collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113355 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #7200 on: October 15, 2017, 06:26:07 PM »
Strangely enough yes, I do get excited by four straight wins. I guess my standards just aren't high enough.

Possibly. Not necessarily your fault though.

Most of us are accepting of things we wouldn't have accepted years ago. More than that in fact. Some actually defend things like a comprehensive defeat to local rivals.

Four wins on the trott though in the 2nd division, eh? The things dreams are made of. Perhaps it will happen again next season?

Thank you for that. Perhaps you can give lessons to the rest of us mere mortals on raising our standards.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7201 on: October 15, 2017, 06:27:53 PM »
Strangely enough yes, I do get excited by four straight wins. I guess my standards just aren't high enough.

Most of us are accepting of things we wouldn't have accepted years ago. More than that in fact. Some actually defend things like a comprehensive defeat to local rivals.

Four wins on the trott though in the 2nd division, eh? The things dreams are made of. Perhaps it will happen again next season?

Possibly the most patronising post i've read on here.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #7202 on: October 15, 2017, 06:31:27 PM »

Thank you for that. Perhaps you can give lessons to the rest of us mere mortals on raising our standards.

Apologies.

I thought your original comment was an honest statement. I didn't read it as sarcasm.

No point in me giving lessons on here though. Reading between the lines, most of us way too old to change. 😉

Offline Clampy

« Reply #7203 on: October 15, 2017, 06:32:07 PM »

Being told to enjoy and not what to enjoy. Lovely isn't it?

Offline Villa75

« Reply #7204 on: October 15, 2017, 06:37:50 PM »

That's quite ironic. As I'm supposed to put the bunting out for 4 wins on the bounce, in the 2nd division.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #7205 on: October 15, 2017, 06:40:21 PM »

Possibly the most patronising post i've read on here.

Patronising is the way of things on here but a lot of people don't see it when it's from them or someone they agree with.

That said, part of what he's saying is true here.  Look at the number of posts saying that Wolves were too good and we won't play teams like that every week, like it or not, agree or not, that's an excuse that lets standards slip.  We should never accept defeats in this league, after a game like that everyone should be angry and te coaches should be stoking that and trying to redirect it into a big performance against Fulham.  That's where the "worst performance since I've been here" followed by a drab 0-0 is a problem.  We want to get promoted and that doesn't happen if you write off points away from home regularly and don't react to defeats with big wins.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #7206 on: October 15, 2017, 06:40:48 PM »

That's quite ironic. As I'm supposed to put the bunting out for 4 wins on the bounce, in the 2nd division.

You've just proved my point, thank you so much. It was easy.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #7207 on: October 15, 2017, 07:05:31 PM »
Where else are supposed to win four on the trot apart from the division we're in?

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #7208 on: October 15, 2017, 07:27:22 PM »
Personally, I hope Villa75 catches the last train out of here with alftitmus

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #7209 on: October 15, 2017, 07:28:40 PM »
I don’t think anyone’s got a problem with the 4 wins in a row, and I’m not sure where that came from. Surely it’s most of the games before those 4 under Bruce that are the problem, and in that context it’s understandable that good will is in short supply. And I say that as someone who’s pretty neutral on the issue.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #7210 on: October 15, 2017, 07:58:11 PM »
Difficult as this defeat is I will take it and hope that he can win the next 5. If he does that I will be happy despite lack of entertainment.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #7211 on: October 15, 2017, 08:08:09 PM »
I hope he does great as well. But he knows what he is doing. He knows his style of football is always going to have him on a short leash with fans. So once he starts losing he doesnt have much goodwill to draw upon. Also the fact is he has a track record here and its not just this season, as much as he and maybe others would like to focus on that. He failed to get us anywhere near the playoffs last season and thats the job.

In his defence yes I enjoyed winning 4 in a row and happily cheered him on. On the other side there is a reason those 4 wins didnt put us top of the table, its because of his poor results before that.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #7212 on: October 15, 2017, 08:50:37 PM »
I struggle, we are no where near. Sad times . Bruce out. 3rd best in WM is a fkn nightmare, 2nd rate nowhere club, Going nowhere with what we have.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #7213 on: October 15, 2017, 08:58:08 PM »
If we keep losing one in 9 we will be promoted.

Modern man is a delicate beast.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #7214 on: October 15, 2017, 09:00:59 PM »
Difficult as this defeat is I will take it and hope that he can win the next 5. If he does that I will be happy despite lack of entertainment.
You're having a laugh.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal