collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Monty
[March 28, 2024, 11:26:15 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:30:40 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Drummond
[March 28, 2024, 11:39:23 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Monty
[March 28, 2024, 11:26:15 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Billy Walker
[March 28, 2024, 11:13:11 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 11:07:05 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:06:11 PM]

Re: COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:01:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2114012 times)

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6900 on: September 27, 2017, 09:24:26 AM »
He was forced to play a young lad that's turned out to be just what we needed more luck than planned. The forward line does look potent now though.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #6901 on: September 27, 2017, 09:30:17 AM »
its good to see we are at last now doing what we should be doing

i never wanted Bruce and i'm not changing my mind just because we have won a few games against Burton Ablion etc in this shit division
 any manager in this division would get us into the play offs, every single one of them
 so if we do make the play offs and we should its because we have far better players than everyone else not because Bruce is special he's bang average at best but with this squad could still get us up

he's only now starting to do now what he should have done last season and what he was bought in to do
 its taken him a year and its still early days but lets hope it continues because we desperately need to go up this year even if it has to be with him

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #6902 on: September 27, 2017, 09:45:55 AM »
I think that saying any manager in this division would get us in the play offs is rather presumptuous, but I would agree that with our resources it shouldn't be too difficult. If Bruce gets us up this season he will have done a good job and should be praised highly for it, anyone that is going to sit on their hands and not clap just because they weren't keen on the appointment originally is just being very very silly.
On the other hand, despite credit being due for the last 3 games, I don't think he will get us up, but we shall see. Another set of bad results next month and serious questions should be asked again.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #6903 on: September 27, 2017, 09:54:28 AM »
I'm glad he's sticking with the same team and formation instead of chopping and changing it's good at the moment so long may it continue.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #6904 on: September 27, 2017, 10:02:02 AM »
He absolutely deserved to be held to account for some poor performances and results

He didn't deserve to be called a fucking dinosaur, an idiot, incompetent or worse than a potato on a stick

He is a fucking dinosaur. I'm genuinely pleased for him that he's managed to find the winning formula. It isn't rocket science though, is it.

I think most fans were just baffled at his negative, somewhat prehistoric tactics in certain games, that's all.

Of course, everyone of us wants the team to do well and the manager to be the user of interesting tactics.

It is a forum where views are to be put forward after all.

Well done Brucie.

He came into a club with an unbalanced squad that had turned conceding late goals into an art form. It has taken longer that I would have hoped but he has finally got the right people seemingly playing in the right way with a solid defence, 5 league games so far this month with one goal conceded, allowing us to be less risk averse going forward. There is still a long way to go with stiffer challenges ahead but there is cause for optimism for the first time in ages.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #6905 on: September 27, 2017, 10:16:10 AM »
He absolutely deserved to be held to account for some poor performances and results

He didn't deserve to be called a fucking dinosaur, an idiot, incompetent or worse than a potato on a stick

He is a fucking dinosaur. I'm genuinely pleased for him that he's managed to find the winning formula. It isn't rocket science though, is it.

I think most fans were just baffled at his negative, somewhat prehistoric tactics in certain games, that's all.

Of course, everyone of us wants the team to do well and the manager to be the user of interesting tactics.

It is a forum where views are to be put forward after all.

Well done Brucie.

He came into a club with an unbalanced squad that had turned conceding late goals into an art form. It has taken longer that I would have hoped but he has finally got the right people seemingly playing in the right way with a solid defence, 5 league games so far this month with one goal conceded, allowing us to be less risk averse going forward. There is still a long way to go with stiffer challenges ahead but there is cause for optimism for the first time in ages.

There's cause for cautious optimism, but we're still only 8th.  We're 4 points from both 2nd position and 16th, so it could still go both ways with some good or bad results.  If we're top 6 by Christmas, then I'll start to believe we have a chance of staying there.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #6906 on: September 27, 2017, 10:38:14 AM »
Maybe we should change the name of this thread with minimum disruption? We don't want to appear fickle. A simple cut and paste that can be cut and pasted back if necessary should do it. Suggestions include:

Bruce gout?
Bruce pout?
Bruce turnabout?
Bruce bailout?
Bruce brown trout?
Bruce looks like a Brussels sprout!

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #6907 on: September 27, 2017, 10:43:39 AM »
The Steve Bruce Dilemma/Dilemna
The Steve Bruce Quandary
Spud-u-Likeornot

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #6908 on: September 27, 2017, 11:08:48 AM »
We will know what shape we are in at the end of October, I expected thsese results and a win on Saturday.
Anything less than another 8 points by then and Automatic promotion will be unlikely.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #6909 on: September 27, 2017, 11:26:48 AM »
I'm not convinced he has got the right people doing the right things quite yet.  Away from home, possibly, but the last two home games have been pretty tortuous to watch and I think we've been very fortunate to get 4 points out of them.  For me Bruce has done enough to keep himself in the job for a while but three wins on the bounce doesn't change the overall picture of underachievement any more than his 1 win changes everything nonsense earlier in the season.  I really hope he doesn't start crowing too soon again.   When we've put in a consistent run over 15-20 games, then I'll start to think he might have turned the corner.  But it won't be before time.   

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6910 on: September 27, 2017, 11:55:27 AM »
The guy gets justified stick when we lose so he deserves a pat on the back when we win.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #6911 on: September 27, 2017, 12:01:57 PM »
at last the team seems to be gelling , its not the team that Bruce intended to play.

if you look on the site who scored who , you can see he was playing Hutton rB , Elmo on the right wing and Green left wing with Josh supporting Hogan .

He could not ignore Albert who forced himself back in the team pushing elmo to RB who SB will always squeeze in.
 Davis is doing the business which bruce would never have played due to circumstances and johnny danger is now back , not Bruces fault of course  , the  team has fell into place and doing the business now and lets hope it carries on and with kodja still to hit the form and Jedi, green and Jack to come back , maybe top 2 is a possibility now.

I think Bruce would never have picked this team as Albert was not in his plans but at last after a long time the penny has dropped. His squad to me was always the best in this league so please carry on the good work now.

p.s I still do not know how Bjork gets on the pitch.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 12:05:02 PM by JUAN PABLO »

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #6912 on: September 27, 2017, 12:58:09 PM »
To be fair, as terrible as Bjork looks he still could come good. He's not played over here until now but he's got a good attitude, he's experienced and versatile, always looks in decent shape too. Just seems to have a loose touch and keeps giving the ball away, looks like a rabbit in the headlights at times.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #6913 on: September 27, 2017, 01:00:38 PM »
To be fair, as terrible as Bjork looks he still could come good. He's not played over here until now but he's got a good attitude, he's experienced and versatile, always looks in decent shape too. Just seems to have a loose touch and keeps giving the ball away, looks like a rabbit in the headlights at times.
maybe and Im sure he sings a tune in the dressing room for the lads

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #6914 on: September 27, 2017, 01:07:05 PM »
maybe and Im sure he sings a tune in the dressing room for the lads

Well there you go, got to be worth 20k a week or whatever they pay him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal