collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113024 times)

Offline eddiemunster

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #7110 on: October 14, 2017, 10:41:08 PM »
Why oh why does he persist in playing the likes of Hutton Elmohamady and Whelan? None should ever wear the shirt again.
Can just see the team against the Blues though, consisting of those three plus agbonlahor. Fek me, why don't we recall fatty from his loan and play Richards as well???

After watching todays performance, I have the feeling we will be torn a new one by our neighbours.
Maybe that's what we need to be rid of Bruce.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #7111 on: October 14, 2017, 10:48:36 PM »
Hutton was our best player tonight, which says everything about our performance. Whelan is the one for me, the fucker can't run. He's dreadful.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #7112 on: October 14, 2017, 10:54:26 PM »
I think Bruce is just going to keep us stuck in this same cycle for months yet.  Enough good results to make sacking him seem harsh but enough poor results that we're never really where we want to be.  As fans you'll have those of us that don't see him as being good enough taking results like today as more proof that he's shit and people who like him will point to the run of wins as evidence that he deserves time and I can't see many people switching from one view to the other.

It's got to a fairly depressing point now though where I wasn't upset when we conceded today, it was so obvious that it was coming and that he wasn't going to do anything to change the game until afterwards that I felt myself just wanting them to get on with it so I could see if the eventual changes would be enough to earn us a point or not.  I couldn't bring myself to be pissed off with most of the players (whelan aside who was outstandingly shit) or even to post much to moan about how we were playing, I just find myself wanting to ignore football for a few months because Villa are the only thing keeping me interested in the game and they seem determined to self-destruct.

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #7113 on: October 14, 2017, 10:58:07 PM »
Hutton was our best player tonight, which says everything about our performance. Whelan is the one for me, the fucker can't run. He's dreadful.

That how I saw it . I know other fans see it different.Whelan is off the the pace , only has a sideways or back pass.How is that good for the team.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #7114 on: October 14, 2017, 11:05:11 PM »

That how I saw it . I know other fans see it different.Whelan is off the the pace , only has a sideways or back pass.How is that good for the team.

Whelan looked like a player seeing out his last season before he retires today.  Hutton is a fucking awful player but if you put him in a back 4, tell him not to leave his own half and to tackle anything that comes near him he'll do a job.  The real problem is it's the sort of job that is rarely needed by a team that wins often enough to get promoted so even though he played well him being in there was still a big part of the reason we were shit, even if it wasn't his fault.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #7115 on: October 14, 2017, 11:13:15 PM »
Whelan is being asked to cover too much space, not up to it in a central midfield of 2 and Hoorihan does not offer enough defensively.
I don’t think it is his fault,we are just set up wrong.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #7116 on: October 14, 2017, 11:13:39 PM »
We are still unconvincing and the Manager prevails. I have given up hope that Bruce goes, resigned to it. Winning the play offs would be great but what a lottery.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #7117 on: October 14, 2017, 11:26:43 PM »
Whelan is being asked to cover too much space, not up to it in a central midfield of 2 and Hoorihan does not offer enough defensively.

Even during our good run, the big concern for me was the prospect of Whelan and Hourihane getting overrun by the better midfields in the league, particularly those playing a three. 

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #7118 on: October 14, 2017, 11:37:17 PM »

Even during our good run, the big concern for me was the prospect of Whelan and Hourihane getting overrun by the better midfields in the league, particularly those playing a three.
Of course the Manager could see what was happening and do something about it before they score.

Offline The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
« Reply #7119 on: October 14, 2017, 11:58:09 PM »
Fuck off Bruce!
Apologies for offending the apologists.
Its over, his dated tactics have had their day. The feelings towards him are past anger, more despair.
Dr Tony, if you have a shred of feeling for this club, please show it now, or we are going to be a serious loss-making for years to come. And surely money talks?

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #7120 on: October 15, 2017, 12:02:49 AM »
Fuck off Bruce!
Apologies for offending the apologists.
Its over, his dated tactics have had their day. The feelings towards him are past anger, more despair.
Dr Tony, if you have a shred of feeling for this club, please show it now, or we are going to be a serious loss-making for years to come. And surely money talks?

Well said. Tone needs to take a good look at how Lerner put us into decline because Xia is falling into the same trap. I was hopeful last season that Xia simply refused to accept failure when he binned RDM. he needs to keep that strength this season.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #7121 on: October 15, 2017, 12:14:45 AM »
The guy simply does not react to what goes on in front of him, it is preordained that he will change Davis for Hogan, never thinks of giving them a go together?

Absolutely no faith that Bruce is man for job but the results before this one mean we are stuck with him for the foreseeable - personally think that’s a shame but now is not time for mass hysteria.,.mmm, sorry I meant holding someone who has had plenty of time & money to account :-)

Offline paul_e

« Reply #7122 on: October 15, 2017, 12:22:29 AM »
The guy simply does not react to what goes on in front of him, it is preordained that he will change Davis for Hogan, never thinks of giving them a go together?

Absolutely no faith that Bruce is man for job but the results before this one mean we are stuck with him for the foreseeable - personally think that’s a shame but now is not time for mass hysteria.,.mmm, sorry I meant holding someone who has had plenty of time & money to account :-)

Shortly followed by (or following) Onomah for Kodjia.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #7123 on: October 15, 2017, 12:28:21 AM »

Shortly followed by (or following) Onomah for Kodjia.

Indeed, the Wolves coach could have planned for our changes, not that he needed to change anything to react to it :-)

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #7124 on: October 15, 2017, 08:10:21 AM »

Agree with this.

Having two players hugging the touchline meant acres of open space in the middle.  The thing is though if you play three in the middle then you get the extra benefit of a proper midfielder like anomah as you don't need to rely on a holding (essentially a third centre half) player.
You only really need players like whelan and jedinak if your full backs are essentially the attacking wide players.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 08:12:05 AM by oldhill_avfc »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal