collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113547 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6765 on: September 23, 2017, 02:41:51 PM »
Unbeaten in 6   takes us back to Reading. Since then we have played 6 plus the non game against Boro but 6 includes Wigan🤔

We need a Mod to give us a definitive ruling on whether we are counting cup games or not. Otherwise the thread will descend into anarchy and we will all start acting like savages.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #6766 on: September 23, 2017, 02:45:43 PM »
Except you said we're unbeaten in 6 and that's obviously not true.  The only way you can make it true is to ignore the Boro cup game and include the wigan cup game.  Which is the point olaftab is making.  I assume it was a typo but instead of re-reading it and noticing you'd made a mistake you decided to be condescending.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #6767 on: September 23, 2017, 02:57:03 PM »
Great selective brain work. Again unbeaten in 6 includes Wigan and ignores Boro. Unbeaten in 5 in the league is good and I also hope we win today to consolidate that position.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #6768 on: September 23, 2017, 02:58:20 PM »
Ads ignores certain games (loses), but likes to bolster his POV by giving us 6 points from games we have yet to play? 😂

The trouble with you, Ads, saying "I think we'll win....", is that you always say " I think we'll win". Afterwards though, when more often than not we haven't won, you'll come up with a list of excuses as to why "we shouldn't be expected to win".

I'm not having a go, as I find it quite entertaining, I'm just pointing it out in case you thought we were all a bit stupid.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #6769 on: September 23, 2017, 03:04:40 PM »
Unbeaten in 6   takes us back to Reading. Since then we have played 6 plus the non game against Boro but 6 includes Wigan🤔
We need a Mod to give us a definitive ruling on whether we are counting cup games or not. Otherwise the thread will descend into anarchy and we will all start acting like savages.
You mean we can't get that from published facts and stats already available or I think those are may be fake news.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #6770 on: September 23, 2017, 03:08:36 PM »

It's this 'we're a big club' thing that stops some folks from enjoying anything Villa related these days it seems. We were a big club once upon a time, and we're still a historically big club to us and anyone in the media over the age of 40 that gives two shits about us. But to anyone else we're an irrelevance and just another team (like Everton for example) that just exist for no apparent reason.

I doubt there's a person (non Villa related) under the age of 30 that considers us a big club. And the sooner folks realise this is the way it is the better i reckon.

I just enjoy the Villa for me, what other people think of us, or what opposition we're playing week in week out doesn't really bother me. I only go to the game to watch us, so whether we're playing Brentford or Arsenal genuinely doesn't bother me one bit. I don't feel any shame at being in this league, i don't miss the PL one bit, and i haven't watched MOTD for over a year either.

I've literally no interest in watching any other football anymore. I just watch my team, and that's it. If we do well great, if we do bad, we try again next match. No drama.

You seem to swallow and regurgitate every negative cliche spouted about Villa, agreeing with Bruce that there is mass hysteria, saying all the complainers were the ones who had a go at Yorke years ago and they all demand beautiful tika taka football and even defending the fickle comment.  Now saying no-one under 30 thinks we're a big club.  You're just plain wrong on that, I find a lot of people I talk to asking what's gone wrong with such a great club with a fantastic tradition and huge fan base.  In fact I know bluenoses and Smethwick fans that show more respect for the club and its fans than you seem to.

Oh grow up FFS. Why is it that anytime anyone has the temerity to disagree with you, you revert to insult and putting people down. If you don't understand that some fans are not going to agree with you, just disagree without the barbed comments. 

Grow up yourself.  there's nothing insulting about my post, (as opposed to yours) what I've said is factual, read his posts. Or am I not allowed to disagree with him?   Still you're  another one that likes to roll out the utterly tedious fickle nonsense so I guess it's touched a nerve.

Given you are clearly always right, I guess so :)

Back to the sensible stuff now. UTV 

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6771 on: September 23, 2017, 03:28:14 PM »
For the hard of thought

1) Norwich = 3 points
2) Bristol = 1 point
3) Brentford = 1 point
4) Boro = 1 point
5) Barnsley = 3 points
6) Forrest = ?

That's 9 points from 5, but win (as we ought to) and it's 12 from 6 and an average of 2 points per game since Bruce suggested we'd come out of the mini crisis against Norwich.

That's 5 games not the 6 you've said here which is what people are questioning

Are we in a bad run? Unbeaten in 6

Maybe just admit you miscounted and knock off the condescending "For the hard of thought" guff when it was you that miscounted.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #6772 on: September 23, 2017, 04:53:08 PM »
Yes the post to Brian is wrong. I wasnt accounting for Wigan though, which is what irritated me, as I've been talking about a six game block and being 12 for 6 all week.

Offline Ads

« Reply #6773 on: September 23, 2017, 04:54:29 PM »
Ads ignores certain games (loses), but likes to bolster his POV by giving us 6 points from games we have yet to play? 😂

The trouble with you, Ads, saying "I think we'll win....", is that you always say " I think we'll win". Afterwards though, when more often than not we haven't won, you'll come up with a list of excuses as to why "we shouldn't be expected to win".

I'm not having a go, as I find it quite entertaining, I'm just pointing it out in case you thought we were all a bit stupid.

The trouble with you is you engaged me directly last week for the first time and thought it hilarious that I predicted a 3 goal win.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #6774 on: September 23, 2017, 05:19:43 PM »

The trouble with you is you engaged me directly last week for the first time and thought it hilarious that I predicted a 3 goal win.

But, you see, that's your 1st correct prediction in many, many, matches. Even a stopped clock...

Like I said. I hope you don't waste money on your 'predictions'.

You do put a smile on my face though. It's no drama. 😉

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #6775 on: September 23, 2017, 05:22:25 PM »

But, you see, that's your 1st correct prediction in many, many, matches. Even a stopped clock...

Like I said. I hope you don't waste money on your 'predictions'.

You do put a smile on my face though. It's no drama. 😉
Silhillvilla?

Offline Ads

« Reply #6776 on: September 23, 2017, 05:23:47 PM »
I rarely predict scores. I've gone for two three goal wins on the spin for a bit of fun.

Glad my contributions remain of such importance. Try not to ejaculate too prematurely in delight if I do end up being wrong.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6777 on: September 23, 2017, 05:31:29 PM »
Give it a sodding rest all of you or you'll be taking an indefinite break. We're getting fed up of all the sniping and petty point scoring that's going on just lately.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #6778 on: September 23, 2017, 08:05:04 PM »
Two very winnable games coming up. Burton and Bolton. No excuses, must be all six points if we are serious about putting the hysteria to one side!!

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #6779 on: September 23, 2017, 08:48:35 PM »
I'm expecting 6 points from the next two

Then Wolves away will be massive. Lots of players on international duty so we'll see who recovers best. This time Bruce needs to use his squad better and play fresher players

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal