collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113619 times)

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6735 on: September 23, 2017, 10:19:16 AM »
“Villa have been a great club, are still a great club, and always will be a great club.” - Frederick Rinder, 1936.

If I were a fan of tattoo's, which I'm not, that's what I'd have as it's written there.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #6736 on: September 23, 2017, 10:31:14 AM »
Has no one posted Bruce's "We can finally play expansive football now" interview yet? It's a hum-dinger, him and Pravda really outdone themselves.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6737 on: September 23, 2017, 10:38:10 AM »
Has no one posted Bruce's "We can finally play expansive football now" interview yet? It's a hum-dinger, him and Pravda really outdone themselves.

What's the point in taking apart what he says every week? Can't we just judge him on what happens on the pitch?

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #6738 on: September 23, 2017, 10:38:56 AM »

It's this 'we're a big club' thing that stops some folks from enjoying anything Villa related these days it seems. We were a big club once upon a time, and we're still a historically big club to us and anyone in the media over the age of 40 that gives two shits about us. But to anyone else we're an irrelevance and just another team (like Everton for example) that just exist for no apparent reason.

I doubt there's a person (non Villa related) under the age of 30 that considers us a big club. And the sooner folks realise this is the way it is the better i reckon.

I just enjoy the Villa for me, what other people think of us, or what opposition we're playing week in week out doesn't really bother me. I only go to the game to watch us, so whether we're playing Brentford or Arsenal genuinely doesn't bother me one bit. I don't feel any shame at being in this league, i don't miss the PL one bit, and i haven't watched MOTD for over a year either.

I've literally no interest in watching any other football anymore. I just watch my team, and that's it. If we do well great, if we do bad, we try again next match. No drama.

You seem to swallow and regurgitate every negative cliche spouted about Villa, agreeing with Bruce that there is mass hysteria, saying all the complainers were the ones who had a go at Yorke years ago and they all demand beautiful tika taka football and even defending the fickle comment.  Now saying no-one under 30 thinks we're a big club.  You're just plain wrong on that, I find a lot of people I talk to asking what's gone wrong with such a great club with a fantastic tradition and huge fan base.  In fact I know bluenoses and Smethwick fans that show more respect for the club and its fans than you seem to.

Oh grow up FFS. Why is it that anytime anyone has the temerity to disagree with you, you revert to insult and putting people down. If you don't understand that some fans are not going to agree with you, just disagree without the barbed comments. 

Grow up yourself.  there's nothing insulting about my post, (as opposed to yours) what I've said is factual, read his posts. Or am I not allowed to disagree with him?   Still you're  another one that likes to roll out the utterly tedious fickle nonsense so I guess it's touched a nerve.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #6739 on: September 23, 2017, 10:40:33 AM »

What's the point in taking apart what he says every week? Can't we just judge him on what happens on the pitch?

Lots of us have tried and been called hysterical.

Online Clampy

« Reply #6740 on: September 23, 2017, 10:43:24 AM »

Lots of us have tried and been called hysterical.

But taking apart what he says to the press just to have another pop at him is a bit tiresome really. He won't get the sack for what he says on a Friday morning, he'll lose his job if the results are not right and rightly so if and when it happens.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #6741 on: September 23, 2017, 10:43:47 AM »

I think mostly fans have only been judging him on  what's happened on the pitch and taking him apart other than a couple of matches.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 10:47:43 AM by olaftab »

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #6742 on: September 23, 2017, 11:01:54 AM »

Yes and it's shit.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #6743 on: September 23, 2017, 11:22:24 AM »

We do.

And if Xia was doing the same, Bruce would be gone by now.

He's been given a '2nd chance' (again!). Let's hope he takes it.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #6744 on: September 23, 2017, 11:40:04 AM »

I think mostly fans have only been judging him on  what's happened on the pitch and taking him apart other than a couple of matches.
But what tends to happens is once someone has decided they don't like him they pick up even the smallest most innocuous things, like a slipped word in a press conference, and blow it all out of proportion.  Or argue that one week he's an idiot for making a defensive substitution and the next he's an idiot for making an attacking substitution.  Or comments like show us don't tell us but then the next week he's a coward for not fronting up and telling us.  Or him being slagged of for having no fight and spirit and the next week he's a ****** because he's shown some fighting spirit and said something people don't like.  For many people, in most situations Bruce is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

I still agree the football is shite and he will have to go if the next 3 games are not outstanding.  But like Clampy, I think people picking at his every move can be a bit tiresome.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #6745 on: September 23, 2017, 11:47:16 AM »
Agreed. Bruce is a terrible prick.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #6746 on: September 23, 2017, 11:51:41 AM »

We do.

And if Xia was doing the same, Bruce would be gone by now.

He's been given a '2nd chance' (again!). Let's hope he takes it.
👂👂

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #6747 on: September 23, 2017, 11:54:27 AM »

But what tends to happens is once someone has decided they don't like him they pick up even the smallest most innocuous things, like a slipped word in a press conference, and blow it all out of proportion.  Or argue that one week he's an idiot for making a defensive substitution and the next he's an idiot for making an attacking substitution.  Or comments like show us don't tell us but then the next week he's a coward for not fronting up and telling us.  Or him being slagged of for having no fight and spirit and the next week he's a c*** because he's shown some fighting spirit and said something people don't like.  For many people, in most situations Bruce is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

I still agree the football is shite and he will have to go if the next 3 games are not outstanding.  But like Clampy, I think people picking at his every move can be a bit tiresome.

It is a well trodden path, Paul. It isn't enough to criticise results and performances, every aspect of the manager's behaviour becomes subject to scrutiny and criticism. it's understandable to a certain extent if individuals consider him to not be up to the job they shun anything remotely positive but too often it starts to look obsessive.

Taken in context his latest remarks have some credibility, we have kept three consecutive clean sheets and are no longer relying on Kodja to be our only scoring option. He also has every right to fight his corner. That said, it needs to continue  over a run of games before it is seen as a real shift.

Offline kipeye

« Reply #6748 on: September 23, 2017, 11:57:34 AM »

It's this 'we're a big club' thing that stops some folks from enjoying anything Villa related these days it seems. We were a big club once upon a time, and we're still a historically big club to us and anyone in the media over the age of 40 that gives two shits about us. But to anyone else we're an irrelevance and just another team (like Everton for example) that just exist for no apparent reason.

I doubt there's a person (non Villa related) under the age of 30 that considers us a big club. And the sooner folks realise this is the way it is the better i reckon.

I just enjoy the Villa for me, what other people think of us, or what opposition we're playing week in week out doesn't really bother me. I only go to the game to watch us, so whether we're playing Brentford or Arsenal genuinely doesn't bother me one bit. I don't feel any shame at being in this league, i don't miss the PL one bit, and i haven't watched MOTD for over a year either.

I've literally no interest in watching any other football anymore. I just watch my team, and that's it. If we do well great, if we do bad, we try again next match. No drama.

You seem to swallow and regurgitate every negative cliche spouted about Villa, agreeing with Bruce that there is mass hysteria, saying all the complainers were the ones who had a go at Yorke years ago and they all demand beautiful tika taka football and even defending the fickle comment.  Now saying no-one under 30 thinks we're a big club.  You're just plain wrong on that, I find a lot of people I talk to asking what's gone wrong with such a great club with a fantastic tradition and huge fan base.  In fact I know bluenoses and Smethwick fans that show more respect for the club and its fans than you seem to.

Oh grow up FFS. Why is it that anytime anyone has the temerity to disagree with you, you revert to insult and putting people down. If you don't understand that some fans are not going to agree with you, just disagree without the barbed comments. 

Grow up yourself.  there's nothing insulting about my post, (as opposed to yours) what I've said is factual, read his posts. Or am I not allowed to disagree with him?   Still you're  another one that likes to roll out the utterly tedious fickle nonsense so I guess it's touched a nerve.
There is a lot that is insulting about your post KT.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #6749 on: September 23, 2017, 12:00:15 PM »
Unfortunately Chris our bad run of games is in its seventh year.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal