collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113081 times)

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6435 on: September 17, 2017, 10:07:23 PM »
It works both ways though Clampy. Bruce could have just enjoyed the win. He didn't have to have another dig at fans. But he chose to. I'm just not sure what he hopes to gain from it.

I don't really give a shit what he says, but let's be honest there's been a lot worse said about him on here and elsewhere than he's said about the fans. I believe if you dish it out you've got to be able to take a bit back now and again, and the fans should just take it on the chin and move on.
Personally I hope he continues to rub his critics noses in it. We might just go up then.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6436 on: September 17, 2017, 10:09:25 PM »
It's also possible to enjoy a win and still think a player/manager/owner acted like a twat. Like most did about Gabby after that Norwich game.

Strikers shouldn't get above themselves for scoring 1 goal a season though.

So it is ok to not be happy about something after winning, but still enjoy the win.

My only gripe was we gave them too much of the ball in the first half. What he said after the game didnt bother me too much but it did others for various reasons
Each to their own i suppose.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #6437 on: September 17, 2017, 10:13:24 PM »

I think Bruce was spot on, and there was 'mass hysteria' on social media and on the WM phone in from some plebs. I'd have done exactly the same as he did yesterday as well if i'd had to put up with the bloody nonsense as well.

It's the same people acting outraged with what he said that probably gave Yorke dogs abuse then went ape shit when he kissed his badge in front of them.

If you dish it out don't act all offended if someone has a go back.

If you really believe there was "mass hysteria" then sorry you're as gullible as those who keep rolling out the "fickle" card because DOL said we were.  As for being outraged or offended by his comments - nice hyperbole but somewhat off the mark - I just thing he's a dick for coming out with it.   I'm quite prepared for someone to have a go back if they actually have some facts to back up their argument instead of coming out with a load "alternative facts" that would insult the intelligence of a Small Heathen,  and digs at section of the fan base to divert attention from the failings.   

People don't role out the fickle card because David 'bloody' O'Leary said it. They say it because its true and most seasoned observers of football fans the length and breadth of the country accept it. And I don't really understand why some get so precious about it - following football isn't logical, all reason goes out the window. Thats just what passion and emotion do for you.   

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #6438 on: September 17, 2017, 10:33:45 PM »
But O'Fuck Off didn't refer to his beloved Arsenal or football fans in general he offered those pearls of wisdom, the slimy shitbag.

He uttered it when he was getting stick for presiding over a rubbish set of results and a rubbish style of football.

Much like Steve Boof, in fact.

It was directed at us, to mask his own inadequacies.

I have more respect for someone like James Chester, who said perhaps the players and management weren't getting enough stick, and maybe that is why we had become a complacent, bang average Championship side.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #6439 on: September 17, 2017, 10:42:07 PM »
It works both ways though Clampy. Bruce could have just enjoyed the win. He didn't have to have another dig at fans. But he chose to. I'm just not sure what he hopes to gain from it.

I don't really give a shit what he says, but let's be honest there's been a lot worse said about him on here and elsewhere than he's said about the fans. I believe if you dish it out you've got to be able to take a bit back now and again, and the fans should just take it on the chin and move on.
Personally I hope he continues to rub his critics noses in it. We might just go up then.
Fans are not paid £2M a year to help them cope with the stress. We pay our own hard earned money to fund his wages.  Fans don't need to take it on the chin from the Club Manager we get served enough shit as it is.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 10:43:55 PM by olaftab »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #6440 on: September 17, 2017, 10:46:22 PM »

Fans are not paid £2M a year to help them cope with the stress. We pay our own hard earned money to fund his wages.  Fans don't need to take it on the chin from the Club Manager we get served enough shit as it is.

Maybe you should stop being so precious about it.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #6441 on: September 17, 2017, 10:51:17 PM »
Yea OK.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #6442 on: September 17, 2017, 10:54:43 PM »

Would wish he'd wait until win 5 out of 5 before having digs at the fans.

I worry it will be premature just like after Norwich.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #6443 on: September 17, 2017, 11:25:31 PM »

I think Bruce was spot on, and there was 'mass hysteria' on social media and on the WM phone in from some plebs. I'd have done exactly the same as he did yesterday as well if i'd had to put up with the bloody nonsense as well.

It's the same people acting outraged with what he said that probably gave Yorke dogs abuse then went ape shit when he kissed his badge in front of them.

If you dish it out don't act all offended if someone has a go back.

If you really believe there was "mass hysteria" then sorry you're as gullible as those who keep rolling out the "fickle" card because DOL said we were.  As for being outraged or offended by his comments - nice hyperbole but somewhat off the mark - I just thing he's a dick for coming out with it.   I'm quite prepared for someone to have a go back if they actually have some facts to back up their argument instead of coming out with a load "alternative facts" that would insult the intelligence of a Small Heathen,  and digs at section of the fan base to divert attention from the failings.   

People don't role out the fickle card because David 'bloody' O'Leary said it. They say it because its true and most seasoned observers of football fans the length and breadth of the country accept it. And I don't really understand why some get so precious about it - following football isn't logical, all reason goes out the window. Thats just what passion and emotion do for you.   

I don't recall anyone ever using the word fickle before that clown came out with it. I don't hear of other clubs supporters describing themselves thus.  It gets trotted out parrot fashion every time an under performing Villa manager is justifiably criticised.  Like i said before, you don' seem to know what "fickle" means, and neither do the alleged  seasoned observers you invoke, without any evidence to back it up.

Online boozey182

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6444 on: September 18, 2017, 10:28:29 AM »
Other than him coming across a little silly and over sensitive, I don really see a problem with what Bruce has said. We all just want the staff and team to start earning the fees, wages and support that they've been receiving. When they start doing that, we'll be happy.

If beating Barnsley is for da haterz, for the loyal fans that have stuck by him or a reaction to the threat of losing his job, I couldn't care less. He just needs to make sure our form doesn't slip. Again.

If we keep winning, he can criticise me personally if it will help. Or at the very least get his son to do it for him.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #6445 on: September 18, 2017, 11:35:19 AM »
Despite a much improved performance I still want him out. We had this a few weeks ago against Norwich and it was a false dawn. I have zero confidence in him building anything from good results, and learning from what works (and doesn't).

Plus he has now lost his one saving grace (was likeable) and is becoming increasingly irritating with each passing interview.

Get rid.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #6446 on: September 18, 2017, 11:47:11 AM »
He's fighting for his job.  There has been a huge amount of negativity (quite undetstandably at times) and he's worried it will influence the Chairman.

I do think he's mentioned 'hysteria' a few too many times, but I don't mind him having a punchy attitude and fighting for his job.  He believes he will get it right and the negativity is counter productive.  I'm not convinced he will, but have no problem with him showing a fighting spirit.

I agree with those who have said we need to stop being so precious, particularly those who have thrown dogs abuse at him since he walked through the door.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #6447 on: September 18, 2017, 11:50:44 AM »
I have said before that I think he's a weak manager. With his previous clubs when he was interviewed, he always sounded as though he was feeling sorry for himself.

His reaction has shown weakness to criticism that good managers just shrug off like water off a duck's back. If he starts reacting to fans/media, he starts to get played and we end up with a manager doing what he wants to do and then doing what others think he should do and then back again.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6448 on: September 18, 2017, 11:53:24 AM »
If he doesn't want criticism he shouldn't have spent 11 months serving up some the worst football and results any of us have ever seen.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #6449 on: September 18, 2017, 12:00:50 PM »
13th in the table, that'll show them, the hysterical bastards.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal