collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:49:10 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 10:29:02 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Dave
[Today at 10:18:54 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:49:10 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:46:00 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:36:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113162 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6360 on: September 17, 2017, 11:30:08 AM »
Well bellend are not but he put young Bruce in his place there.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #6361 on: September 17, 2017, 11:36:44 AM »
In other news water is wet. Thanks Howard.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #6362 on: September 17, 2017, 11:37:26 AM »
Some of these 'football men', Bruce Jnr inc, must think we were born yesterday, we've spent more money than anyone in the division, are looking at financial Armageddon if we don't go up yet the fans shouldn't have the temerity to question the bloke responsible for being at the arse end of he table.

And accusations of negativity could be levied a little closer to home. Tit.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 11:39:35 AM by PeterWithe »

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6363 on: September 17, 2017, 11:40:54 AM »
Son defends his dad on twitter. Fair enough I think.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #6364 on: September 17, 2017, 11:46:24 AM »
If anything it shows how tedious the Mail is.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #6365 on: September 17, 2017, 12:04:09 PM »
I have to say with some of the comments made by Bruce regarding the supporters he has totally lost my goodwill now no matter what he achieves. He could do to look at the return on the investment the club have made for him and then go and spend a week eating generous helpings of humble pie instead of kebabs. If he wants tips on how to conduct himself look no further than Brian Little.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #6366 on: September 17, 2017, 12:23:28 PM »
For me, there is now a sufficient body of work to suggest quite convincingly that yesterday's result was temporary and that Bruce will revert back to form in time. I just don't think he can help himself and he's also created quite an unnecessary divide with the fans. So I'll enjoy the feeling of a win with the expectation that in a week or two we'll back to Bruceball of turgid grind out games and dropping points. And it won't have to be against better sides than Barnsley.

Naturally I'm going to add the well used line "I hope I'm wrong", but I don't think I am.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #6367 on: September 17, 2017, 12:26:42 PM »
For me, there is now a sufficient body of work to suggest quite convincingly that yesterday's result was temporary and that Bruce will revert back to form in time. I just don't think he can help himself and he's also created quite an unnecessary divide with the fans. So I'll enjoy the feeling of a win with the expectation that in a week or two we'll back to Bruceball of turgid grind out games and dropping points. And it won't have to be against better sides than Barnsley.

Naturally I'm going to add the well used line "I hope I'm wrong", but I don't think I am.

I hope your wrong too. But I don't think you are.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #6368 on: September 17, 2017, 12:29:20 PM »
Bruce was equally condescending and smug after we stuffed Norwich.  One win changes everything he said.  He then went on to produce one dreadful performance, and two sub-standard ones, one of them against 10 men for an hour.  Which  left us in 18th place, changing nothing. 

An intelligent person might learn from such experience not to be such a cock after once again managing to achieve an all too rare good result.  Instead he's showing himself as utterly graceless and lacking in humility.  Even 5-6 good results proves little in itself.  He achieved that at one stage last season only to undermine it with two consistently awful runs of form. 

His son defending him is understandable but misguided.  We may not have got teams promoted as we haven't had the chance to, but we all know a point a game isn't going to do it, nor is the 1.2 or whatever it is points a game Bruce has achieved since his tenure began. 

gpbarr you need to look up the definition of fickle if you really must try and use it, because at the moment you are talking bollocks. 

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #6369 on: September 17, 2017, 12:52:27 PM »

I don't think Bruce was being smug or condescending in any shape or form yesterday

He's just clearly sick to the back teeth of being slagged off for everything no doubt. We win, we don't win well enough or in the 'right way', we lose or draw and 'we're shit' regardless of how the actual game panned out. I'm delighted he's come out fighting and telling the moaners what he thinks. You can't give someone dogs abuse and not expect them to have the odd go back when they see fit. More of it please.

You'd think he'd called the entire fanbase arseholes the way some folks bleat on.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #6370 on: September 17, 2017, 12:59:33 PM »
Alex, he's not getting slagged off for everything at all. He's getting criticized for doing a piss poor job and having us sitting in a much worse position than we should be considering our investment and expectations. That's all.

Can you please let your dad know.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #6371 on: September 17, 2017, 01:00:58 PM »

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #6372 on: September 17, 2017, 01:51:36 PM »

I don't think Bruce was being smug or condescending in any shape or form yesterday

He's just clearly sick to the back teeth of being slagged off for everything no doubt. We win, we don't win well enough or in the 'right way', we lose or draw and 'we're shit' regardless of how the actual game panned out. I'm delighted he's come out fighting and telling the moaners what he thinks. You can't give someone dogs abuse and not expect them to have the odd go back when they see fit. More of it please.

You'd think he'd called the entire fanbase arseholes the way some folks bleat on.

So you don't think dismissing justified criticism after a year of dross as "mass hysteria" is in anyway condescending?  Or that he's acted all "told you so" and "crisis what crisis, what's all the fuss about" after both Norwich and yesterday?  He may as well be calling his critics aresholes, there isn't much difference.  He'll be entitled to bite back when he has done something worth defending, like achieving a consistent level of performance and results over a significant period of games and time, not when he's managed a very rare isolated win.  But if that happens he won't need to bite back because there will be nothing to criticise will there?

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #6373 on: September 17, 2017, 02:15:40 PM »
Bruce was equally condescending and smug after we stuffed Norwich.  One win changes everything he said.  He then went on to produce one dreadful performance, and two sub-standard ones, one of them against 10 men for an hour.  Which  left us in 18th place, changing nothing. 

An intelligent person might learn from such experience not to be such a cock after once again managing to achieve an all too rare good result.  Instead he's showing himself as utterly graceless and lacking in humility.  Even 5-6 good results proves little in itself.  He achieved that at one stage last season only to undermine it with two consistently awful runs of form. 

His son defending him is understandable but misguided.  We may not have got teams promoted as we haven't had the chance to, but we all know a point a game isn't going to do it, nor is the 1.2 or whatever it is points a game Bruce has achieved since his tenure began. 

gpbarr you need to look up the definition of fickle if you really must try and use it, because at the moment you are talking bollocks. 

An absolute load of sense. Good post ktvillan.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #6374 on: September 17, 2017, 02:26:42 PM »

Good post. I welcome his ire and anger - if it helps get results, keep it coming no matter whom he offends

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal