collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2115143 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6405 on: September 17, 2017, 08:08:18 PM »
It's not a wild a prediction. Bet against us and we will see who comes closer to the pin.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #6406 on: September 17, 2017, 08:09:55 PM »
I think come Saturday evening we will have put four past a shit Forest side.

Nurse!

I hope he's right because it will mean Bruce has been drinking from the Cup of Adventure and Entertainment. I'd be stunned if he suddenly became that kind of manager. So we'll see.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #6407 on: September 17, 2017, 08:18:21 PM »
I sense John is warming to him.

Got to admit that made me laugh
You can laugh but  I hear "love is in the air".

Offline Damo70

« Reply #6408 on: September 17, 2017, 08:27:18 PM »
I think come Saturday evening we will have put four past a shit Forest side.

I hope you don't waste money on these weekly predictions, Ads?  ;)

What, like my prediction we'd beat Barnsley by three clear goals.

I was thinking of only getting 3 right in the last 14 league games. Similar to Bruce.

If you're a betting man, you're a bookie's dream.  ;)

The vast majority of betting men are a bookies dream.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #6409 on: September 17, 2017, 08:28:48 PM »
It's not a wild a prediction. Bet against us and we will see who comes closer to the pin.

I hope you're right Ads. It's been a while since we won two on the bounce.

If I had to out my last tenner on it, I would go for a draw.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #6410 on: September 17, 2017, 08:33:03 PM »

I think Bruce was spot on, and there was 'mass hysteria' on social media and on the WM phone in from some plebs. I'd have done exactly the same as he did yesterday as well if i'd had to put up with the bloody nonsense as well.

It's the same people acting outraged with what he said that probably gave Yorke dogs abuse then went ape shit when he kissed his badge in front of them.

If you dish it out don't act all offended if someone has a go back.

If you really believe there was "mass hysteria" then sorry you're as gullible as those who keep rolling out the "fickle" card because DOL said we were.  As for being outraged or offended by his comments - nice hyperbole but somewhat off the mark - I just thing he's a dick for coming out with it.   I'm quite prepared for someone to have a go back if they actually have some facts to back up their argument instead of coming out with a load "alternative facts" that would insult the intelligence of a Small Heathen,  and digs at section of the fan base to divert attention from the failings.   

Offline Damo70

« Reply #6411 on: September 17, 2017, 08:33:15 PM »
But he says "mass hysteria" kind of in a half jokey way doesn't he? It's not like a Kevin Keegan's "I would love it" rant. I took it as being slightly sardonic but he should know better in the world of twitter. Anything rhyme with hysteria for an amusing chant on Tuesday?!

I still don't think he's got it in him and this merely delays the inevitable and reduces our chances of promotion by getting a competent manager in quickly enough to have an impact. Anyway lets see what happens at the Forest game. That's half the problem there is literally no way of guessing what kind of villa will turn up. It's a mysteria.

Malaria Rhymes with hysteria. Known to cause hallucinations and all the other symptoms headache, nausea, vomiting, profuse sweating, abdominal pain, diarrhoea, shaking, high fever I get from watching us.

diptheria

We should run out to Def Leppard's Hysteria.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #6412 on: September 17, 2017, 08:35:18 PM »

I think Bruce was spot on, and there was 'mass hysteria' on social media and on the WM phone in from some plebs. I'd have done exactly the same as he did yesterday as well if i'd had to put up with the bloody nonsense as well.

It's the same people acting outraged with what he said that probably gave Yorke dogs abuse then went ape shit when he kissed his badge in front of them.

If you dish it out don't act all offended if someone has a go back.

If you really believe there was "mass hysteria" then sorry you're as gullible as those who keep rolling out the "fickle" card because DOL said we were.  As for being outraged or offended by his comments - nice hyperbole but somewhat off the mark - I just thing he's a dick for coming out with it.   I'm quite prepared for someone to have a go back if they actually have some facts to back up their argument instead of coming out with a load "alternative facts" that would insult the intelligence of a Small Heathen,  and digs at section of the fan base to divert attention from the failings.

The phrase 'intelligence of a Small Heathen' made me laugh. It is like talking about the legs of a fish.

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #6413 on: September 17, 2017, 08:36:47 PM »
There does seem to be a routine (this season anyway) of if we lose or draw, then give him shit. If we win, then find something else to give him shit about anyway. No, it's not been the best start but just a thought.

Clampy you make some good points, no matter what happens he gets it in the neck, on social media ( not H@ V) and the hideous Radio WM they always seem to have it in for him, I think his talk of hysteria is aimed at them rather than the fans, I'm really hoping we can win against Forest to give us some momentum and to ease the pressure that he, the club and our brilliant fans are feeling.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #6414 on: September 17, 2017, 08:38:36 PM »
But he says "mass hysteria" kind of in a half jokey way doesn't he? It's not like a Kevin Keegan's "I would love it" rant. I took it as being slightly sardonic but he should know better in the world of twitter. Anything rhyme with hysteria for an amusing chant on Tuesday?!

I still don't think he's got it in him and this merely delays the inevitable and reduces our chances of promotion by getting a competent manager in quickly enough to have an impact. Anyway lets see what happens at the Forest game. That's half the problem there is literally no way of guessing what kind of villa will turn up. It's a mysteria.

A shot in dark
A big quethtion mark
In Hithtory

It's Insania!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #6415 on: September 17, 2017, 08:39:43 PM »
Insania beats inept or inert.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #6416 on: September 17, 2017, 08:46:43 PM »
Forest aren't too bad. Made some decent signings in the summer, McKay from Rangers who's been excellent and Daryl Murphy who's led the line well as I suspected he would.

They're a much better team than the mob who fluked a draw at VP last season anyway.

It's a game we should be winning of course but local derby and all that (our record is pretty poor in the last few seasons).

Good test the next 3. We should be getting at least 7 if not all 9 points. Forest and Burton will be tricky though, Burton on their own patch gave all teams a game.

We should be sticking a few past Bolton though, they are out of their depth in this division.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #6417 on: September 17, 2017, 08:48:41 PM »
"Time for you to step back from the hysteria,
So, we're going to give some garden leave,
Which will give you time to tend your wisteria.
And if that ain't clear enough for yer,
What we mean is we're kicking you up your posterior.
Goodbye!"

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #6418 on: September 17, 2017, 09:25:17 PM »
There does seem to be a routine (this season anyway) of if we lose or draw, then give him shit. If we win, then find something else to give him shit about anyway. No, it's not been the best start but just a thought.

Clampy you make some good points, no matter what happens he gets it in the neck, on social media ( not H@ V) and the hideous Radio WM they always seem to have it in for him, I think his talk of hysteria is aimed at them rather than the fans, I'm really hoping we can win against Forest to give us some momentum and to ease the pressure that he, the club and our brilliant fans are feeling.

But the give him shit when we win wouldn't be the case as much today if once again he didn't come out with the hysteria bollocks. He could have just some something like "I'm happy we won, I thought we played some good stuff. The fans were great, I'd like to thank them for travelling in such huge numbers. I know they are concerned about our position but things will improve".

Nobody would have criticized him. But he didn't and instead went on the attack or at least came out with passive aggressive comments. He just doesn't get it.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #6419 on: September 17, 2017, 09:28:55 PM »

But the give him shit when we win wouldn't be the case as much today if once again he didn't come out with the hysteria bollocks. He could have just some something like "I'm happy we won, I thought we played some good stuff. The fans were great, I'd like to thank them for travelling in such huge numbers. I know they are concerned about our position but things will improve".

Nobody would have criticized him. But he didn't and instead went on the attack or at least came out with passive aggressive comments. He just doesn't get it.

Good post

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal