collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2123179 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6945 on: September 27, 2017, 08:35:56 PM »
If the poll was re-run now the results would be interesting.

I think Bruce has bought himself October assuming we don't collapse against Bolton. He's been surviving game by game these last few weeks so I don't see why there should be any major shift in opinion. The jury is still out for me.

So are you suggesting he should lose his job should be lose or draw against Bolton?

I think he should be hung if we lose to Bolton.

Oh lovely.

Of course he ought to be sacked if we don't beat Bolton. We've had a run of three games in the last eleven months where we've performed to an acceptable standard. He has no credit in the bank.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #6946 on: September 27, 2017, 08:37:47 PM »

I think Bruce has bought himself October assuming we don't collapse against Bolton. He's been surviving game by game these last few weeks so I don't see why there should be any major shift in opinion. The jury is still out for me.

So are you suggesting he should lose his job should be lose or draw against Bolton?

Oh lovely.

Of course he ought to be sacked if we don't beat Bolton. We've had a run of three games in the last eleven months where we've performed to an acceptable standard. He has no credit in the bank.

I disagree entirely. We're doing ok, there's no need to change it on the back of an unlikely defeat.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #6947 on: September 27, 2017, 08:42:47 PM »

Oh lovely.

I disagree entirely. We're doing ok, there's no need to change it on the back of an unlikely defeat.

An unlikely defeat? My recent memory is full of them.
If ever I become the owner of a labrador I promise I'll call him Clampy.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #6948 on: September 27, 2017, 08:44:56 PM »

Oh lovely.

I presume you're not serious?  Whilst it has cerainly taken too long, it's pretty clear to see over the last few games confidence is returning, we have strong team unity and we're starting to string together some decent performances for the first time in 6 years.  And you would throw that away and plunge us back into turmoil over 1 defeat?
Hopefully it want come to pass, but if it does well just get a grip.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #6949 on: September 27, 2017, 08:47:22 PM »
For me if we lost, it would be a test of how the player's bounce back from it, not sacking the manager.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #6950 on: September 27, 2017, 08:50:03 PM »
For me if we lost, it would be a test of how the player's bounce back from it, not sacking the manager.

For me it would be why we lost to a team that haven't won all season, have scored 4 goals and conceded 21.

Each to their own.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #6951 on: September 27, 2017, 08:54:40 PM »
Bruce should win this game v Bolton  but if he doesn't it's not a  reason to sack him. Sometimes it  doesn't happen no matter how crap the opposition.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #6952 on: September 27, 2017, 08:54:54 PM »

For me it would be why we lost to a team that haven't won all season, have scored 4 goals and conceded 21.

Each to their own.

Ok, if for the sake of argument Man Utd were playing Palace at home at the weekend and they lost, should Mourinho be sacked?

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #6953 on: September 27, 2017, 08:57:47 PM »
He's bought himself more time with recent results and if he continues in this way he'll be fine.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #6954 on: September 27, 2017, 08:58:24 PM »

Oh lovely.

I presume you're not serious?  Whilst it has cerainly taken too long, it's pretty clear to see over the last few games confidence is returning, we have strong team unity and we're starting to string together some decent performances for the first time in 6 years.  And you would throw that away and plunge us back into turmoil over 1 defeat?
Hopefully it want come to pass, but if it does well just get a grip.

No he wouldn't because it would be over 1 defeat would it, it would be over 46 league games where we hadn't ever looked more than a midtable team.  Judging him after the 10 games you have to be honest and say that we're not quite where we want to be, that's not negative or controversial, we're aiming for the top 2 and we're 4 points short of it.  The 3 wins have taken him from 'definitely sacked this week' to 'safe so long as he keeps us going in the right direction', losing to Bolton would put him under massive pressure again.  Won't happen though, Bolton are abject, I think another 4 goal (or more) win should be on the cards here, they're as dead in the water as we were a couple of years back.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #6955 on: September 27, 2017, 08:59:31 PM »

Each to their own.

Ok, if for the sake of argument Man Utd were playing Palace at home at the weekend and they lost, should Mourinho be sacked?

Mourinho - Bruce? Come on..

Maureen the tea lady putting sugar and too much milk in my tea - Bruce?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 09:01:11 PM by Rudy Can't Fail »

Offline Villa75

« Reply #6956 on: September 27, 2017, 09:00:29 PM »
Should the unacceptable happen, it wouldn't be just be losing as game that people would be annoyed about.

It would be;

Losing at home to the worst team in the division.
Being mid table after nearly 1/4 of the season gone.
Only having 16 points after 11 games.

It won't happen though. We'll batter them by 5 or 6 goals, so no need to stress.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #6957 on: September 27, 2017, 09:01:37 PM »

Each to their own.

Same argument though in a way really. Palace haven't won a game either.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #6958 on: September 27, 2017, 09:17:53 PM »

Each to their own.

Man Utd lose and they will still be 2nd in the PL (after hammering their CL opponents in mid week).

You honestly, think that can be compared to our situation should Bolton beat us? Honestly?

Offline Clampy

« Reply #6959 on: September 27, 2017, 09:22:29 PM »

Each to their own.

Man Utd lose and they will still be 2nd in the PL (after hammering their CL opponents in mid week).

You honestly, think that can be compared to our situation should Bolton beat us? Honestly?

But let's be honest,  you'd be saying the same thing if we were second. Sacking a manager after 3 defeats in 11 league games would be very harsh and a tad daft.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal