collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113339 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6930 on: September 27, 2017, 03:16:37 PM »
If the poll was re-run now the results would be interesting.

I think Bruce has bought himself October assuming we don't collapse against Bolton. He's been surviving game by game these last few weeks so I don't see why there should be any major shift in opinion. The jury is still out for me.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #6931 on: September 27, 2017, 05:15:19 PM »

I think Bruce has bought himself October assuming we don't collapse against Bolton. He's been surviving game by game these last few weeks so I don't see why there should be any major shift in opinion. The jury is still out for me.

Indeed if the F word ever did apply (and I hate that word)  it would be if there were a major shift in opinion based on a three game run (ok 6 if you want to say the unbeaten run) and one or two decent performances. It's not bad, but that is the very least we should expect from this squad.   Personally I don't criticise Bruce for losing per se, every manager loses.  I do criticise him for underperforming over a sustained period of time.  And I don't think the last few games is enough to swing my opinion or to give him too big a pat on the back. 

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #6932 on: September 27, 2017, 05:24:35 PM »

Me too. I want to see this continue of course and I am encouraged overall. But let's see us do it vs Wolves who had a great start. That's a massive game. Fulham and Blues won't be easy either.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6933 on: September 27, 2017, 05:28:56 PM »

So are you suggesting he should lose his job should be lose or draw against Bolton?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #6934 on: September 27, 2017, 05:38:39 PM »

So are you suggesting he should lose his job should be lose or draw against Bolton?

I think he should be hung if we lose to Bolton.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #6935 on: September 27, 2017, 05:46:38 PM »
4 points off automatic places... Which surely buys him time. Another win on Saturday and we're going to be higher I suspect.
You don't say :))

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6936 on: September 27, 2017, 05:48:28 PM »

I think he should be hung if we lose to Bolton.

Oh lovely.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #6937 on: September 27, 2017, 05:51:40 PM »
I won't be changing my vote from Yes but I am very pleased with our results since the Boro league match but still annoyed at the cup surrender.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #6938 on: September 27, 2017, 06:06:55 PM »
I probably would change my vote from "yes".

But I have been here with Bruce before. What may be different this time is the manner in which we played. We did not look like crap. We played entertaining football. Thats new and it wasnt just the number of goals. At times yesterday we played fast counter attakcing football, then retained possession and did excellent slow build up and attacking play. Then we also played some very solid stifling defensive work, pretty much restricting them to outside the box shots.

We shall see but the gulf between the two teams was as apparent as it should be given the resources available.

Fingers crossed he builds on this. It doesnt hurt that several of our players are hitting great form right now.

Online malckennedy

« Reply #6939 on: September 27, 2017, 06:31:36 PM »
My thoughts are that we started the season with Bacuna, Agbonlahor and Hutton in the starting 11. The fact that Bacuna was sold soon after and now Agbonlahor seems to have disappeared and Hutton is just a bit part player is a large part of the explanation for a change in our fortunes.

Bruce took his time to recognise that these 3 are just not good enough but better late than never.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6940 on: September 27, 2017, 06:39:13 PM »

Not overly as any time anyone feels like it they can remove their vote and then vote for a different option.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #6941 on: September 27, 2017, 06:42:30 PM »

Not beating a Bolton side who have lost their last 7 without scoring a goal would be unacceptable. Not to the point of Bruce being sacked, but certainly putting him back on notice

Offline Villa75

« Reply #6942 on: September 27, 2017, 06:43:33 PM »
Agbonlahor is injured. That's no Bruce master stroke.

And, besides, he's often been nowhere near the team during some of our worst performances over the past few years.

Online malckennedy

« Reply #6943 on: September 27, 2017, 06:55:52 PM »
Agbonlahor is injured. That's no Bruce master stroke.

And, besides, he's often been nowhere near the team during some of our worst performances over the past few years.

No probably not a master stroke, but not a coincidence either.

I'm not suggesting Agbonlahor is responsible for all the ills of the last 5 years or so, but he is a prime example of them.

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #6944 on: September 27, 2017, 07:58:24 PM »
I have always said he should be given three seasons, and hold by that view.

At any club, a point may be reached where managerial change itself is the enemy, we have reached that point.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal