collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113188 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #7140 on: October 15, 2017, 10:31:56 AM »
Johnstone is decent, absolutely. It's the midfield for me that needs toying with. Basically Odomah has to play. And players need to play in their correct roles. How hard can it be?

Apart from Adomah and Hutton, who was playing out of position?

Apart from Adomah, Hourihane playing as a deep lying midfielder, Whelan playing further forwards, Hutton playing left back and Elmo playing right back, no one.

Hourihane wasn't playing as a deep lying midfielder and Whelan wasn't playing further forwards either. I already mentioned Adomah and Hutton and Elmo has done well in the games he's been at right back and has played there before.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #7141 on: October 15, 2017, 10:44:44 AM »
Johnstone is decent, absolutely. It's the midfield for me that needs toying with. Basically Odomah has to play. And players need to play in their correct roles. How hard can it be?

Apart from Adomah, Hourihane playing as a deep lying midfielder, Whelan playing further forwards, Hutton playing left back and Elmo playing right back, no one.

Hourihane wasn't playing as a deep lying midfielder and Whelan wasn't playing further forwards either. I already mentioned Adomah and Hutton and Elmo has done well in the games he's been at right back and has played there before.

I just think that Hourihane should be playing next to someone more mobile-Onomah for example. And Whelen doesn't seem fit enough to play in any position at present.

I should have said fill the positions with the best possible player, rather. Apologies.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:48:15 AM by Axl Rose »

Offline eddiemunster

« Reply #7142 on: October 15, 2017, 10:48:04 AM »
Bruce's after match comments said it all, "We didn't do enough going forward until the last 10 or 15 minutes when we were 2-0 down.
We found it difficult. But there's a long way to go. A long winter ahead and all to play for".

So several months of watching insipid SHITE then, where we get turned over by any half decent team, because we don't get forward enough until it's too feckin late. Whose fault is that then Steve??? You and your fellow "coaching" staff, that's who!!!

Dr Tony, do us all a favour and get rid NOW!!!

Online Clampy

« Reply #7143 on: October 15, 2017, 10:48:59 AM »

I just think that Hourihane should be playing next to someone more mobile-Onomah for example. And Whelen doesn't seem for enough to play in any position at present.

I should have said fill the positions with the best possible player, rather. Apologies.

I agree about Onomah, he does need to start and I probably would have done yesterday.

Online Clampy

« Reply #7144 on: October 15, 2017, 10:49:48 AM »
Bruce's after match comments said it all, "We didn't do enough going forward until the last 10 or 15 minutes when we were 2-0 down.
We found it difficult. But there's a long way to go. A long winter ahead and all to play for".

So several months of watching insipid SHITE then, where we get turned over by any half decent team, because we don't get forward enough until it's too feckin late. Whose fault is that then Steve??? You and your fellow "coaching" staff, that's who!!!

Dr Tony, do us all a favour and get rid NOW!!!

Get rid after 1 defeat in 9? I disagree but it's all about opinions I suppose.

Offline bill

« Reply #7145 on: October 15, 2017, 11:03:37 AM »
Some people were content to watch garbage football as long we were winning. But over a prolonged period , poor performances are a pointer to those results turning to defeats. Our performances this season have by and large been awful. Bruce and his coaches carry the can for that. Lack of movement, ignoring emerging talent in favour of washed up has beens, total lack of any cohesive pattern of play, just can’t see this guy turning things round.

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #7146 on: October 15, 2017, 11:05:22 AM »
We should be aiming to win this league, not scrape into the play offs. Can you imagine that team in a 2 legged play off with a team like Wolves, if they fail to get top 2?

The league is full of dross and we should finish in the top half, pushing for top 6. But, with Bruce's style of play and the alarming lack of pace throughout our side, it's a desperate slog. If by some miracle, we got back up through the play off final, we'd be whipping boys again in the Prem.

So, it's a Bruce out from me.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #7147 on: October 15, 2017, 11:10:05 AM »
This season has all the makings of a groundhog day one. Inspid performances, with scatterings where everything comes together, poor results against the better side, no improvement with our style of play and clouds hanging over Bruce's head all season until the end with him always just about clinging on. Until the season is over, were still in the shit division, our parachute payments are cut drastically and we have to sell off the better players and Bruce gets the chop and reality bites.

This team is not good enough to go up under Spud.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #7148 on: October 15, 2017, 11:27:20 AM »
Imagine if we did go up with this team. Not being dramatic but genuinely we would need 8 or 9 new players. Stoke, an established Premier League team, conceded 7 at Man City yesterday. We would get destroyed most weeks and would be happy with a draw at Bournemouth or Watford.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #7149 on: October 15, 2017, 11:28:56 AM »
The main problem with Brucey boy, is his inability to alter a system during a game that is not working, half time yesterday he should have bolstered the midfield as they were running past our midfield as if they were not there, most the time they were not as they had retreated to give us a 7 / 8 man defence, Albert especially spent more time in our last 30 yards of the pitch than he ever did in theirs, Snodgrass the same but to less effect, but Brucey would have been happy with the score at half time regardless of the pressure we were under, so saw no need to do anything, which is the norm for Mr. Bruce.

If and it is a big if, if  we do get up this season under Bruce we will become the new yo yo's of the West Midlands as there are probably 3 players who could make the step up out of the starting 11 yesterday, only one of the subs and he is not ours where as I thought Wolves if they sign the ones they have on loan plus keep the manager may need 4 or 5 max quality players to be fine, plus they try to play a brand of football that is relevant to today's game, not 5 years out of date.

Sorry Brucey boy but for the benefit of the long term future you have to go.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #7150 on: October 15, 2017, 11:38:59 AM »
I don't think we have to worry about being a yo yo club under SB. Chance would be a fine thing.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #7151 on: October 15, 2017, 11:40:02 AM »
My concerns are more to do with the coaching than anything else. Does anyone really think that Calderwood and Clemence have what it takes to coach these players sufficiently well to succeed? Who is our attacking coach? From what I saw yesterday whoever it was had the week off.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #7152 on: October 15, 2017, 11:44:25 AM »
we are in that worst position possible with Bruce i feared this would happen at the start of the season

not bad enough to get the sack

not good enough to be our manager

I'd have thought the worst position possible would have been bottom of the league but I suppose we all have different priorities.

I was talking about the position of Bruce at the club not league position in that post

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #7153 on: October 15, 2017, 01:43:34 PM »
we are in that worst position possible with Bruce i feared this would happen at the start of the season

not bad enough to get the sack

not good enough to be our manager

I'd have thought the worst position possible would have been bottom of the league but I suppose we all have different priorities.

I was talking about the position of Bruce at the club not league position in that post

Have to agree John. We're sort of keeping pace with the play-off places while never looking like making a concerted push to get into the mix. You could say the same about every team down to 12th such is the bunching up of teams. Will the much trumpeted 1 defeat in 9 form continue or is this the start of a dip in results if not the godawful football? By January we'll know if we're firmly in a play-off place or sitting around wondering why we gave Bruce till then.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #7154 on: October 15, 2017, 01:50:41 PM »
My concerns are more to do with the coaching than anything else. Does anyone really think that Calderwood and Clemence have what it takes to coach these players sufficiently well to succeed? Who is our attacking coach? From what I saw yesterday whoever it was had the week off.
Yep
If you have far superior players and you put them n the pitch, most times you will win.
As soon as you come up against decent opposition that are organised, then coaching tactics, game management become essential.
Bruce and his team do not have a clue.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal