collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113150 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6705 on: September 22, 2017, 12:06:51 PM »
its so depressing when i have to wait 50 mins before I see any villa highlights on that Channel 5 footy programme.

Is it any more depressing than years of being last on MOTD?

Offline ajmant

« Reply #6706 on: September 22, 2017, 12:07:27 PM »
It's so depressing waiting 50 minutes to see any Villa highlights whilst at Villa Park!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6707 on: September 22, 2017, 12:07:41 PM »
I hate being in division 2, and yet I don't miss the PL either. I'd rather be in it than where we are, but I don't miss that circus.

it felt like a circus because we were the clowns. I'd like to be in it when we have role the isn't one solely for the amusement of others.

Very good!

But I meant more the media circus, obsession with the 'big' clubs, and a world where Jonny Evans is worth more than £20-30m, and so on. I don't miss being a part of that shite.

Offline Ad@m

« Reply #6708 on: September 22, 2017, 12:31:32 PM »
I hate being in division 2, and yet I don't miss the PL either. I'd rather be in it than where we are, but I don't miss that circus.

it felt like a circus because we were the clowns. I'd like to be in it when we have role the isn't one solely for the amusement of others.

Very good!

But I meant more the media circus, obsession with the 'big' clubs, and a world where Jonny Evans is worth more than £20-30m, and so on. I don't miss being a part of that shite.

I'm not sure a world where Nathan Baker is worth £4m is any less silly.

As for us being the clowns, almost without exception during our last few years in the Prem fans of other clubs weren't laughing at us, but more found us the most depressingly dull club there was, such was the degree to which we were stinking the place out with our dreadful tactics and worse performances.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #6709 on: September 22, 2017, 01:26:17 PM »

Very good!

I'm not sure a world where Nathan Baker is worth £4m is any less silly.

As for us being the clowns, almost without exception during our last few years in the Prem fans of other clubs weren't laughing at us, but more found us the most depressingly dull club there was, such was the degree to which we were stinking the place out with our dreadful tactics and worse performances.

You’re right, a world where McCormack and Hogan cost £25m is no less ridulous.

Offline achilles

« Reply #6710 on: September 22, 2017, 01:39:15 PM »

Very good!

Totally agree, when Kyle Walker is worth £50 million plus you just know that football as you know it has disappeared.
I am quite happy playing in the championship although I accept that if we do then we will regress even more than we are at the present rate, as we would lose out on the moneypot!
Went and saw Bromsgrove Sporting in the last international break and it was a breath of fresh air, really enjoyed it and I will be back, just so nice to watch players actually enjoying playing rather than a chore!

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #6711 on: September 22, 2017, 02:55:22 PM »
I'd like to win this league every year and refuse promotion.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #6712 on: September 22, 2017, 03:04:48 PM »
Promotion to the premiership is one of those 'be careful what you wish for 'things.

Offline Ad@m

« Reply #6713 on: September 22, 2017, 03:30:39 PM »
Oh my word!  So now we're getting in to a "we could win this league, we just don't want to" mentality?!

How about we just win it and then worry about what happens next then.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #6714 on: September 22, 2017, 03:35:16 PM »
Oh my word!  So now we're getting in to a "we could win this league, we just don't want to" mentality?!

How about we just win it and then worry about what happens next then.

It's precisely what I don't like about what we've become. I want us to be at the top of the top league. I'll stomach all of the dislikeable attributes of being successful at that point in time.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #6715 on: September 22, 2017, 03:39:58 PM »
its so depressing when i have to wait 50 mins before I see any villa highlights on that Channel 5 footy programme.

We get a decent 4-5 minutes when we're the TV game as will be the case for tomorrow's show.

I know it's fashionable to slag off the channel 5 show but I honestly don't think it's that bad and not worse than when the BBC showed the highlights.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #6716 on: September 22, 2017, 03:41:38 PM »
Surprised Dave has that view.

Does no one want to see us play in europe again?

Yeah we could win a cup but that seems near impossible for us to do these days.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6717 on: September 22, 2017, 03:44:39 PM »
Surprised Dave has that view.

Does no one want to see us play in europe again?

Yeah we could win a cup but that seems near impossible for us to do these days.

We've already been battered in Europe this season or have you forgotten the game at Cardiff? *winky*

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #6718 on: September 22, 2017, 03:46:33 PM »
Even if we didn't go up straight away I expected us to dish out some real pastings. In the 54 league games we've played down here, Norwich is the only time we've scored 4. And we've managed 3 in three other games.

PL54 F57 A57.

Mind you (and I possibly stand correct) but I don't remember Newcastle giving out to many pastings last season. They just got the wins to get them up.

Newcastle 4 - Reading 1
QPR 0 - Newcastle 6
Newcastle 4 - Norwich 3
Newcastle 3 - Reading 1
Newcastle 3 - Ipswich 0
Newcastle 6 - Preston 0 (EFL Cup)
Newcastle 4 - Blues 0
Newcastle 3 - Forest 1
Newcastle 4 - Rotherham 0
Newcastle 3 - Huddersfield 1
Newcastle 4 - Preston 1
Newcastle 3 - Barnsley 0

So they scored at least 3 goals in a quarter of their league games

Like us this year then in the league. 

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #6719 on: September 22, 2017, 04:53:21 PM »
If your only desire is to turn up to the match then the fact you don't complain about the entertainment on offer or where it leads us makes more sense.

Without taking the piss (if it come over that way) it at least gives me a frame of reference for what I have been struggling with in some of the arguments in defence of Bruce.

agree
the scales fell of my eyes a few months ago now when i had been arguing against everything Bruce, then i read a new thread i think it was called 'is it just me' and realised that a good 80% of the site didn't even like the game of football, had no interest in it outside Villa and even then struggled

i realised then that to keep on moaning about how shit Bruce was for Villa made no difference to people who don't like football and havent got much interest in it

i have toned it down ever since ( no really i have) 
yes i still have a weekly go at Bruce but that's it nowadays

have a re read of that thread if you don't believe me it was a proper eye opener for me at the time

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal