collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2115157 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6585 on: September 19, 2017, 09:54:13 PM »
You think just bloody go for it tonight   it doesn't matter if we lose
Just attack attack attack 😞

Even after the occasional good win he never seems to twig that attacking sides strongly increases your chances of goals and wins.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #6586 on: September 19, 2017, 10:01:30 PM »
I have no idea what he's trying to achieve at Aston Villa. We're not a cup team, we're not a big game team, we're not a flat-track bully and we're certainly not the flair side. I wasn't going to let him off after the win at the weekend and I don't particularly make tonight the final straw. We're just a very boring, below-par member of a mediocre league, but one that cost multi-millions to put together, owned by a billionaire and with three seasons worth of parachute payments keeping us honest. Until Bruce knows himself what he's attempting to put together here we'll be inert.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #6587 on: September 19, 2017, 10:03:26 PM »
One up top at home again...cup or not, at least give it a go...ah I've almost given up caring. Not so much the result just the set up and the whole apathetic approach to games..

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #6588 on: September 19, 2017, 10:06:02 PM »
Well tonight further highlights some of our flaws (and some of the managers), but it doesn't really effect Bruce's position IMO.  The aim this season is to get promotion (by any means) and that's where Bruce will be judged. I would have liked a good cup run.  But hey their a better side than us and the focus ideally should be on the league.  Tonight was a very different side from the one that will play at the weekend.

richtheholtender

« Reply #6589 on: September 19, 2017, 10:06:42 PM »
I have no idea what he's trying to achieve at Aston Villa. We're not a cup team, we're not a big game team, we're not a flat-track bully and we're certainly not the flair side. I wasn't going to let him off after the win at the weekend and I don't particularly make tonight the final straw. We're just a very boring, below-par member of a mediocre league, but one that cost multi-millions to put together, owned by a billionaire and with three seasons worth of parachute payments keeping us honest. Until Bruce knows himself what he's attempting to put together here we'll be inert.

Only Aston Villa could be in transition for seven years.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #6590 on: September 19, 2017, 10:09:56 PM »

Only Aston Villa could be in transition for seven years.

To think there was a school of thought that relegation might be a chance to start again. It may still be if we keep taking two steps back for every one forward.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #6591 on: September 19, 2017, 10:12:38 PM »
If the club can not be bothered to win the game and progress in the cup, they should not be charging the fans a penny to watch the shambolic performance .

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #6592 on: September 19, 2017, 10:13:32 PM »
One up top at home again...cup or not, at least give it a go...ah I've almost given up caring. Not so much the result just the set up and the whole apathetic approach to games..
That was me as well, avfcpg. At least give it a go.
I thought we did until the sending off. But when, in the history of any teams does a SO signal instant defeat? Of course it doesn't.  It signals, these (oppo) are soft, get in there and sort them out...

I am so bloody disappointed with this Cup defeat.

The lads are going to have to completely nail Notts Forest on Saturday, to make up.

Offline Risso

« Reply #6593 on: September 19, 2017, 10:35:15 PM »
He didn't seem quite so smug in the post-match interview tonight.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6594 on: September 19, 2017, 10:40:03 PM »
As usual top video for the post match interview https://www.facebook.com/pg/avfcofficial/videos

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #6595 on: September 19, 2017, 10:50:32 PM »

Distressingly accurate post.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #6596 on: September 19, 2017, 10:53:51 PM »
For fuck sake Xia, wake up!! Sack him.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #6597 on: September 19, 2017, 11:09:03 PM »
I really have no time for him at all.

Same here. When it comes to me not having an interest in a game, I know something is seriously wrong. I'm not even angry any more. I've never been to prison but I imagine the food is very much like the football under Bruce and you know for a fact it's not going to change over night. Just more shite.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #6598 on: September 19, 2017, 11:31:04 PM »
Didn't expect to win tonight anyway, it's all or nothing in the league this season and I suspect we will be debating a new manager in the next few weeks anyway.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
« Reply #6599 on: September 19, 2017, 11:31:49 PM »
I don't want SB to go. I just want him to be better.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal