collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by VillaTim
[Today at 12:20:12 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:01:31 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113249 times)

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6240 on: September 16, 2017, 08:05:09 AM »
Just watched his interview on SSN...he couldn't be anymore patronising if he tried. He's very much going down the DOL route if he carries on targeting the fans with all this talk of "hysteria" instead of taking responsibility himself for the shit performances and results.

I thought exactly the same before the Bristol City game when he said Villa fans were in "a state of euphoria" after beating Norwich and Wigan at home.

A 4-0 win at Barnsley could be orgasmic!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 08:43:23 AM by CT »

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #6241 on: September 16, 2017, 08:38:30 AM »
The interesting and overlooked comment in his interview with Mark Regan yesterday was that he blames the wages of players he inherited as one inhibitor for him.
Really??
Yes, we have Flabs, Richards, McGate and Hutton: together they are now a small proportion of the squad because he has brought in substantial numbers, many of whom will be on decent wages.
His attempt at bending th facts to defray the blame is amateurish, offensive and does him no credit whatsoever.
It's a shame our journalists are not more foresnsic in their interviewing techniques: his attempts at Trump-like alternative facts are just laughable.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #6242 on: September 16, 2017, 08:43:48 AM »
Unless he lived in a ***king cave for last few seasons he should have known all about our problems such as lazy players sitting on fat wallets. This once again shows a failure of how we recruit. You hire managers in any line of work to understand current problems get rid of such problems and put a new working system in place to function properly.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #6243 on: September 16, 2017, 08:45:09 AM »
It is very reminiscent of the last days of Sherwood.  All very Bart Simpson.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6244 on: September 16, 2017, 08:45:57 AM »
The interesting and overlooked comment in his interview with Mark Regan yesterday was that he blames the wages of players he inherited as one inhibitor for him.
Really??
Yes, we have Flabs, Richards, McGate and Hutton: together they are now a small proportion of the squad because he has brought in substantial numbers, many of whom will be on decent wages.
His attempt at bending th facts to defray the blame is amateurish, offensive and does him no credit whatsoever.
It's a shame our journalists are not more foresnsic in their interviewing techniques: his attempts at Trump-like alternative facts are just laughable.

I think  Doctor Tone has hinted at his annoyance on the same subject. I'm not sure what Bruce said was offensive. It might not have anything to do with what happens on the pitch and not sure why he brought it up but it's hardly offensive and Trump like.

Offline KRS

« Reply #6245 on: September 16, 2017, 08:50:57 AM »
Surely it's in his job description to help move on these overpaid useless feckers anyway...he has to take his share of the responsibility for failing to help get rid of at least one of the four mentioned above in the summer, or at the very least be proactive enough to get them shifted out on loan.

Offline Mister E

« Reply #6246 on: September 16, 2017, 08:54:19 AM »
Really??

I think  Doctor Tone has hinted at his annoyance on the same subject. I'm not sure what Bruce said was offensive. It might not have anything to do with what happens on the pitch and not sure why he brought it up but it's hardly offensive and Trump like.
I find it offensive to our intelligence: once again, we have a manager who assumes all fans are thick and don't have a voice. Take, for example, his view that the 'hysteria' is being whipped up by radios stations and social media: well, no. Legitimate concerns are being voiced by genuine fans about his shiteness.
His patronising comments ARE offensive and reminiscent of DOL and MON.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #6247 on: September 16, 2017, 08:57:14 AM »
Really??

I find it offensive to our intelligence: once again, we have a manager who assumes all fans are thick and don't have a voice. Take, for example, his view that the 'hysteria' is being whipped up by radios stations and social media: well, no. Legitimate concerns are being voiced by genuine fans about his shiteness.
His patronising comments ARE offensive and reminiscent of DOL and MON.

That's fine if you find it offensive. I can't say I do. Like I said, it's what happens on the pitch that matters. If it carries on like it is, then he'll be out of a job. It's as simple as that and he knows it.

Offline brian green

« Reply #6248 on: September 16, 2017, 08:59:55 AM »
As far as his comments are concerned I think that he believes he is far more articulate and erudite than he actually is. In the words of the old Yorkshire saying, he opens his mouth and owt comes out.

Offline Mister E

« Reply #6249 on: September 16, 2017, 09:05:11 AM »
As far as his comments are concerned I think that he believes he is far more articulate and erudite than he actually is. In the words of the old Yorkshire saying, he opens his mouth and owt comes out.
Both you and Clampy are right, of course. Offensive is a strong word I suppose, but I just find it amazing how arrogant some of these numpty managers are! A bit of humility goes a long way in my book.
I'm still naive after all these years ...

Offline Clampy

« Reply #6250 on: September 16, 2017, 09:12:26 AM »
If anything, he's just being defensive. He has been honest enough after some games but the fact that he's said we've been poor too many times has understandably worn people down.

Online Rico

« Reply #6251 on: September 16, 2017, 09:20:55 AM »
Should have been sacked after last seasons bottom half finish. The only players who came out of last season with any credit were RDM's signings ( and Hutton). Not one of Bruce's signings have proved to be outright successful. That in itself should be grounds for the sack.

Offline brian green

« Reply #6252 on: September 16, 2017, 09:21:35 AM »
My personal theory is that because so much of the early lives of football managers was taken up playing football at the expense of depth and breadth of education they lack communication skills.  They learn from each other.  They regurgitate each other's clichés and football speak.  The output of the mainstream British manager has not improved much since the first appearance of Ashen Faced Ron Knee in the pages of Private Eye.  They are parodies of themselves and each other.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #6253 on: September 16, 2017, 09:25:10 AM »
After dusting off my thesaurus and looking up some of the words I fully agree Brian😊

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #6254 on: September 16, 2017, 09:44:28 AM »
This is the last stand - lose and he's history.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal