collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2114863 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6570 on: September 19, 2017, 07:48:31 PM »
When we win,we appear to be bladdering sides and play good stuff. How freshingly professional was the 2nd half? Third goal was always key and we got it early, probably should have had more and then strangled the life out of the game, knocking it around nicely and defending solidly and calmly. One lucky ricochet apart, they never went close.

Confidence is a big factor but it appears we have capacity to be a good side, we've just seldom set up that way.

If we are to be promoted then no doubt there will be scrappy one nils and results we sneak, but there will be plenty of Norwich and Barnsley style cigars out as well.

It's a bit of irrelevant point to make to suggest people want dire football. Who has suggested that? People want winning football, promotion and that will deliver a mix bag of performances but hopefully more Barnsley type efforts are to come.

The bold bit highlights how stupidly black and white people are trying to make this.  No one is asking for Brazil 1970 performances every game either but any of us who have been critical of the way we play under Bruce have this nonsense argument thrown at us that we would be happy to lose every week so long as we were passing the ball.  We all want to see a team that wins more often and the difference is how we think that's more likely to be achieved.

I personally think that setting up the way Bruce has for the last 11 months will always lead to runs of poor form because there will be plenty of games where we struggle to score goals and every team will concede silly goals here and there and those 2 combined, along with the fact that Bruce seems to struggle to pick the team back up after a defeat, will get in the way of us making a charge for the top 2.  I said 5th-8th in the summer if he stays and I'm sticking with that, we're better than where we are but we're not good enough to be where we should be and I don't think Bruce will be able to fully bridge that gap because he doesn't seem to see that our best performances come when we put the poor defenders in this league under pressure to make snap decisions.

In your haste to be as obnoxiously offensive as you can be without calling anybody a c***, you have missed the point. I am saying its anything other than black and white, that nobody wants poor football or considers that there is a one style of turgid football that leads to promotion, as was being discussed.

I like this site, shame there's not an ignore function.

I agree, the ability to screen out offensive material or posters would make it far more enjoyable. If at times awkward to read.

'Northern Racists' Is that obnoxious? Offensive? Discriminatory? It's certainly got a bit of 'Black or White' about it....

Ah the Warden of the North is here.

Obnoxious but not offensive, try again.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #6571 on: September 19, 2017, 09:16:46 PM »
Fucking pathetic again. I get a couple of changes, but complete wholesale changes when you're trying to build momentum is idiotic. That line-up was pure surrender.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #6572 on: September 19, 2017, 09:19:16 PM »
Given the entire team v Forest will be different, does the result here really impact on 'momentum' in the league?

Let's hope not anyway!

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #6573 on: September 19, 2017, 09:21:53 PM »
Could do, I also think creating a pretty clear divide in the squad doesn't help develop unity. It better not impact the result Saturday, because if we don't win he should be fired.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #6574 on: September 19, 2017, 09:28:08 PM »
Given the entire team v Forest will be different, does the result here really impact on 'momentum' in the league?

Let's hope not anyway!

half the starting line up were Bruce signings
just shows you how shit the bloke is at just about everything since he's been with us

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #6575 on: September 19, 2017, 09:28:14 PM »
Could do, I also think creating a pretty clear divide in the squad doesn't help develop unity. It better not impact the result Saturday, because if we don't win he should be fired.

I agree.  The game was a low priority fixture for Bruce but it was a game to build confidence in those on the fringe of the first team.

He cocked that up and wasted the dosh of those that decided to attend on a late September evening.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #6576 on: September 19, 2017, 09:30:24 PM »
Pathetic.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #6577 on: September 19, 2017, 09:33:41 PM »

Let's hope not anyway!

just shows you how shit the bloke is at just about everything since he's been with us

Samba, Onomah, Lansbury

Let's hope not anyway!

He's definitely made some signings that look pretty bad at the moment - all those except Onomah look like a mistake at the moment

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #6578 on: September 19, 2017, 09:44:28 PM »
I won't criticise him for the line-up or the result, it's a cup game that he clearly wasn't bothered about that the board have probably made clear isn't a priority.

What I do find frustrating is that the reserve team he put out appears to have exactly the same fundamental problems that we've seen week in, week out for nearly a year.  That's why we aren't progressing because every time we seem ready to turn a corner we take a step back instead.  This is why he gets criticism for his style because all too often we're ineffective and dull, that he's achieved the same lacklustre performance from a completely different team is telling as well.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #6579 on: September 19, 2017, 09:48:17 PM »
Yes, we've turned a corner. About 360° unfortunately. Yet again.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #6580 on: September 19, 2017, 09:48:49 PM »
I really have no time for him at all.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6581 on: September 19, 2017, 09:49:48 PM »
Took us 80 odd minutes to have a shot on target.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #6582 on: September 19, 2017, 09:51:29 PM »

Let's hope not anyway!

Samba, Onomah, Lansbury

He's definitely made some signings that look pretty bad at the moment - all those except Onomah look like a mistake at the moment

It that supposed to be his signings that were in the team?  Can add Bjarnason and Hogan who played and Bree from the bench, so a third of the squad were his signings.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #6583 on: September 19, 2017, 09:52:37 PM »
You think just bloody go for it tonight   it doesn't matter if we lose
Just attack attack attack 😞

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6584 on: September 19, 2017, 09:53:02 PM »
Commentators were saying Onomah was pretty much our best player, probably not saying much tonight mind.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal