collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113767 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6150 on: September 15, 2017, 12:56:27 PM »
His press conference quotes are pretty desperate.

"I can't really engulf myself in that. If it's last chance saloon then so be it. If that's what they want then so be it.

I can't really answer that the way I would like to but if that's what they want then how can I deny it."

"What's the fix? Off with my head and then somebody else comes in and changes it?

That's not the way forward surely because if that does then the club just engulfs itself in more mass change."

He's really pressing home the "hysteria" rubbish, and also the fact that we've only had one or two bad halves of football.  I just hope he's gone sooner rather than later.  All of his bullshit ignores the clear fact that in a complete season's worth of games, he hasn't shown that we're capable of getting anywhere near the top 6.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6151 on: September 15, 2017, 12:58:16 PM »

"I can't really engulf myself in that. If it's last chance saloon then so be it. If that's what they want then so be it.

I can't really answer that the way I would like to but if that's what they want then how can I deny it."

"What's the fix? Off with my head and then somebody else comes in and changes it?

That's not the way forward surely because if that does then the club just engulfs itself in more mass change."

I think it's a bit unfair to print random quotes without the questions that he's been asked to be honest.

Take it up with the Birmingham Mail. I lifted them directly, and in sequence.

I'd rather not read that rag to be honest.

Fair enough (you just have).

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #6152 on: September 15, 2017, 01:25:44 PM »
According to Bruce we're gonna be "there or there abouts" at the end of the season. That's a big call considering the shite start we've had. Pressure is on him big time.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #6153 on: September 15, 2017, 01:31:40 PM »

Not exactly Tichbourne's Elegy is it?

Also, given how we're doing at the moment, 'mass change' sounds like a pretty great idea.

It wouldn't be 'mass change' though would it?  It would just be him and his assistants for the time being. 

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #6154 on: September 15, 2017, 01:31:52 PM »
There or thereabouts is nowhere near good enough considering the business that's been done since Xia took over.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #6155 on: September 15, 2017, 01:38:06 PM »
There or thereabouts is nowhere near good enough considering the business that's been done since Xia took over.

Isn't that phrase normally a substitute for "we're going up" though?

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #6156 on: September 15, 2017, 01:39:05 PM »
According to Bruce we're gonna be "there or there abouts" at the end of the season. That's a big call considering the shite start we've had. Pressure is on him big time.

Did he specify where There or Thereabouts was?

Play Offs?
Mid Table?
Lower Bottom Half?
Worse?

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #6157 on: September 15, 2017, 01:40:44 PM »

Not exactly Tichbourne's Elegy is it?

Also, given how we're doing at the moment, 'mass change' sounds like a pretty great idea.

Too right. It's the 'mass keeping-everything-the-same' that worries the shit out of me.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #6158 on: September 15, 2017, 01:40:46 PM »

That's what I take it to mean. E.g. Spurs will be there or thereabouts if they can sort their Wembley form means I think Spurs have a good chance of winning the league.

As you say, pressure is on, but then so it should be.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 01:43:08 PM by Ads »

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #6159 on: September 15, 2017, 01:42:30 PM »
Key point is at the time he was a pragmatic choice based on everything

He had had his chance, is far more likeable than most recent managers and gets that it is the biggest job he'll ever have.

Unfortunately he has come up way short. Way, way short. Had he the constraints of other managers in the league in terms of playing and wage budget then he could genuinely claim some more slack (justifiable or otherwise)

Set up the team around Jack  - hardly sensible based on how regularly unavailable Jack has been in the last 2 and a bit seasons.

Offline Ger Regan

« Reply #6160 on: September 15, 2017, 01:45:07 PM »

If he meant it as going up automatically then he's a bullshit artist of the highest order. Nothing in his time here has shown that is even remotely likely.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #6161 on: September 15, 2017, 01:47:25 PM »

If he meant it as going up automatically then he's a bullshit artist of the highest order. Nothing in his time here has shown that is even remotely likely.

If we won the next 7 games we would be there or thereabouts depending on others form.

Offline Ger Regan

« Reply #6162 on: September 15, 2017, 01:49:41 PM »
I assume that was tongue in cheek but regardless, last year showed what can happen when you fall behind early. Despite our decent spells results-wise, we didn't really move up the table all that much.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #6163 on: September 15, 2017, 01:52:05 PM »
I assume that was tongue in cheek but regardless, last year showed what can happen when you fall behind early. Despite our decent spells results-wise, we didn't really move up the table all that much.

Indeed - the Crystal Palace under Dowie from nowhere is an exception. Teams may fall away like Derby a couple of years back and Brighton similar but the top six seem to largely comprise of those who have decent starts and enough consistency to pick up points over the whole season.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #6164 on: September 15, 2017, 01:54:05 PM »
'I've been here six months and a couple of days is it? And now it's off with me head.  Talking of heads, we are the big scalp in this league, have I ever told you that?  We are head and shoulders above anyone else for wan'ing to do well against.  We should be heading into this game with six points after all the chances we had against Brentford and Boro but we're not so that adds to the pressure.  Have I ever mentioned the fact that we are the big scalp in this league?  It's off with me head for only improving the side one place in the league after 4 months.  Complete hysteria but that's modern day football.'

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal