collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113489 times)

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #7170 on: October 15, 2017, 04:02:01 PM »
My concerns are more to do with the coaching than anything else. Does anyone really think that Calderwood and Clemence have what it takes to coach these players sufficiently well to succeed? Who is our attacking coach? From what I saw yesterday whoever it was had the week off.

These are men who have been coached since they were 7. They know how to play football. Managers can be blamed for picking the wrong team or formation or for not making the right substitutions but if an individual fails to perform that is down to him. On the basis of the last few weeks I am putting yesterday down to playing against a team who were better on the day. How we now respond will tell us more than a one off game.

I disagree Chris. Top level football is full of players who say that a certain manager or coach improved their game. Just because they're in their 20s or 30s doesn't mean they can't still improve.

How many players looked great at previous clubs but shit at Villa?

How many players looked shit for us, only for us to ship them out and watch them look great for their new club?

How many players actually improve during their time at the club?

Des is right, there is something fundamentally wrong with the coaching.

Offline ez

« Reply #7171 on: October 15, 2017, 04:13:12 PM »
I reckon the results in september mean Bruce is now with us at least until the end of the season, unless promotion becomes impossible before that.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #7172 on: October 15, 2017, 04:15:41 PM »
I reckon the results in september mean Bruce is now with us at least until the end of the season, unless promotion becomes impossible before that.
Exactly as I predicted, decent September, International break, fall short in October, too late.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #7173 on: October 15, 2017, 04:19:30 PM »
Exactly as I predicted, decent September, International break, fall short in October, too late.

That's some crystal ball you've got there

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #7174 on: October 15, 2017, 04:39:25 PM »

That's some crystal ball you've got there

I must have the same one.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #7175 on: October 15, 2017, 04:42:56 PM »
I don't think you should sack any manager who is one point off the play offs and five points off the top two.

But we were shite yesterday.

Unless you're Small Heath.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #7176 on: October 15, 2017, 04:49:04 PM »
Hypothetical I know, but I wonder how Wolves would be getting on with Bruce in charge of that group of players?

He would never have brought them in the first place.

Any manager would have the same set as Mendes is the one deciding who comes in.

Would they play with the same style and flair though?

It's bit like Moyes taking over a swashbuckling Man. United team and turning them into a sideways passing negative team.

Wolves had Lambert in charge and ditched him because they could see his 30% possession template wasn't the way forward for what they wanted to do. No way would Wolves look as good if they'd keep Lambert.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #7177 on: October 15, 2017, 04:50:16 PM »

Depends how badly we do in the coming weeks. We could easily struggle to win any of our next four so he'd be back to the pressure he was after Brentford-Boro.

Offline Ads

« Reply #7178 on: October 15, 2017, 04:55:10 PM »
Hypothetical I know, but I wonder how Wolves would be getting on with Bruce in charge of that group of players?

He would never have brought them in the first place.

Any manager would have the same set as Mendes is the one deciding who comes in.

Would they play with the same style and flair though?

It's bit like Moyes taking over a swashbuckling Man. United team and turning them into a sideways passing negative team.

Wolves had Lambert in charge and ditched him because they could see his 30% possession template wasn't the way forward for what they wanted to do. No way would Wolves look as good if they'd keep Lambert.

Depends if they face a side who second half let them have as much room as they want in midfield.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7179 on: October 15, 2017, 04:55:24 PM »

Predicting the international break was some doing, well done.

Offline Ads

« Reply #7180 on: October 15, 2017, 04:56:49 PM »
I predict Christmas will be in December for us.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #7181 on: October 15, 2017, 04:57:44 PM »

Can you be more specific?

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7182 on: October 15, 2017, 04:59:24 PM »

Can you be more specific?

Boxing Day will be on Boxing Day.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #7183 on: October 15, 2017, 05:03:10 PM »
My concerns are more to do with the coaching than anything else. Does anyone really think that Calderwood and Clemence have what it takes to coach these players sufficiently well to succeed? Who is our attacking coach? From what I saw yesterday whoever it was had the week off.

These are men who have been coached since they were 7. They know how to play football. Managers can be blamed for picking the wrong team or formation or for not making the right substitutions but if an individual fails to perform that is down to him. On the basis of the last few weeks I am putting yesterday down to playing against a team who were better on the day. How we now respond will tell us more than a one off game.

I disagree Chris. Top level football is full of players who say that a certain manager or coach improved their game. Just because they're in their 20s or 30s doesn't mean they can't still improve.

How many players looked shit for us, only for us to ship them out and watch them look great for their new club?

Our first defeat since 15th August tells you that there is something fundamentally wrong? I think there is a need for some perspective hear. If this is the start of a bad run then there is a reason for concern but at the moment it’s one bad result.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #7184 on: October 15, 2017, 05:27:22 PM »

Our first defeat since 15th August tells you that there is something fundamentally wrong? I think there is a need for some perspective hear. If this is the start of a bad run then there is a reason for concern but at the moment it’s one bad result.

It all depends on individual perspectives and standards though.

One person might consider 0-0 home draws to Brentford and Middlesbrough as unacceptable, where someone else would look at the stats and them as a positive, being part of an unbeaten run.

Once again, it seems, those who are unhappy about the Wolves result are extra worried due too the complete capitulation they experienced. The hope that we were finally looking like a team capable of automatic promotion was trampled on, at least for now. The fact that it was a local rival that trod on those hopes makes it feel worse.

I suppose those that get their comfort from stats just won't appreciate that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal