collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113695 times)

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6375 on: September 17, 2017, 02:30:39 PM »

I don't think Bruce was being smug or condescending in any shape or form yesterday

He's just clearly sick to the back teeth of being slagged off for everything no doubt. We win, we don't win well enough or in the 'right way', we lose or draw and 'we're shit' regardless of how the actual game panned out. I'm delighted he's come out fighting and telling the moaners what he thinks. You can't give someone dogs abuse and not expect them to have the odd go back when they see fit. More of it please.

You'd think he'd called the entire fanbase arseholes the way some folks bleat on.

Good post. I welcome his ire and anger - if it helps get results, keep it coming no matter whom he offends

We only seem to get a response from the team when his job is under threat. Maybe we should all slag him off between now and the end of the season.

Before the Norwich game:
“With all the doom and gloom and the negativity, it engulfs us very quickly. It is not like we have had a bad six months, we’ve had a bad week [with defeats at Cardiff and Reading],” he said.

“There has been a lot of nonsense but you remember them. You think well, I will remember what they said a few weeks ago and hopefully shove it down their throats.

“The frustration for me is that social media now is vile. Thankfully I don’t read it, but I hear snippets. It borders on ridiculous but I suppose that is the society we live in."

Just a thought.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #6376 on: September 17, 2017, 03:30:32 PM »

I don't think Bruce was being smug or condescending in any shape or form yesterday

He's just clearly sick to the back teeth of being slagged off for everything no doubt. We win, we don't win well enough or in the 'right way', we lose or draw and 'we're shit' regardless of how the actual game panned out. I'm delighted he's come out fighting and telling the moaners what he thinks. You can't give someone dogs abuse and not expect them to have the odd go back when they see fit. More of it please.

You'd think he'd called the entire fanbase arseholes the way some folks bleat on.

So you don't think dismissing justified criticism after a year of dross as "mass hysteria" is in anyway condescending?  Or that he's acted all "told you so" and "crisis what crisis, what's all the fuss about" after both Norwich and yesterday?  He may as well be calling his critics aresholes, there isn't much difference.  He'll be entitled to bite back when he has done something worth defending, like achieving a consistent level of performance and results over a significant period of games and time, not when he's managed a very rare isolated win.  But if that happens he won't need to bite back because there will be nothing to criticise will there?

I think Bruce was spot on, and there was 'mass hysteria' on social media and on the WM phone in from some plebs. I'd have done exactly the same as he did yesterday as well if i'd had to put up with the bloody nonsense as well.

It's the same people acting outraged with what he said that probably gave Yorke dogs abuse then went ape shit when he kissed his badge in front of them.

If you dish it out don't act all offended if someone has a go back.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6377 on: September 17, 2017, 03:34:18 PM »

So you don't think dismissing justified criticism after a year of dross as "mass hysteria" is in anyway condescending?  Or that he's acted all "told you so" and "crisis what crisis, what's all the fuss about" after both Norwich and yesterday?  He may as well be calling his critics aresholes, there isn't much difference.  He'll be entitled to bite back when he has done something worth defending, like achieving a consistent level of performance and results over a significant period of games and time, not when he's managed a very rare isolated win.  But if that happens he won't need to bite back because there will be nothing to criticise will there?

I think Bruce was spot on, and there was 'mass hysteria' on social media and on the WM phone in from some plebs. I'd have done exactly the same as he did yesterday as well if i'd had to put up with the bloody nonsense as well.

It's the same people acting outraged with what he said that probably gave Yorke dogs abuse then went ape shit when he kissed his badge in front of them.

If you dish it out don't act all offended if someone has a go back.

The difference is that Yorke had moved on to better things so (however classless it was) could give a big Fuck You having succeeded on his own terms. Bruce yesterday won our second game of the season, moving us up from 18th position in division two. He is the manager of Aston Villa. We've won two games this season. He's in no position to do anything other than apologise.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #6378 on: September 17, 2017, 03:43:12 PM »
Bruce should be embarrassed at his performance after 11 months at our club, not coming across  all 'Billy big bollocks' after 2 wins in 8.

If he had anything about him, he would wait until he has won three or four league games on the bounce before he comes out with this shit. It just confirms to me that he's not up to the job.

If we don't go storming up up the league soon, after attacking the fans like this,. he won't know what's hit him.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #6379 on: September 17, 2017, 03:51:38 PM »
See you next game Stevie B!

Will it be praise or 'Bruce you spud'?
Will we be hammered or score goals in floods?
Will it be crisis?
Hysteria?
You'll have to wait and see.
Hope it's praise, it's praise, we 'ope it's praise, it's praise...

"Steve Bruce Management Skills. What'll he give the fans for their Villa Park Thrill this Saturday?"

To the tune of the 1982 classic:

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #6380 on: September 17, 2017, 03:59:25 PM »

Some of what you say is fair enough.
Our current manager has given fairly defiant (some might say aggressive or condescending) responses after his two victories, and in other circumstances we could all draw some succour from them. However, Naarrich and Barnsley both gave a display of inept defending which we were able to take advantage of. Neither game should be regarded as reliable signs of having 'turned the corner.' I'd like more proof before declaring us eligible to be promotion challengers.
In my view, he should play the long game in terms of his media presence by winding his neck in, concentrating on the job of turning this team into promotion contenders and letting the performances speak for him.

Given that he has such (self-proclaimed) extensive experience of both promotion challenges and of working for big clubs under pressure (I refer mainly to Sunderland and the extreme pressure he lived under there), he should know better. His current demeanour is unnecessary, unhelpful and unwarranted.

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #6381 on: September 17, 2017, 04:38:52 PM »

In my view, he should play the long game in terms of his media presence by winding his neck in, concentrating on the job of turning this team into promotion contenders and letting the performances speak for him.

Given that he has such (self-proclaimed) extensive experience of both promotion challenges and of working for big clubs under pressure (I refer mainly to Sunderland and the extreme pressure he lived under there), he should know better. His current demeanour is unnecessary, unhelpful and unwarranted.

I think Steve should employ you as his personal consultant.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #6382 on: September 17, 2017, 05:00:54 PM »

I think Steve should employ you as his personal consultant.
Well, thank you Mr Wakefield.
I wouldn't want to work for him particularly; and football managers are, I suspect, not very good at taking good advice and acting on it.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #6383 on: September 17, 2017, 05:10:44 PM »
It's mass hysteria on his part having a strop at fans we have after put up with his management of our club. Sorry Steve but your football has been shit and we would put up with it if we were getting wins. But when you couple shit football and shit results don't be shocked when fans after 11 months and millions spent on players who should be doing a lot better are a little fucked off.

You sound a fucking clueless out of touch imbecile. You're not managing low expectation Wigan or Hull or the fucking dipshit noses now. You're at a proper club. So act the part.

Online Clampy

« Reply #6384 on: September 17, 2017, 05:14:03 PM »
There does seem to be a routine (this season anyway) of if we lose or draw, then give him shit. If we win, then find something else to give him shit about anyway. No, it's not been the best start but just a thought.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #6385 on: September 17, 2017, 05:15:32 PM »
It's mass hysteria on his part having a strop at fans we have after put up with his management of our club. Sorry Steve but your football has been shit and we would put up with it if we were getting wins. But when you couple shit football and shit results don't be shocked when fans after 11 months and millions spent on players who should be doing a lot better are a little fucked off.

You sound a fucking clueless out of touch imbecile. You're not managing low expectation Wigan or Hull or the fucking dipshit noses now. You're at a proper club. So act the part.
He needs to follow this up with a victory against Forest. He really is in last chance saloon

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #6386 on: September 17, 2017, 05:19:41 PM »
There does seem to be a routine (this season anyway) of if we lose or draw, then give him shit. If we win, then find something else to give him shit about anyway. No, it's not been the best start but just a thought.

Have a look at last season's, and then this season's, league tables. Then look at his rare post-win interviews. It's not complicated.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6387 on: September 17, 2017, 05:22:08 PM »

People are going to pick up on it when a manager keeps having a go at fans, as well as he comes across as a bit of a tool. 2 wins in 13 and he's had a go after both of them with the "mass hysteria" hyperbole. Smacks of Gabby and his "that's for the haters" after scoring once in a year.  Strikes me that Bruce is trying to deflect attention away from him not doing a very good job.

Don't forget it did for for DO'L with his "fickle" comment.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #6388 on: September 17, 2017, 05:31:18 PM »
What's the betting they spell the word "hysterical" incorrectly on the bedsheet?

Offline McGraths Dry Cleaning

« Reply #6389 on: September 17, 2017, 06:19:45 PM »
But he says "mass hysteria" kind of in a half jokey way doesn't he? It's not like a Kevin Keegan's "I would love it" rant. I took it as being slightly sardonic but he should know better in the world of twitter. Anything rhyme with hysteria for an amusing chant on Tuesday?!

I still don't think he's got it in him and this merely delays the inevitable and reduces our chances of promotion by getting a competent manager in quickly enough to have an impact. Anyway lets see what happens at the Forest game. That's half the problem there is literally no way of guessing what kind of villa will turn up. It's a mysteria.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal