us promoted he has succeeded. If he doesn't he's failed. It's as clear cut as that.

And he is going to be in the job while the prospect of promotion remains. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal