collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113569 times)

Offline aj2k77

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6960 on: September 27, 2017, 09:23:50 PM »
Di Matteo got the bullet after 3 defeats in 11.....

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6961 on: September 27, 2017, 09:25:19 PM »

Hadn't we gone into the bottom 3 though?

Online Clampy

« Reply #6962 on: September 27, 2017, 09:30:51 PM »
I reckon there was more going on with RDM than just the results although that game up at Preston was bloody awful.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #6963 on: September 27, 2017, 09:33:13 PM »
I reckon there was more going on with RDM than just the results although that game up at Preston was bloody awful.

I'm not sure how much of a monkey's he actually gave.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #6964 on: September 27, 2017, 09:34:20 PM »
If the poll was re-run now the results would be interesting.

I think Bruce has bought himself October assuming we don't collapse against Bolton. He's been surviving game by game these last few weeks so I don't see why there should be any major shift in opinion. The jury is still out for me.

So are you suggesting he should lose his job should be lose or draw against Bolton?

I think he should be hung if we lose to Bolton.

Oh lovely.

Of course he ought to be sacked if we don't beat Bolton. We've had a run of three games in the last eleven months where we've performed to an acceptable standard. He has no credit in the bank.
I presume you're not serious?  Whilst it has cerainly taken too long, it's pretty clear to see over the last few games confidence is returning, we have strong team unity and we're starting to string together some decent performances for the first time in 6 years.  And you would throw that away and plunge us back into turmoil over 1 defeat?
Hopefully it want come to pass, but if it does well just get a grip.

I'm being 100% serious. 3 Wins in a row with the most expensive squad in the division is the bare minimum of what we ought to accept.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #6965 on: September 27, 2017, 09:36:25 PM »
For me if we lost, it would be a test of how the player's bounce back from it, not sacking the manager.

For me it would be why we lost to a team that haven't won all season, have scored 4 goals and conceded 21.

Each to their own.

Ok, if for the sake of argument Man Utd were playing Palace at home at the weekend and they lost, should Mourinho be sacked?

Mourinho - Bruce? Come on..

Same argument though in a way really. Palace haven't won a game either.

Man Utd lose and they will still be 2nd in the PL (after hammering their CL opponents in mid week).

You honestly, think that can be compared to our situation should Bolton beat us? Honestly?

But let's be honest,  you'd be saying the same thing if we were second. Sacking a manager after 3 defeats in 11 league games would be very harsh and a tad daft.

You're drawing equivalence between him and Mourinho?! It's you who's daft.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #6966 on: September 27, 2017, 09:41:01 PM »
For me if we lost, it would be a test of how the player's bounce back from it, not sacking the manager.

For me it would be why we lost to a team that haven't won all season, have scored 4 goals and conceded 21.

Each to their own.

Ok, if for the sake of argument Man Utd were playing Palace at home at the weekend and they lost, should Mourinho be sacked?
Yes absolutely.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #6967 on: September 27, 2017, 09:44:14 PM »
I'm not sure sacking would be enough in that scenario. Mourinho would have to be executed, or at least jailed for life without the possibility of parole.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #6968 on: September 27, 2017, 09:49:04 PM »
I'm not sure sacking would be enough in that scenario. Mourinho would have to be executed, or at least jailed for life without the possibility of parole.

Seven life sentences, one after the other.

Punish him and his bones.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #6969 on: September 27, 2017, 09:49:57 PM »
if Man Utd had performed exactly the same as us since Mourinho went there he would have been sacked off ages ago

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #6970 on: September 27, 2017, 10:03:23 PM »

Hadn't we gone into the bottom 3 though?

Well yeah, there was that too.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #6971 on: September 27, 2017, 10:12:25 PM »

I'm not sure how much of a monkey's he actually gave.

Not much of a one judging by his general manner. 

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #6972 on: September 27, 2017, 10:58:12 PM »
We have just won 4-0 away from home and people are seriously discussing the potential for him being sacked if we lose on Saturday. I have seen it said that this is one if the saner corners of the Internet. All I can say is that I am glad I don't delve much deeper.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #6973 on: September 27, 2017, 11:09:31 PM »
I'm shocked that you're shocked.

We have been mostly awful on his watch -to the point where a loss against Barnsley a little over a week ago might have seen him potted. I don't think he should get his cards if we lose to Bolton, personally.  But fully get why others might feel different. 

Mind bleach that could eradicate most of the last 12 months (or seven years, more like) would be just swell. Until they start pumping that out in the concourses at half time, you will inevitably get discussions about the doughnut in the dugout.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #6974 on: September 27, 2017, 11:12:35 PM »
We've been mostly awful on his watch, yes, but we've strung together three very good results.

I for one will be taking this opportunity to stop worrying myself about how shit we usually are.

Enjoy these days. We'll have plenty of chances to moan again, no doubt.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal