collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113125 times)

Offline LukeJames

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6420 on: September 17, 2017, 09:32:11 PM »
I think come Saturday evening we will have put four past a shit Forest side.

Nurse!

the Cup of Adventure and Entertainment.

I've always just called it fanny.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6421 on: September 17, 2017, 09:38:39 PM »
There does seem to be a routine (this season anyway) of if we lose or draw, then give him shit. If we win, then find something else to give him shit about anyway. No, it's not been the best start but just a thought.

Clampy you make some good points, no matter what happens he gets it in the neck, on social media ( not H@ V) and the hideous Radio WM they always seem to have it in for him, I think his talk of hysteria is aimed at them rather than the fans, I'm really hoping we can win against Forest to give us some momentum and to ease the pressure that he, the club and our brilliant fans are feeling.

But the give him shit when we win wouldn't be the case as much today if once again he didn't come out with the hysteria bollocks. He could have just some something like "I'm happy we won, I thought we played some good stuff. The fans were great, I'd like to thank them for travelling in such huge numbers. I know they are concerned about our position but things will improve".

Nobody would have criticized him. But he didn't and instead went on the attack or at least came out with passive aggressive comments. He just doesn't get it.

But you've just kind of proved my point. Instead of enjoying the win and hoping we take it into the next game, people instead have picked holes in an after match interview.  He gets enough justified stick for what happens on the pitch. Why have a moan for what he says after we get 3 points everyone demanded?

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #6422 on: September 17, 2017, 09:41:39 PM »
There does seem to be a routine (this season anyway) of if we lose or draw, then give him shit. If we win, then find something else to give him shit about anyway. No, it's not been the best start but just a thought.

Clampy you make some good points, no matter what happens he gets it in the neck, on social media ( not H@ V) and the hideous Radio WM they always seem to have it in for him, I think his talk of hysteria is aimed at them rather than the fans, I'm really hoping we can win against Forest to give us some momentum and to ease the pressure that he, the club and our brilliant fans are feeling.

But the give him shit when we win wouldn't be the case as much today if once again he didn't come out with the hysteria bollocks. He could have just some something like "I'm happy we won, I thought we played some good stuff. The fans were great, I'd like to thank them for travelling in such huge numbers. I know they are concerned about our position but things will improve".

Nobody would have criticized him. But he didn't and instead went on the attack or at least came out with passive aggressive comments. He just doesn't get it.

But you've just kind of proved my point. Instead of enjoying the win and hoping we take it into the next game, people instead have picked holes in an after match interview.  He gets enough justified stick for what happens on the pitch. Why have a moan for what he says after we get 3 points everyone demanded?

If he keeps winning, the naysayers reduce and become less vocal.  That's the answer

Offline Damo70

« Reply #6423 on: September 17, 2017, 09:41:54 PM »
I think come Saturday evening we will have put four past a shit Forest side.

Nurse!

the Cup of Adventure and Entertainment.

I've always just called it fanny.

'Cup of adventure and entertainment' sounds like a cup full of an unknown, unmentionably disgusting concoction you have to drink as part of some kind of initiation.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #6424 on: September 17, 2017, 09:42:26 PM »
It works both ways though Clampy. Bruce could have just enjoyed the win. He didn't have to have another dig at fans. But he chose to. I'm just not sure what he hopes to gain from it.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #6425 on: September 17, 2017, 09:42:33 PM »

Because he acts like everything's been fine and anyone not happy with him is being ridiculous. We've won very, very few games and he's responsible for that. It's like Fred West asking you to think about all the people he didn't kill.

And yes, this is exactly equivalent to serial murder. There is no difference and I will stand by the comparison forever.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6426 on: September 17, 2017, 09:43:18 PM »
No one was complaining about wins before he started whining and sniping about the reaction to him failing.

Online Clampy

« Reply #6427 on: September 17, 2017, 09:45:53 PM »
It works both ways though Clampy. Bruce could have just enjoyed the win. He didn't have to have another dig at fans. But he chose to. I'm just not sure what he hopes to gain from it.

Even if not said a word, hole would gave been picked amongst what he aaid anyway

Because he acts like everything's been fine and anyone not happy with him is being ridiculous. We've won very, very few games and he's responsible for that. It's like Fred West asking you to think about all the people he didn't kill.

And yes, this is exactly equivalent to serial murder. There is no difference and I will stand by the comparison forever.

Serial murder? What are you on about?

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #6428 on: September 17, 2017, 09:48:28 PM »
It's also possible to enjoy a win and still think a player/manager/owner acted like a twat. Like most did about Gabby after that Norwich game.

Online Clampy

« Reply #6429 on: September 17, 2017, 09:52:01 PM »

I watched him walk off the pitch yesterday, clapping the fans and thumping his fist celebratory style. If we'd lost, fans would have wanted his arse out the door. We won but he didn't say the right thing.

Online Clampy

« Reply #6430 on: September 17, 2017, 09:53:49 PM »
It's also possible to enjoy a win and still think a player/manager/owner acted like a twat. Like most did about Gabby after that Norwich game.

Strikers shouldn't get above themselves for scoring 1 goal a season though.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #6431 on: September 17, 2017, 09:55:04 PM »

Even if not said a word, hole would gave been picked amongst what he aaid anyway

Lateral thinking not going to fly by the looks of it, SE.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #6432 on: September 17, 2017, 09:59:36 PM »

A bit like any manager in charge of the "best squad in the division" shouldn't get all uppity when people ask whether two wins in thirteen league matches* is what was expected in exchange for £2m per year.

*A guess which I'm sure I'll be corrected on shortly.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #6433 on: September 17, 2017, 10:00:05 PM »

So it is ok to not be happy about something after winning, but still enjoy the win.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #6434 on: September 17, 2017, 10:02:27 PM »

Lateral thinking not going to fly by the looks of it, SE.

Story of my life mate.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal