collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:49:10 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:46:00 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113169 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #7095 on: October 14, 2017, 08:30:05 PM »
Way we played today I'm worried SHA will turn us over in two weeks.

Now if ever there was a result to effectively sack Bruce it would be that.

It will be his final game as Villa manager. The traveling fans may just about survive Wolves fans taking the piss but no way will they accept it from the Knuckledraggers.
Blose are nowhere near Wolves quality

They've won 3/6 at home this season, beat Sheff Weds and Cardiff on home sty turf last few weeks. Vassell and Che Adams will cause our back 4 a lot of issue given how quick they are.

It's easily a game I can see us slipping up, we only just scrapped a draw out there last year.

Offline A Northern Soul

• Xxx
  • GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #7096 on: October 14, 2017, 08:33:45 PM »
Bruce post-match interview "we go again" https://www.facebook.com/avfcofficial/videos/1707810839262978/

Did he say, of the away support “yeah, they’re nothing short of, erm, fans”? Fucking idiot, couldn’t look interviewer in the face

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #7097 on: October 14, 2017, 09:02:09 PM »
The commentator on last nights SHA match said their players admitted they had never worked as hard on fitness training as they had in the last two weeks under Cotterill.

Compare that with Bruce who's showing off his tan today, presumably due to rewarding himself with another break in Portugal, as per the last international break.

Makes you wonder if he's too set in his ways for his own good.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #7098 on: October 14, 2017, 09:12:01 PM »
One of my main problems with Bruce is that 'performances' like today happen too often. If it was a rare poor performance against an admittedly very good Wolves I could accept it more. Sadly it's the games like Burton and Barnsley that are the rarity.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #7099 on: October 14, 2017, 09:27:25 PM »
We will lose at Small Heath, can see it coming a mile off. New manager bounce and pacy strikers against our team which lacks any kind of pace. Bruce will be back to square one then.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #7100 on: October 14, 2017, 09:29:28 PM »
I dont hate Steve Bruce but I do hate the way once he is found out in a game nothing can change it. Time for a change please Xia. Dont make the same mistake Lerner did. Plodder managers do not get better. Bruce has made some good signings for us and we should thank him for it. But this squad is good, possibly very good and we need to start making the most of them.

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #7101 on: October 14, 2017, 09:33:22 PM »
I'm probably clutching at straws , but I remember a lot of noses saying he was a lucky manager.if we stay around the top 6 we may stumble our way to promotion.I know we should be aiming higher than that, but I will give Bruce a bit of leeway while we still have a chance of top six.

Online boozey182

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7102 on: October 14, 2017, 09:49:51 PM »
Tonight doesn't mean he should be sacked, but it does emphasise his limitations. Against a good side, when we can't use our usual 'tactics', we have no answer. The lack of pace, guile and leadership on the pitch is embarrassing. No one running into space, no one beating their man, no one taking the game by the scruff of the neck or picking the players up after a setback.

Tonight also doesn't mean we won't get promoted. We're just banking on the fact that there are very few teams that are any good in the league, and we keep taking points of those that are rubbish. We won't beat anyone with a decent plan, and we are so vulnerable to pace it's staggering. But there are so many terrible teams, we might be okay and go up. I'm glad it's not my money that's depends on that, mind. It's hard to be bullish about our prospects.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #7103 on: October 14, 2017, 09:50:30 PM »
I'm probably clutching at straws , but I remember a lot of noses saying he was a lucky manager.if we stay around the top 6 we may stumble our way to promotion.I know we should be aiming higher than that, but I will give Bruce a bit of leeway while we still have a chance of top six.
Talk about lowering expectations.

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #7104 on: October 14, 2017, 09:54:29 PM »
I think  we should worry  if this is the beginning of a poor run of results , which happened under SB twice last season I just hope he has planned to stop these types of runs this season.  I just wonder if we managed to go up this season would he be replaced I personally doubt it, I base this on the feeling we wouldn't have that much to invest having paid Randy Lerner 70 mil and I can't see the Dr rocking the boat next few results will be interesting
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 09:56:24 PM by tony scott »

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #7105 on: October 14, 2017, 09:58:44 PM »
I think  we should worry  if this is the beginning of a poor run of results , which happened under SB twice last season I just hope he has planned to stop these types of runs this season.  I just wonder if we managed to go up this season would he be replaced I personally doubt it, I base this on the feeling we wouldn't have that much to invest having paid Randy Lerner 70 mil and I can't the Dr rocking the boat next few results will be interesting
The money paid to Randy Lerner is irrelevant, the money wasted on Gabby  Richards McCormick De and Hogan is.

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #7106 on: October 14, 2017, 10:04:03 PM »

I am not saying I am happy with Bruce , he definately hasn't set the place alight.
My expectatations and hopes are a mile apart.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 10:13:47 PM by FrankyH »

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7107 on: October 14, 2017, 10:23:29 PM »

Or talk about supporting a manager? I don't expect everyone too but some will.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #7108 on: October 14, 2017, 10:28:19 PM »

That's where I differ though. I support what's best for the club, not the manager.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #7109 on: October 14, 2017, 10:28:54 PM »

He has done nothing to deserve the unwavering support that he is being given by some.
I actually think he is a decent bloke but is comming up a long way short as Manager of Aston Villa.
If supporting the manager and second division football is your thing, then you are in the right place.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal