collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 01:08:06 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by olaftab
[Today at 12:54:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:48:20 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113298 times)

Offline XXVilla

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6345 on: September 17, 2017, 07:53:58 AM »
If we had lost he would be gone, one good performance no way makes up for the crap he has dished up over the last few weeks. Kodja coming back may just save his job.

*months

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #6346 on: September 17, 2017, 09:00:42 AM »
Isn't Bruce on record as saying he doesn't even use email so he's not going to read forums, he must be talking about the match going fans and in my mind they have been incredibly patient considering the shite they've had to pay to watch.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #6347 on: September 17, 2017, 09:04:39 AM »
We might go on a bit of a run from here and win 4-5 games but it won't really change much because it will probably be followed up by another bad run.  That's where he turns people off, if he loses a game or 2 his solution is to get back to keeping clean sheets and then once he's got 2-3 of them in the bag he'll start playing again but it means it can take 5-6 games to recover from 1 bad result (i.e. Cardiff this time).

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #6348 on: September 17, 2017, 09:11:02 AM »
We need to see and feel that something has finally clicked with the team, particularly going forward, over the next 3 matches that really makes you feel that we're set for the rest of the season to play well and get the results consistantly. Otherwise i think we'll keep plodding along with good few matches, bad few matches which is going to get us no where by the end of the season.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #6349 on: September 17, 2017, 09:35:17 AM »
this result doesn't change a thing unless we learn to do it on a consistent basis - and Bruce has done nothing over the last 11 months to show he can

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #6350 on: September 17, 2017, 09:37:18 AM »
Post match interview and the twat mentions "mass hysteria" twice. https://www.facebook.com/pg/avfcofficial/videos

An intelligent bloke would have resisted the opportunity to be a classless twat, but not Steve.

He's heading into DOL territory with those stupid comments.
If he calls us 'treacle pots' or something then it is all over.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #6351 on: September 17, 2017, 09:46:34 AM »
this result doesn't change a thing unless we learn to do it on a consistent basis - and Bruce has done nothing over the last 11 months to show he can

Which is why we ended up midtable and won't finish much higher this season.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #6352 on: September 17, 2017, 09:47:02 AM »
Hope he hasn't become too smug over one decent win. Until we have winning runs of 5 and 6 games the pressure will still be on him.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6353 on: September 17, 2017, 10:25:20 AM »
It does need to be followed up with a good run, that goes without saying. The players though need to take that into the next game just as much as the manager.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #6354 on: September 17, 2017, 10:42:00 AM »
Forest, Burton and Bolton left this month in the league.

I think anything less than 7 points from those 3 games and Bruce would still deserve to go

Two wins at a minimum. With that we should be on the verge of the top 6 at least.

Just looking at the October fixtures we really need the points:

Wolves (a)
Fulham (h)
SHA (a)
PNE (a)

3 away games, two local derbies. Very tough.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #6355 on: September 17, 2017, 10:43:17 AM »
Isn't Bruce on record as saying he doesn't even use email so he's not going to read forums, he must be talking about the match going fans and in my mind they have been incredibly patient considering the shite they've had to pay to watch.

He referenced phone ins and social media in one of his rants so he would be on about that aspect as I've heard very little dissent from the VP crowd towards him.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #6356 on: September 17, 2017, 10:49:34 AM »
Not sure if this has been covered or if Howard is on here? From the Birmingham Mail (pretty sure the Steve Bruce reply on twitter is a Mail typo and actually Alex). I have a sneaky feeling Howard's original blog is in part the "Hysteria" that Steve Bruce is constantly referring to.

Steve Bruce's son Alex gets embroiled in Twitter spat with Aston Villa blogger after win at Barnsley
It came after AVFC won 3-0 against Barnsley at Oakwell

Steve Bruce's son got embroiled in a Twitter spat with Aston Villa fan and Birmingham Mail blogger Howard Hodgson after the win at Barnsley.
Hodgson wrote a blog this week criticising Bruce senior after Villa started their Championship promotion push with seven points from seven matches.

Bruce's son Alex tweeted Hodgson, a director of the Aston Villa Supporters Trust, on Saturday evening after his dad responded to pressure by guiding Villa to a 3-0 victory at Oakwell.

Alex, who now plays for Wigan Athletic in League One, has been frustrated by some of the flak to come his father's way in recent weeks.

Here's his Twitter exchange with Hodgson:

Alex Bruce: Hope you can try and enjoy your Saturday night.....

Howard Hodgson: Villa won so of course I will. It's a rare feeling in recen times. Ask your dad what I wrote to him? Win next four and critics (including me) go away.

Alex Bruce: Let's hope for four wins then.

Howard Hodson: Four wins equals back on track. What more could any Villa fan ask for? I just know the vital nature of promotion for the club, financially.
Steve Bruce: You know how to create negativity that's about all....

Howard Hodgson: You know nothing about me so be quiet now. You love your dad so you want to defend him. That's OK.

Alex Bruce: And you know nothing about how to achieve promotions so pipe down.

Howard Hodgson: OK Alex. Let's hope it gets better than 37 points from 30 games despite 14 signings and the highest wage bill in the Championship, in 2017.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 10:54:36 AM by Diablo »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #6357 on: September 17, 2017, 11:19:14 AM »
Do other clubs have self appointed bell ends who think they're our champions? It used to be "The Fear" and now it's this name dropping fool.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #6358 on: September 17, 2017, 11:19:18 AM »
I'm not a massive fan of Howard but he's spot on there, it doesn't need anyone who has achieved a managerial promotion to know that sitting 18th isn't good enough.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #6359 on: September 17, 2017, 11:23:40 AM »
Hodgson comes across to me as a self-promoting tool most of the time, but there is nothing wrong in what he is saying there.

I also suspect he's right about the long term financial impact of not getting promoted this season, too.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal