collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113206 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6135 on: September 15, 2017, 11:24:59 AM »
We were 19th when Bruce took over a year ago.
We are 18th now.

You can add to that a little.

19th having scored less than a goal a game, with a negative goal difference and less than a point per game
to
18th having scored a goal a game, with a negative goal difference and exactly a point a game

If we give him another 10-12 seasons improving at this rate we might make the playoffs before 2030.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #6136 on: September 15, 2017, 11:46:14 AM »
By mid October, his anniversary, I expect Bruce to improve that by 100% and we will be 17th.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #6137 on: September 15, 2017, 11:57:08 AM »
By Christ, he's a deluded, bullshitting arse.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #6138 on: September 15, 2017, 12:00:45 PM »
Bruce said Jack was the centre of his plans for the season
Losing him is a blow to us. My system in pre-season was geared around Grealish and how to get the best out of him.”

Brucey is a bull shitter. How could he gear pre season around Jack when he played around 45 minutes of it.
The delusion that he is creating around himself signals that the end of his tenure is close. He pretty much knows he will get the bullet soon; the players will know it too, and how they play on Saturday will demonstrate how committed they are to him.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #6139 on: September 15, 2017, 12:04:06 PM »

I don't think he can be both. He is either a bullshitter or deluded. Sadly, I think he has sunk into the latter. Which is probably the worst of the two evils.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #6140 on: September 15, 2017, 12:08:30 PM »

I don't think he can be both. He is either a bullshitter or deluded. Sadly, I think he has sunk into the latter. Which is probably the worst of the two evils.

Of course you can be both.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #6141 on: September 15, 2017, 12:13:32 PM »

Seems that way.  For the record, Grealish started his 45 minutes in Germany on the left before moving to a central role a bit later in that game.  He did start in the "number 10" position against Watford, but got injured early on in the piece.  Hardly 'central' to plans and I can't see where he would fit into the current system anyway.

Reminds me a bit of Peter Moores after England were knocked out of the Cricket World Cup.  We had just seen teams smashing the ball around and posting 300+ scores and he came out and said that we had done badly because we missed Jonathan Trott.     

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #6142 on: September 15, 2017, 12:15:38 PM »
We were 19th when Bruce took over a year ago.
We are 18th now.

We're living the dream.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #6143 on: September 15, 2017, 12:41:17 PM »

Of course you can be both.

He's a bullshitter who's managed to believe his own crap therefore he's deluded himself.............thankfully not us

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6144 on: September 15, 2017, 12:49:45 PM »
His press conference quotes are pretty desperate.

"I can't really engulf myself in that. If it's last chance saloon then so be it. If that's what they want then so be it.

I can't really answer that the way I would like to but if that's what they want then how can I deny it."

"What's the fix? Off with my head and then somebody else comes in and changes it?

That's not the way forward surely because if that does then the club just engulfs itself in more mass change."

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #6145 on: September 15, 2017, 12:51:08 PM »
he's talking like a man who knows he's fucked. It's just a matter of time.

Online Clampy

« Reply #6146 on: September 15, 2017, 12:52:10 PM »

"I can't really engulf myself in that. If it's last chance saloon then so be it. If that's what they want then so be it.

I can't really answer that the way I would like to but if that's what they want then how can I deny it."

"What's the fix? Off with my head and then somebody else comes in and changes it?

That's not the way forward surely because if that does then the club just engulfs itself in more mass change."

I think it's a bit unfair to print random quotes without the questions that he's been asked to be honest.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #6147 on: September 15, 2017, 12:52:39 PM »

Not exactly Tichbourne's Elegy is it?

Also, given how we're doing at the moment, 'mass change' sounds like a pretty great idea.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #6148 on: September 15, 2017, 12:52:59 PM »

I think it's a bit unfair to print random quotes without the questions that he's been asked to be honest.

Take it up with the Birmingham Mail. I lifted them directly, and in sequence.

Online Clampy

« Reply #6149 on: September 15, 2017, 12:54:26 PM »

Take it up with the Birmingham Mail. I lifted them directly, and in sequence.

I'd rather not read that rag to be honest.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal