collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113846 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6750 on: September 23, 2017, 12:08:25 PM »
Are we in a bad run? Unbeaten in 6 and win today and we have 12 points from 6 games, the exact form we need and with the opportubity to claw 2 points back with the Bolton and Burton games.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #6751 on: September 23, 2017, 01:14:51 PM »
OK just ignore the last competitive game that we lost 2-0.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #6752 on: September 23, 2017, 01:19:53 PM »
Has no one posted Bruce's "We can finally play expansive football now" interview yet? It's a hum-dinger, him and Pravda really outdone themselves.

What's the point in taking apart what he says every week? Can't we just judge him on what happens on the pitch?
I think mostly fans have only been judging him on  what's happened on the pitch and taking him apart other than a couple of matches.
But what tends to happens is once someone has decided they don't like him they pick up even the smallest most innocuous things, like a slipped word in a press conference, and blow it all out of proportion.  Or argue that one week he's an idiot for making a defensive substitution and the next he's an idiot for making an attacking substitution.  Or comments like show us don't tell us but then the next week he's a coward for not fronting up and telling us.  Or him being slagged of for having no fight and spirit and the next week he's a c*** because he's shown some fighting spirit and said something people don't like.  For many people, in most situations Bruce is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

I still agree the football is shite and he will have to go if the next 3 games are not outstanding.  But like Clampy, I think people picking at his every move can be a bit tiresome.

It is a well trodden path, Paul. It isn't enough to criticise results and performances, every aspect of the manager's behaviour becomes subject to scrutiny and criticism. it's understandable to a certain extent if individuals consider him to not be up to the job they shun anything remotely positive but too often it starts to look obsessive.

Taken in context his latest remarks have some credibility, we have kept three consecutive clean sheets and are no longer relying on Kodja to be our only scoring option. He also has every right to fight his corner. That said, it needs to continue  over a run of games before it is seen as a real shift.

Was that reply for me or did you just put the wrong name?

To reply to you and other Chris together (and Clampy) I get what you're saying but to flip it around when we were shit in January the people who were defending him spoke about anything but the games, he needed to get his own players, he was talking about seeing the same problems in his post match comments, etc.  I don't see how those 2 things are different.  People naturally look for things to back up what they believe.

As for credibility, they have the potential for it, but we need to see players supporting the attack better and us creating good chances regularly before it means anything because he's said stuff like this before and then we've had the whole 'worst performance since I've been here' comments again.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #6753 on: September 23, 2017, 01:23:34 PM »
Are we in a bad run? Unbeaten in 6 and win today and we have 12 points from 6 games, the exact form we need and with the opportubity to claw 2 points back with the Bolton and Burton games.

We have 10 points from the first 8 games which weren't overly burdensome. In fact a fair spread in terms of difficulty indicative of the season. At least 40% of them were unacceptable in terms of performance and/or points return.
1.25 points per game thus far extrapolated would give us less than 60 for season.

Now if we e.g. win the next 5 with some entertaining football as well as ground out hard fought wins and don't then bomb out by going 8 without a win then we can start assessing what type of run we are really in.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #6754 on: September 23, 2017, 01:28:23 PM »
Has no one posted Bruce's "We can finally play expansive football now" interview yet? It's a hum-dinger, him and Pravda really outdone themselves.

What's the point in taking apart what he says every week? Can't we just judge him on what happens on the pitch?
I think mostly fans have only been judging him on  what's happened on the pitch and taking him apart other than a couple of matches.
But what tends to happens is once someone has decided they don't like him they pick up even the smallest most innocuous things, like a slipped word in a press conference, and blow it all out of proportion.  Or argue that one week he's an idiot for making a defensive substitution and the next he's an idiot for making an attacking substitution.  Or comments like show us don't tell us but then the next week he's a coward for not fronting up and telling us.  Or him being slagged of for having no fight and spirit and the next week he's a c*** because he's shown some fighting spirit and said something people don't like.  For many people, in most situations Bruce is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

I still agree the football is shite and he will have to go if the next 3 games are not outstanding.  But like Clampy, I think people picking at his every move can be a bit tiresome.

It is a well trodden path, Paul. It isn't enough to criticise results and performances, every aspect of the manager's behaviour becomes subject to scrutiny and criticism. it's understandable to a certain extent if individuals consider him to not be up to the job they shun anything remotely positive but too often it starts to look obsessive.

Taken in context his latest remarks have some credibility, we have kept three consecutive clean sheets and are no longer relying on Kodja to be our only scoring option. He also has every right to fight his corner. That said, it needs to continue  over a run of games before it is seen as a real shift.

I used to find it comforting after another defeat or poor performance Bruce in his post match comments was brave enough to point out how bad it was, what we were doing wrong and how he needed to fix it. This season he's gone all defensive and basically tries to pull the wool over the fans' eyes. I would suggest he either stops talking bollocks or stops giving pre and post match interviews. As the latter is contractually not possible, I would hope he decides on the former.

Offline Ads

« Reply #6755 on: September 23, 2017, 01:50:41 PM »

The one where absolute nobody who played against Barnsley started and where nobody will start today. Of course.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #6756 on: September 23, 2017, 01:53:43 PM »
with the opportubity to

Have you got a cold or are you attempting ventriloquism?

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #6757 on: September 23, 2017, 01:58:06 PM »

The one where absolute nobody who played against Barnsley started and where nobody will start today. Of course.

You don't know that though, Ads. Bruce may have a surprise up his sleeve. Samba up front?

Offline Ads

« Reply #6758 on: September 23, 2017, 02:03:37 PM »

We have 10 points from the first 8 games which weren't overly burdensome. In fact a fair spread in terms of difficulty indicative of the season. At least 40% of them were unacceptable in terms of performance and/or points return.
1.25 points per game thus far extrapolated would give us less than 60 for season.

Now if we e.g. win the next 5 with some entertaining football as well as ground out hard fought wins and don't then bomb out by going 8 without a win then we can start assessing what type of run we are really in.

Win today and it proves a corner was turned against Norwich as we will have taken 12 from 6. We will finish today on 13 points which will be 5 behind target, but come 5pm next Saturday we ought to have caught 2 points up by winning 4 on the spin.

Offline olaftab

« Reply #6759 on: September 23, 2017, 02:25:56 PM »

OK so you have counted in the Wigan win but ignoring the effort against Boro in th cup. Well in that case you are absolutely correct. Why in write off defeats again Cardiff and Reading and that makes us unbeaten😂

Offline Ads

« Reply #6760 on: September 23, 2017, 02:27:47 PM »
I've not counted the Wigan win. It's self evident I am talking about the league as I am talking about points accumulated. The cup is irrelevant.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #6761 on: September 23, 2017, 02:28:06 PM »

OK so you have counted in the Wigan win but ignoring the effort against Boro in th cup. Well in that case you are absolutely correct. Why in write off defeats again Cardiff and Reading and that makes us unbeaten😂

Might aswell carry on and write off the last 7 years. We are still good, or at least competitive. With a team I actually enjoy watching occasionally.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 02:33:02 PM by Axl Rose »

Offline Ads

« Reply #6762 on: September 23, 2017, 02:31:34 PM »
For the hard of thought

1) Norwich = 3 points
2) Bristol = 1 point
3) Brentford = 1 point
4) Boro = 1 point
5) Barnsley = 3 points
6) Forrest = ?

That's 9 points from 5, but win (as we ought to) and it's 12 from 6 and an average of 2 points per game since Bruce suggested we'd come out of the mini crisis against Norwich.

Offline olaftab

« Reply #6763 on: September 23, 2017, 02:35:36 PM »
Unbeaten in 6   takes us back to Reading. Since then we have played 6 plus the non game against Boro but 6 includes Wigan🤔

Offline Ads

« Reply #6764 on: September 23, 2017, 02:38:47 PM »
It's explained above. We are only on course for correction if we win today. Then points can be dragged back, 2, over the next two games if we win. We need 9 from these 3. Do that and we will be in the Play Offs or knocking at the door.

I think we will win all 3.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal